• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl

• Brodie Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the situation, the pressure, the occasion, the having to wait 3 minutes before coming in 'cold' to take a one off kick, the difficulty of the set shot for a left footer, how was Dawson's goal overlooked for a nomination for AFL goal of the year?

The usual run-around-kick-one-out-of-my-arse goals got a nod, but not Dawsons absolute freakish against-physics pearler.

**** you AFL.:)

Just on Laird.

He was quite good too. Had the zip he had at HB and I reckon Crouch in meant he played more outside.

Also meant Keays had less ball and made more impact with less junk stats.

Schoenberg/Crouch/Laird/Keays are clearly our best four mids. And do work well together.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben Keays along with Brad Crouch an AFL round 3 high 11 Clearances.

Better game than Laird and by a fair margin IMO.
Umpires give votes to highest stat winners. And if a forward kicks 5 or higher a token one vote.

So I could be wrong, maybe Ollie instead of Boak.

Agree on Keays v Laird.

Just on Laird.

He was quite good too. Had the zip he had at HB and I reckon Crouch in meant he played more outside.

Schoenberg/Crouch/Laird/Keays are clearly our best four mids. And do work well together.

Just need Crouch to get back to his best and stop handballing to a stationary player

Considering the situation, the pressure, the occasion, the having to wait 3 minutes before coming in 'cold' to take a one off kick, the difficulty of the set shot for a left footer, how was Dawson's goal overlooked for a nomination for AFL goal of the year?

The usual run-around-kick-one-out-of-my-arse goals got a nod, but not Dawsons absolute freakish against-physics pearler.

fu** you AFL.:)
Has a set shot ever got a nomination for, let alone won, goal of the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually there’s a thread. Biggest pressure goals in AFC history.

What about this one?

The most painful thing about making that thread is that some of our best pressure goals in history have been in our most heartbreaking losses:

• Torney vs Hawthorn 07
  • Tippett vs Collingwood 09
  • Bock vs WC 06
  • Stiffy vs Hawk 12

Ugh.

The most painful thing about making that thread is that some of our best pressure goals in history have been in our most heartbreaking losses:

• Torney vs Hawthorn 07
  • Tippett vs Collingwood 09
  • Bock vs WC 06
  • Stiffy vs Hawk 12

Ugh.

Thanks for making me remember all those.

That Tippett one was insane. Swirly wind, late in the fourth, not a known big kick..

Poor Stiffy should have been a hero as well with that one in 2012. If Talia doesnt get injured, we don't have to play Luke Thompson and contain their forwards much better and Sando may be a premiership coach.

That Tippett one was insane. Swirly wind, late in the fourth, not a known big kick..

Poor Stiffy should have been a hero as well with that one in 2012. If Talia doesnt get injured, we don't have to play Luke Thompson and contain their forwards much better and Sando may be a premiership coach.

If I have to live with them all burned in my brain then so do the rest of you.

To be fair, the 2012 team was lucky to get that close and most likely would have been destroyed by Sydney in the GF.

Just on Laird.

Laird was on Wines for much of the game... & Wines had little influence.

If I have to live with them all burned in my brain then so do the rest of you.

To be fair, the 2012 team was lucky to get that close and most likely would have been destroyed by Sydney in the GF.
We were a damn good team in 2012 and beat Sydney in Sydney. We would have been a good chance against them in a GF.

I have PTSD after that, I reckon we would’ve won that game against Sydney the next week

We were a damn good team in 2012 and beat Sydney in Sydney. We would have been a good chance against them in a GF.

Agree to disagree on that one. Swans wiped the floor with us in the QF and we were staring down straight sets before Tex played arguably the game of his career against Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU: Jordan Dawson sinks Port Adelaide after the siren

Back