Review GBU vs collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad: basic skill errors, missed handballs when we were attacking, and poor setups through the middle when we had seen Collingwood rebound easily all day.

The reality is we have lost too many games already.
We will need at least 13 wins to make finals and I just don't see it happening.
We will need to win all the ones we are expected to and pinch three or four against far better opponents.
Just another wasted year.
Dawson continue his trend to an elite midfielder after a slow start to the season, Soligo and Rankine both developing into elite midfielder potential, a good draft pick (lucky we didn't trade this) and Nicks getting sacked next year.

We didn't lose this game because of umpiring, sure it might have been a borderline decision but we weren't scoring a goal anyway and there was 15 seconds to go.
We lost because we dominated the last 45 minutes and didn't score enough. We certainly had enough ball inside 50 and enough shots for goal. Keays, Rachele, Jones, ROB all missed just in the last 7 or 8 mins

Good. Our ability to defend the mountain of easy clearances collingwood got

Bad: rankine maybe injured..we are a stupidly bad handball happy side that causes its own downfall by handballing not to advantage and selling guys into trouble

Ugly: midfield coach and clearance work..we virtually gave up and watched collingwood win clearance after clearance all over the ground. Disgusting stuff.

Worse than pathetic tackle technique that allows the opposition to almost always get a clean handball off meaning itsreally a non tackle

Unpires screw us at the dwath to cost us a chance of a win AGAIN
Another game another dubious decision at the death that goes Collingwoods way. What a shock.
Not the reason we lost, but I am 100% confident if Collingwood were 4 points down and Nick Daicos had the ball he could have run in a try from there and it wouldn’t have been called

Credit where it's due, Hamill was pretty good today.
Thought he was excellent. Good matchup selection too as Max would normally get Hill, being able to put Hamill on him freed Max up to play another role. I feel like last year we'd have gone in with 3 talls and conceded a bunch of goals to Schultz or Hill or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McHenry, Murphy and Laird are not helping our team. Schoenberg, Woz and Muz (last 2 obviously) help and we should of tried Dowling and Ryan already. We should have a plan for Hinge and Worrell playing the wings rather than Sholl and the old boy Smith.

Smith should be a substitute and Laird is HB or HF or SANFL

Laird, Jones, McHenry, ROB, Murphy, Jones, Smith and Hamill
With these guys in the 23 we are going nowhere. Even if we replaced half of them with players with skill, we'd win today, and probably be 6 or 7 wins this season
It doesnt help when we have a clueless coach that picks them and literally has no method for winning close games apart from 'chip it around' when what we should be doing is playing on and getting it forward, which is why we get in front in the first place. Every time we hit the front we go back in our shells and go back to why we were losing before the last qtr. Every time.
Been saying this for a long time, our bottom half dozen are not AFL standard.

Watched the game last night and wondered how many of our 22 would replace the same position Swan. I reckon only 6-7. HTF did we not have a real go at getting Grundy?

Meh. I feel nothing. It's just so obvious how it ends, all the time.
I said at HT we’d lose by a kick.

Then when Rankine kicked the goal I was like surely, for once you find a way to hang on.

We’re not even a dog that gets its arse sunshined on some days.

We didn't lose this game because of umpiring, sure it might have been a borderline decision but we weren't scoring a goal anyway and there was 15 seconds to go.
We lost because we dominated the last 45 minutes and didn't score enough. We certainly had enough ball inside 50 and enough shots for goal. Keays, Rachele, Jones, ROB all missed just in the last 7 or 8 mins
No system when the ball went forward

Apart from early in the 2nd quarter when Collingwood looked like they were going to run away with it, we were close on the scoreboard all day. Despite that, it never felt like we were any danger of actually winning, even when we were in front late in the final quarter.

Rankine was outstanding.

Nankervis very good all day, too. I guess spending half a game on the bench as sub last week really freshened him up. Great coaching 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back