Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that is clear is the difference between how Selwood sees on coming traffic and still puts his teammates in the best position, while others protect their body first and take a poor option. Over and over and over again.

Tommy could have had us right in the game, but I won’t hold him responsible.

Absolute joke how the commentators didn’t notice Taylor murdering Dixon. He is a great pretender.

Remember when scott took so much crap for blicavs playing ruck
in the qf Last year.

well blicavs was main ruck again tonight.

scott is trump level stubborn.

and dalhaus and atkins in the centre square together when we got back to 2 goals is almost match fixing level stupidity.

If you think Blicavs was one of the problems tonight, you have no idea. Blicavs and Stanley in the ruck were okay.

Somehow Taylor kept Dixon to 1 goal and no marks, and Henderson was probably our best player so Blicavs effectively wasn't needed down back. Our key defenders did there job.

Our biggest issue IMO was our rebounding from half back and thru the middle, and our goal kicking.

So that Motlop deal worked out well hey? Hahaha choke on it Scott.

Bunch of soft, weak campaigners, I’m absolutely sick to death of this group.

This was Motlops first good game since he won them the showdown in like his first game. Couldn't give a **** about that dude. He almost dropped 2 weeks ago.

Took a real vintage Geelong performance to choke hard and completely muff it in true Geelong fashion.

Missed shots. Full 08 gf like. Hawkins you mentally weak choker.

Had the game on our terms but could not take chances. Port did.

Henry getting caught turned the momentum of the game. He does the SO OFTEN.

Kolo is putrid. Him and Henry are absolute putrid terrible finals players.

Scott’s game plan breaks apart and DOES NOT WORK IN FINALS.

Full list, “past doesn’t matter” according to Scott, yet SAME SH*T DIFFERENT YEAR.

I’m sick as **** writing this same post year after year.

These are dark times for the footy club. Perennial chokers when it matters most. Finals is scar I judge our side on and we are ****ing failures. Yet, the problems remain unfixed for 8 ****ing years!

**** this team and coach

It really is such a Geelong thing to basically negate Dixon but allow a small forward to play his 1 good game a year against us, there were calls for Motlop to be dropped a couple of weeks ago and now he was just a major reason that Port won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ax1y35b06hq51.jpg

This was a very winnable game
Hawkins kicked the worst I've ever seen him kick, he just needed to kick 2 of them.
Motlop's goals were unforgivable, how are we allowing a small forward to get goal side? How do we flood a backline, they kick sideways for 1 min then enter the forward line and they get a grubber over the back because we have no one on the last line of defense?
Taylor is well past it, he can't intercept mark anymore and is a liability if the ball ever touches the ground near him.
Danger missing from the contest at crucial times.
Henry is our worst player in high pressure games
The complete lack of game awareness cost us 2 shots at goal right on qtr time sirens.
I feel a contributor to our loss was Ports ability to make tackles stick (especially out of the center), too many times they broke free of ours and hacked it forward.
Control does not be chaos, we have seen this too many times before with Richmond, its so bloody effective in finals footy, just tackle well, apply pressure and get it forward.
Taylor completely blanketed Dixon.

Kicked ourselves out of it, in front of goal in the first half and out of defense in the second. Can't blame the coach for skill errors.

BUT who could have predicted that chip chip chip out of defense would come unstuck in finals? Well just about everyone on this board I think. Either we're a bunch of geniuses or our coach is.... Even Port who we match up well on had our gameplan on toast. I think opposition coaches love playing us in finals. And killed on the outside/in transition, same old story again

13 out of 17 finals lost in the last 9 years.

And one win because a hawthorn player missed a gimme after the siren. Another win where we barely scrapped over the line aginst a young interstate side that jumped us.

only two reasonable games in the whole lot. The swans semi and the eagles semi.

but its not scott.

Ah well, tried hard but didn’t play our best footy, didn’t take our chances. Played too much dopey go slow footy that will never win in finals. Sometomes you just need to move the footy on. Several players needed to be better. Backline did well, forward line ordinary. Mids beaten in second half- danger needed to be in there more. Hawkins brain fade game-uncharacteristic. A few little things and we win that. We will beat WC.

Last edited:
Too many slow defenders get picked every week. Need to change up the mix.

Mids can't hit enough targets. Duncan is supposed to be this guru of kicking, but he is just average.

Need some quicker small forwards.

Kolo and Henry are not AFL standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back