Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott's mention of the Tassie Devils when citing the potential for smaller-market teams hosting Home Finals - Preliminary Finals - was absolutely masterful. Really clever stuff.

I don’t venture to opposition teams boards, so not sure if there’s the same feeling over on the Port board, but I do read various shit on social media & post Thursday nights results I’ve seen calls for Rozee to be stripped of the captaincy with questions over his leadership abilities

Surely they have bigger issues than Rozee as captain - yes hes a young player, but where are the senior players supporting him?

Seems a bit scapegoatish for him being the one getting questions asked of him in his first finals campaign as captain

Glad we didn’t do similar with a young Joel when we lost our only final of 2012, in his first year as captain

Love this team. Definition of a professional win
This was a lot better than a "professional win" we absolutely ****ing bullied Port on their home pitch and embarrassed them. Thats their 2nd worst result in a final behind 119.

Professional would be showing up and having a comfortable 5-6 goal win without extending ourselves.

We put the comp on notice tonight, and we might have just totally ****ed Ports season.

I was sceptical because I felt like we needed midfielders and he wasn't a midfielder so I didn't want him in.

But hey, it worked and i was wrong and I've never been happier about it Pure_Ownage

Also, better pick up than Shultz jus sayin

Hes not that kind of midfielder per se but his role pushing up as the extra HF at stoppage then outworking everyone else back the other way has transformed us. I agree collingwood would have been so much better off with him than schultz.

Hes not that kind of midfielder per se but his role pushing up as the extra HF at stoppage then outworking everyone else back the other way has transformed us. I agree collingwood would have been so much better off with him than schultz.
Yeah, that's what I was kind of getting at at the time, just the Miers extra winger role but attacking the contest a bit more.

I didn't think we needed it until I saw it

I don’t venture to opposition teams boards, so not sure if there’s the same feeling over on the Port board, but I do read various shit on social media & post Thursday nights results I’ve seen calls for Rozee to be stripped of the captaincy with questions over his leadership abilities

Surely they have bigger issues than Rozee as captain - yes hes a young player, but where are the senior players supporting him?

Seems a bit scapegoatish for him being the one getting questions asked of him in his first finals campaign as captain

Glad we didn’t do similar with a young Joel when we lost our only final of 2012, in his first year as captain
There is only one scapegoat around here and his name is Kenneth

I gave them a chance when they were Cats, but wasn't it great lining up for a final against Narkle and Ratugolea? These guys are never going to save you in a final. The reason we let both of these guys leave was on display last night.

Also it might seem a bit gutless to kick them when they're down, but Port were truly torrid. From the moment they hit the front, the rest of the game was 103 to 17 in Geelong's favour... It was clinical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting our historically best runner in Blicavs on Dixon was just cruel. He could barely move and it showed.
But that's finals footy. Find a weakness and ruthlessly expose it. '07 we did that in Archer's last game.

When that went through I could not believe it. From where I was the physics didn't even make sense
watched where it landed, and it was about 2m behind the far behind post. Am guessing, but from where he was, he managed to get the top of the arc, to peak around the middle of the goals, and then it started coming back up the ground. Banana's.

Him and Tanner taking shots on his YT

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Mannagh was unbelievable tonight. He is so strong on the ball, tackles hard, runs all night, clever unorthodox up and under loopy kicks which move fast (like reverse miers), really clever where he puts the ball, and a super strong finisher. Absolutely unbelievable a guy whose played a less than 10 games playing in a high pressure final away from home.
How good could he actually get ?

Rookie, p36, p63, p57, DFA. Future 1st pick 20.

Plus henry close blitz and atkins all as rookies.
And if anyone would like to post why Wells is not the GOAT...

pls feel free to add here.

Go Catters

Top players for tonight were hard to choose, for me it was.
Dangerfield, Zuthrie, Stengle, Mannagh and Atkins. Could probably pick 5 more and not have much argument though! What a performance, such a great spectacle to watch!
I have to admit I didn’t think the team was capable of just flicking the switch for the finals …even more so with Stewart out

But they were all switched on which is what we have been hoping for to happen

I tip my hat to the club it was remarkable to see that happen after the form slump and the inconsistency shown the last few weeks,

Francis Evans, Esava and Narkle were all among Port's bottom-5 ranked players.
Ratugolea was especially disappointing, I was a big advocate of his when he was with the Cats.
I have to admit I thought Sav did well dragging Henry away from the forward line and he did some solid marking around the ground …the problem and much like JHF is that he did nothing when he did get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back