• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good signs from Thilthorpe and ROB. Soligo and Berry tried hard. Need more class in middle still, and defence.

Hopefully Milera can come good after a big preseason , following his first season in 3 years.

Poor games from Tex, Smith, McHenry, Dawson.

Worrell did some good stuff too.

Glad the seasons over TBH. Each year gets harder and harder to stomach.
I just got 3 hours a week back that I can use for more productive things like banging my head against a wall or putting round pegs in square holes.

Does Wayne Milera have any trade value?

Connor Rozee: 34 disposals, 10 contested, 4 marks, 8 tackles, 5 clearances, 1 goal, 527m gained

Chayce Jones: 12 disposals, 8 contested, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 2 clearances, 310m gained
Ned McHenry: 11 disposals, 4 conested, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 239m gained

One of these men is an AFL footballer, two of them are not
It's just funny now....both picks in the top 20 of that 2018 "super draft" are just complete spuds.
Time to admit we got it wrong and move them on. But we won't

We are a bit of a blue-collar, workman styled team. Reckon last few rounds we have looked a bit tired and beaten up. Laird's numbers heavily down, Keays not moving like he was earlier in the season etc. All fell apart tonight in the perfect storm - Port legend retiring in a dead-rubber game with no high-stakes - they were always going to win and win well.

Plenty of positives out of this season. Some great sign from some players. We have a pretty good idea of a few we can get rid and those that have their final chance. Finished on the ladder about where we deserved as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We looked awful after half time, Ports pressure was very good and we just couldn't get any momentum.

I don't think we should read too much into tonight's performance, Port just wanted it more, this is like their grand final every year.

I still think we have made progress this year and we are heading in the right direction. We still have quite a bit of dead wood we need to move on, but the core is there of a good side. We just need to add more classy players this off season, and we need to do whatever we can to keep our first pick and draft the best mid available.

Insert Rankine and Rachele plus the Pedlar which played today, remove Rowe, Murphy and McHenry.

Looks a better side.

Be keen to see how Milera is physically after this preseason. He has skill and sees the game well. But his body has been like a 34 year old for most of this year.

If Brennan Cox is gettable, get him. Although I think Butts and Murray could still be good after they mature. They are still young.

RoB, what can we do? Grundy is expensive and too old. No guarantee Grundy is physically better anyway. Strachan is not the answer and Thilthorpe not ready in 2023 (or 2024) to lead Ruck.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont be too so down, there are positives.

20191206001436464786-original-scaled.jpg
Safest job in South Australia right now.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

List is by far the biggest issue, 10x bigger issue than gameplan or coaching personel. Keays is also the least of our issues, works hard and pressure was good, obviously lacks polish. Milera, Jones, McHenry, Rowe, Parnell I dont see a future for. Shoenberg shows signs but is well behind what a 3rd year mid should be producing. Brodie has 2 more years, loved what hes done for the club but hes regressed so much. The more I watch Riley the more I see him as a Grundy type ruckman. We need a Key forward.

Kicking was abysmal all game, just terrible. Few kids going alright which at least is some hope for the future.

Review GBU vs Port

Back