Review Geelong defeats Hawks at KP by 61 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same

I love when the reporter asked about this being Ablett's last year and Scott's response was, "is it?"

So I'm not sure if he genuinely didn't know or didn't read the info directly by Ablett last year after he re-signed where he said he'd give it his so for one more year

Or if he doesn't care because if Ablett keeps performing as he did last night, he has a spot in our best 22 next year
Gazza is done. Reaffirmed that this morning.
Said it took some words by other players last year for him to go again.

Totally agree with you on Parfitt - looks a totally different player - because he looks about 1000% fitter - Hamish said that in the call last night - so he moved with speed - something to get excited about

2nd half was great viewing - i liked i think it was the 2nd goal in the 3rd qtr - and Blicavs marked the ball at FB ( alot of defenders would have just punched it away ) but Blicavs marked it and set that goal in motion

Not getting carried away with the win - because Hawthorn in the 2nd half were pitiful - there was virtually no resistance at all - and they cant blame the ground - the shape/dimensions etc - it was perfect conditions - no wind - Geel just got the ball ( and HAW hardly touched it ) moved it quickly and with ease and waltzed in goal after goal

Liked Dangerfields tackle on Smith ( who is a big bloke ) front on - holding the ball - goal - Dangerfields 2nd half was very good
I never thought of him as being slow per say, just has an awkward running style where his centre of gravity stays low. Big asset for contested mids.

I cannot believe how big Parfs lats look though. He'd be walking around the gym with invisible basketballs under each arm

Some saying Rohan should be dropped for Steven but I think there's an impact over and above the strength of our side.

Feel free to draw different conclusions here but on the face of it Rohan as a third tall forces the opposition to bring a tall backline. Some of the benefits on having Rohan in the side there end up being seen in the space some of our smalls get to work in.

i know Menegola kicked 2 and is aerobic - but I could see him out for Steven.

If not him - then drop Rohan and bring Steven in. Whilst Rohan is quick - as pace seems to be a must - Steven will give more overall I think.

Cant have less impact than what Rohan did.

Well should not speak to soon I guess lol

GO Catters

Menegola was really good no way would I drop him.

Steven can play the Rohan forward role with bursts in the midfield.

There were jarring moments but the whole game was eerie when there was no sound. It just lacked energy. I think they could get better with it though, this is the first week.

It got be
Nobody's mentioned Chis Scott's beard yet - I think it played a quiet but clear role tonight. It stuck to its structures and that's all you can really ask of a beard.
I didn't like it at first but it got better as the game wore on. Have to go with it now whilst we are winning. Beardless Scott was pretty average in round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd play him more as a set forward - can take a grab and he's a beautiful kick for goal. His footy smarts are too slow and unreliable for on-ball play.

Yep, agree there but gee!!!...he can get the pill 30 plus, the guy's an enigma a riddle rapped up, difficult to control.
He's easy 22 but fringe?

Some saying Rohan should be dropped for Steven but I think there's an impact over and above the strength of our side.

Feel free to draw different conclusions here but on the face of it Rohan as a third tall forces the opposition to bring a tall backline. Some of the benefits on having Rohan in the side there end up being seen in the space some of our smalls get to work in.

Yep. Rohan fills a different role and is not someone to make way for Steven. Definitely not with Sav looking so out of sorts anyhow.

She was in the paper upset that she had organised a dress for the Brownlow and now probs couldn't go cause of Corona.
Why is she going? She's not married to him anymore.
Clinging to any form of relevance she can. Biggest attention seeker i’ve ever seen.

I’d swap menegola for steven. Why is it menegola only comes into the game when the heat comes off. Has a lot of terrible first quarters. May as well stick him on the bench until half way through the second quarter.

Menegola is a player you need to give a specific role that plays to his strengths. He's error prone but a good size, a great runner, a strong mark, and kicks goals. Problem is our coach hates players having a consistent role week in, week out. He looks at Menegola and sees "versatility" but it means he gets thrown all over the place and his base skills aren't good enough to excel at that. He's probably looked the best for us in that high half forward role because he's a deceptively good target and can run but even then his delivery is frustrating so you don't really want him to be that link player. So I don't know what his best role is. But you get the feeling if he were a Tiger he'd be an effective cog in their machine.

4 charges laid from last nights match:

- Shaun Burgoyne, Hawthorn, has been charged with engaging in Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Patrick Dangerfield, Geelong Cats, during the third quarter of the Round Two match between the Geelong Cats and Hawthorn, played at GMHBA Stadium on Friday June 12.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

- Liam Shiels, Hawthorn, has been charged with Striking Joel Selwood, Geelong Cats, during the first quarter of the Round Two match between the Geelong Cats and Hawthorn, played at GMHBA Stadium on Friday June 12.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

- Joel Selwood, Geelong Cats, has been charged with Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction) Liam Shiels, Hawthorn, during the first quarter of the Round Two match between the Geelong Cats and Hawthorn, played at GMHBA Stadium on Friday June 12.

In summary he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $750 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

- Sam Frost, Hawthorn, has been charged with Striking Gary Ablett, Geelong Cats, during the second quarter of the Round Two match between the Geelong Cats and Hawthorn, played at GMHBA Stadium on Friday June 12.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Financial Sanctions for 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season:

Please note, all financial sanctions payable under any existing code, rules or policy (including Tribunal fines, Code of Conduct, AFL Rules and AFL Regulations) will be reduced by 50 per cent for the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

If Steven's good to go it'd probably be Atkins to go for me. Do we play enough defenders to cut Tuohy for him? Had it with Tuohy, every bit a Carlton player. Would have Clark in for him of course if he's been training fine. It won't be Rohan to come out, like it or not they would have been pretty ok with his game I reckon. They view him as a marking target and Hawthorn were (foolishly) set up to defend that. Didn't get a lot of it but I reckon every time he did get it was in a scoring chain. And our forward line is slow without him

What saved Burgoyne from suspension would be the 'low impact' grading of the incident, and that's only cause a player like Danger is more intent on getting up & getting on with the game, rather than wanting to going off or complain of a headache

If Danger doesn't get up & take his free kick, then that gradings most likely upgraded to medium impact & if he couldn't return to the game then we may have seen high impact

If Steven's good to go it'd probably be Atkins to go for me. Do we play enough defenders to cut Tuohy for him? Had it with Tuohy, every bit a Carlton player. Would have Clark in for him of course if he's been training fine. It won't be Rohan to come out, like it or not they would have been pretty ok with his game I reckon. They view him as a marking target and Hawthorn were (foolishly) set up to defend that. Didn't get a lot of it but I reckon every time he did get it was in a scoring chain. And our forward line is slow without him
Tuohy was good again last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back