Review Geelong defeat Sydney by 6 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's still getting his hands to quite a few and just not sticking them. And then you factor in the umps not paying a clear grab he did take in the last quarter yesterday.:mad:

Easy to say, I know, but he almost seems to be due for plucking a few in one game soon. And we all know he's a more than reasonable chance to convert if he manages that. Crucial player for our finals chances, and great to see him out there leaving nothing in the locker again yesterday. Was absolutely spent on the outer wing after repeated efforts and busting several packs in succession in search of the footy.

There's not too many others who can say that about their efforts yesterday.

Above all else, you know this is what Rohan's going to bring everytime he steps onto the field. There's matches where the marks aren't quite sticking, but the good thing is that he doesn't drop his head if one aspect of his game isn't working, nor does it stop him going hard & jumping got the next mark coming his way

So it's no wonder when you see him late in games just sucking in the deep breaths

These are a couple of his efforts from earlier in the season - some of these efforts may not have registered a stat such as a tackle, but they are clear pressure acts & how players can impact a game without ball in hand:

Saints game:

Dogs game - both pressure & attacking moves with ball in hand:

Anyone got a list of the shockers we were on the recieving end of from those blokes who ironically enough are OPSM sponsored. Blind as dingbats more often than not, so appropriate.

Hows the snap kick out of the middle from Menegola under pressure to Dahlhaus that rolled out and given deliberate. Wtf. Not to mention a few high tackles we never got paid as well I recall to add to those 4 marks we were ripped off, at least 2 of those were certain goals...

From memory there were the 2 deliberates against Menegola and Parfitt when they were both trying to make the play. There were 3 marks not paid (Rohan, Tuohy and Taylor) that are paid 9 times out of 10 with 2 being 15m out directly in front. There was one mark 15m out on a bit of an angle not paid (Hawkins) that I've literally never seen not paid in my life. There was another mark not paid (Ratugolea) 25m out that's probably paid 7 times out of 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory there were the 2 deliberates against Menegola and Parfitt when they were both trying to make the play. There were 3 marks not paid (Rohan, Tuohy and Taylor) that are paid 9 times out of 10 with 2 being 15m out directly in front. There was one mark 15m out on a bit of an angle not paid (Hawkins) that I've literally never seen not paid in my life. There was another mark not paid (Ratugolea) 25m out that's probably paid 7 times out of 10.

Yeah that one to Sav where he took the 1 grab and then fell to the ground with the ball on his chest not touching the ground was a mark that is paid more often than not. No idea what the umps were seeing that game. So many dumb decisions it was staggering and also cost us goals on a number of occasions to add to the insult.

In the light of these 'observations'. I can't wait for Razor Ray's summation of events. Surely some of the GFC culprits in these incidents will now be suspended for a couple of games for bringing the game into disrepute.

After all, staging for marks is a scourge that simply must be eliminated from the game at all costs.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Above all else, you know this is what Rohan's going to bring everytime he steps onto the field. There's matches where the marks aren't quite sticking, but the good thing is that he doesn't drop his head if one aspect of his game isn't working, nor does it stop him going hard & jumping got the next mark coming his way

So it's no wonder when you see him late in games just sucking in the deep breaths

These are a couple of his efforts from earlier in the season - some of these efforts may not have registered a stat such as a tackle, but they are clear pressure acts & how players can impact a game without ball in hand:

Saints game:

Dogs game - both pressure & attacking moves with ball in hand:

Yeah, yeah, those old nebulous 'pressure acts'.

Show me some solid stats or I'm looking elsewhere...

:rolleyes:

Anyone got a list of the shockers we were on the recieving end of from those blokes who ironically enough are OPSM sponsored. Blind as dingbats more often than not, so appropriate.

Hows the snap kick out of the middle from Menegola under pressure to Dahlhaus that rolled out and given deliberate. Wtf. Not to mention a few high tackles we never got paid as well I recall to add to those 4 marks we were ripped off, at least 2 of those were certain goals...

There was also one where Dahlhaus marked on the wing. He'd controlled it long enough for the umpire to blow the whistle before he stepped OOB. He did juggle it a bit after that, which the boundary ump indicated to the filed umpire, and then all of a sudden it was a throw in.

Both are virtually the same. One drops marks, one takes marks. One misses goals, one kicks goals.

The key difference that keeps Rohan in is that he has more experience and understanding of where to be in the forward line AND he puts ridiculous pressure on defenders with his chasing speed.

One key thing there I gotta disagree with - Rohan does not miss goals. One of the most accurate set shots in our team and a thing of beauty to watch

Which one do you prefer - Menengola or Menegola?

;)

I prefer Menegolea, but funnily enough that call by Bruce was made with a Menegola pass to the Big Sav. I'm not sure he actually meant that or not.

There was a Todd Menegola who played for Freo back in the 90's, i wonder if Sam is a relative? But probably too young to be a son.

There was also one where Dahlhaus marked on the wing. He'd controlled it long enough for the umpire to blow the whistle before he stepped OOB. He did juggle it a bit after that, which the boundary ump indicated to the filed umpire, and then all of a sudden it was a throw in.
Yeah that's right. Was pissing me off, seemed liked all the 50/50 calls were going against us. The Mrs and kids were telling me off for yelling too much. I nearly lost it. 😂😑

He actually had the ball punched out of his hands after he marked it which wasn't paid, then ran 70m to apply pressure to get the ball back and set up a goal. Guess you missed that 2nd part though.
Rohan is crucial to our forward setup. Plus he has genuine speed which is seriously lacking in the rest of the team. DF is quick but the rest are one pacers - Duncan, Menegola, Parfitt, Selwood, Atkins. That's why I like Clark and Close.

One key thing there I gotta disagree with - Rohan does not miss goals. One of the most accurate set shots in our team and a thing of beauty to watch
I meant Ratagolea misses goals and Rohan is deadly accurate. Meanwhile Ratagolea is plucking marks and Rohan is spilling his. Obviously both can mark and kick goals, however at the moment neither is executing both things at once.

I meant Ratagolea misses goals and Rohan is deadly accurate. Meanwhile Ratagolea is plucking marks and Rohan is spilling his. Obviously both can mark and kick goals, however at the moment neither is executing both things at once.

Yeah this is a fair point, but Rohan still looks more likely in marking contests. Also, when he's on, he's REALLY on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back