Geelong - (2007-2011) Greatest ever winning record of 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

You won't hear much besides sarcastic remarks, but that's an amazing feat. I, like most, thought the Cats would slide this year. I don't think you can beat the Pies but there's no reason you can't make top 4 ... again.

You'll get plenty of people down playing this record, but the truth is, it's an amazing achievement, and something I'm very proud of our team for.

check out 9 and 10 on the list

9. Brisbane 75/24/1 rd5 2001 - rd3 2005
10. Port Adelaide 75/25/0 rd22 2000 - GF 2004

almost identical records and only a few rounds apart in time period covered

This thread is not about how the current Collingwood team is the best team ever to play football and guaranteed to win in 2011 and is therefore banned from the main board.

After defeating Sydney tonight. Geelong (2007-2011) has the greatest ever winning record of 100 consecutive games(including finals) in football history. Better than Collingwood of the 20's, and Hawthorn of the 80's. :thumbsu:

http://www.rogersresults.110mb.com/Rogers_Results/Tables/Best_Worst_Sequence/Best100.htm

Ummm, you might want to either re-read the stats, or re-word your posting. It is the best ever record FROM 100 consecutive games... you ain't won a 100 in a row!

Unfortunately Collingwood still hold the lead on the 200 & 300 game spots.... with arrogance so deeply rooted I shudder in mentioning that :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah yeah yeah that's well done geelong.

but what on earth has Ron The Bear done to warrant a red card?? (refer post 4)

one of the best posters on this place... that's gotta be a first

check out 9 and 10 on the list

9. Brisbane 75/24/1 rd5 2001 - rd3 2005
10. Port Adelaide 75/25/0 rd22 2000 - GF 2004

almost identical records and only a few rounds apart in time period covered

Congrats to Geelong, in this era of equalization, magical.

As for this quoted post, I'm pretty sure that Port and Bris went 6-6 head to head over this time, which leaves them with 69-18/19 records.

Which would have moved them up a fair bit on that list based on winning %.

Still not as good a team as Geelong tho.

Hawthorn 5 premierships

Collingwood 4 premierships

Geelong 2 premierships

I think the record highlights missed opportunity more than anything else.

Should have probably won 08 but then we were probably lucky to pinch 09. Then the Pies were miles too strong last year and finished on top of the ladder. I think 2 thus far is about right and not a bad return given the way the draft now works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong - (2007-2011) Greatest ever winning record of 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back