Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

6 shots for goal.....0 goals 5 behinds...one not making the distance over 35-40 metres....the around the corner effort was infuriating...

Lose by 16 points...

Hawkins finals performances kicking for goal is poor....and it cost us big time today....

A real test of character for Tom next week.

Yeah, can't wait for him to kick 6 next week and we win just to then get pumped by the Tigers.

Hit the drat and look for pace and run. We're far too slow.

That was the difference. Scarlett needs to stop the crap with this tall defense and get with reality.

Henderson was sensational tonight and deserves to stay on the list. Taylor is cooked ... he can't play in the next final. Henry was woeful as was Koldjashnij.

We need a defensive restructure.
He shouldnt have been taken into this finals series if your serious about winning.
His form for the last month has been terrible.
Tells you all you need to know.

I dont blame the forwards as much as some, mids miss targets and defenders move the ball way too slowly. Doesn't give guys like Rohan and Hawkins enough space to move into. Hawkins had 4 shots from the boundary because he didn't get the quick ball movement to be able to mark in front of goal.

This was Motlops first good game since he won them the showdown in like his first game. Couldn't give a fu** about that dude. He almost dropped 2 weeks ago.

At the end of the day, he showed up in a final, 3 goals, teams in a PF, and most likely a GF berth, what have we done lately?

That was the difference. Scarlett needs to stop the crap with this tall defense and get with reality.

Henderson was sensational tonight and deserves to stay on the list. Taylor is cooked ... he can't play in the next final. Henry was woeful as was Koldjashnij.

Taylor battled well but is finished. Can't play Kolo and Henry in the same team. One or the other. We need far more run and carry. Clark just has to come in.

You said the most disappointing part of the game was Hawkins.

Hawkins was All-Australian and won the Coleman.

I agree but he kicks like he has all year tonight and we win the game. Unfortunately that's the bottom line.

Chris Scott masterstroke move when the game is to be won mid-way through the last quarter - puts Atkins, Dalhaus and Duncan in two centre bounces against big bodies like Wines. Port two goals and sayonara. That was it in a nutshell.

Port were effective with their pressure, and blocked the forward corridor to force hawkins wide, which in reality is a 33% chance of scoring a goal out that wide.

Motlop came back to haunt us with cheap ones out the back and he punished us.

Henderson was our best. Most of our backline was good. Ablett, Miers, Rohan, Atkins, Menegola, Guthrie, Dahlhaus no influence. A lot of passengers tonight.

Kolodjashnij tonight put together one of the worst finals performances I have seen in recent memory from a Geelong player.

Miers was extremely disapppointing as well.

Henderson well played. Arguably his best game for the Cats.

6 shots for goal.....0 goals 5 behinds...one not making the distance over 35-40 metres....the around the corner effort was infuriating...

Lose by 16 points...

Hawkins finals performances kicking for goal is poor....and it cost us big time today....

A real test of character for Tom next week.
Port completely demolished us from half time. Clearly the far better team. We got a couple of arsey goals late, which made the score line seem respectable, and they were a bit unlucky going forward themselves. The whole team fell apart. It wasn't just a Hawkins issue.

Well that was disappointing.
So many players down. Miers, Kolo, Henry, Rohan, Ablett, O'Connor, Stewart, Menegola.... the list goes on

Selwood was huge early.
Hawkins was ok. Just didn't convert. Could have had another monster game against them.

Pretty much our whole backline was bad bar Henderson and Bews was ok.
Sadly Taylor is just about spent.
And I dont think Kolo and Henry can play in the same team. Just comical at times.

We did play the top team on their home ground in front of their crowd. That needs to be considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive: at least there are no more byes coming up. Feel like we are a good chance to beat either WCE or Collingwood.

Negatives: please please please match commitee drop miers. Apart from the North Melbourne game, he has had a poor year. Feel like we are playing with one less with him in the side. We gambled with the centre square set up in the last quarter and lost.

Let's be honest, are we flat track bullies?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Miers definitely is a liability. Bring close in, at least he can tackle and plays a team game.

Taylor battled well but is finished. Can't play Kolo and Henry in the same team. One or the other. We need far more run and carry. Clark just has to come in.

Steven will come in not Clark but I agree.

One positive was Hendo doesn't look finished.

Down 2 goals in the 4th and we lineup at a centre bounce with Dalhaus, Atkins and Duncan and concede the clearance and a goal.

The Chris Scott special.

Look I'm neutral but how many times has he done this in final. Danger back in the middle with 4 minutes to go, Jesus Christ.

Here's your autopsy, sack the coach, and then let's move on. Let's not pretend anymore, wasted a decade with a bloke who got lucky in year 1. Hurts to say, but hard truths often are.
He lost us the game with sticking Atkins and Dalhaus in the middle. I knew before the ball was bounced they were gonna beat us in the clearances when it mattered most.

Kolodjashnij tonight put together one of the worst finals performances I have seen in recent memory from a Geelong player.

Miers was extremely disapppointing as well.

Henderson well played. Arguably his best game for the Cats.

His third quarter was typical of the tripe he's delivered consistently in finals for years. He needs to go.

I think we also need to look at our MF set up

:handpointup:

Every year it is the same.

- Midfielders sh*t the bed, get very little heat from the masses for it.
- Knock on effect that the defence is under much more pressure, get pilloried by the masses for it.
- Nuffies blame the coach for player skill errors.

Tonight starts and ends with them Selwood gave his all. Duncan got a bit of the footy but was poor, Guthrie and Menegola were down on the season. Dangerfield tried but didn't have a massive impact. Parfitt was putrid.

As a result guys like Dahlhaus, Miers, Atkins, Ablett are starved for supply. Hawkins has an off night and it is all she wrote.
Not being able to handle the heat in the middle causes the problems down back, those guys get slammed and the midfield repeatedly in finals get off lightly.

If we take our chances in the first half we have a decent lead and the talk isn't about this being the coach's fault. Miss easy shots on goal and it is somehow all on him. Utter nonsense.
Parfitt turns the footy over like a bloke taken in the 4th round, cant believe we picked this bloke with a top 30 selection, woeful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back