Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Was gutted when Smithy missed, but feel better and better about it the more I think it through. Win and we get another week off, not really needed and may make us rusty. We should win next week anyway vs the Bulldogs (if we don't, we are just making up the numbers anyway). So we'll play an away prelim in Sydney instead of a home prelim, shouldn't hold fears for us given our good record up there and our record in away finals. All going well we will see Geelong in the GF and I'd back us in on what I saw tonight.

Geelong threw everything at us tonight and still were in a position to win up until the last kick. Not bad for a team who were given little chance.

We showed we are still a serious threat. Lewis, Hodge, Mitch, Silk, Swiss, Fitz, Bruest, Gunston, Hill. A lot of guys stepped up tonight.

Don't think I've ever been prouder after a loss than I am tonight.

I feel for Birchall. He got a heap of the ball but just couldn't use it like he normally does. Back him to bounce back next week. Disappointed for Burton also as he showed some great signs.

Birchall is copping vitriol from supporters but let's not pretend that other senior players also didn't make mistakes.
I feared we'd get smashed but most players stepped up. For mine Birchall had one of the worst kicking games I've ever seen from him. Yes he wasn't solo in making mistakes but he made plenty of them.

Stiff.

Umpiring wasn't the issue. That rushed behind first quarter should've been deliberate so there ya go.

You're better suited to playing Sydney anyway so hopefully it'll be a gf rematch. 100k crowd. Footy needs it.
You think there was a free to Rioli infront of goal ?

The footy gods had been plotting with an evil glint in their eyes for this one all year. All the Hawthorn haters will be rolling around in their muck enjoying the turn of Fortune at the wrong end of the season.

But I say NAY! All part of the grand scheme to avoid the double bye. Brilliant Smithy BRILLIANT.

Seriously though, really enjoyed the game. Not sure what happened to the overlap run in the second half of the third quarter and the final. Seemed to go into our shells coming out of defence.

Loved Burton's first quarter. Hopefully he can play again should we go deep enough.

Enjoy kids, it's all part of the grand drama.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was gutted when Smithy missed, but feel better and better about it the more I think it through. Win and we get another week off, not really needed and may make us rusty. We should win next week anyway vs the Bulldogs (if we don't, we are just making up the numbers anyway). So we'll play an away prelim in Sydney instead of a home prelim, shouldn't hold fears for us given our good record up there and our record in away finals. All going well we will see Geelong in the GF and I'd back us in on what I saw tonight.

It's long odds mate. We play a Dogs side who are the best contested team in the league, they have the type of game structure and style that we struggle with. If you didn't realise it after our game earlier in the year you'll realise it 10 mins into the first qtr next week.

It's going to be a massive effort to beat them.

IF, IF, Hodgey hadn't given that ruddy 50 away, we would have won it. Stupid Hodge,stupid:'(:oops: Not only Isaac's missed goal. Very disappointed, we only had 3 on the bench, Burton injured didn't help us.:'(
I hate losing to those RATS.:rolleyes: Both Selwoods are /:;;()$. Our players were brave, no doubt.Mitch gets roughed up every week, and very seldom gets a free.

Somje observations from afar:

1: Congratulation to the posters on this board. Honorable in defeat, and discussing the quality of the game, whereas on the cats board it's all bout those Hawthorn snipers etc.

2: I wouldn't be surprised if Birch is on the table come trade time. His turn overs tonight were very costly.

3: Howe played a good game for jis first final.

4: Thought the umpires tonight were OK, except for the difference in their interpretation of what constitutes a high tackle.

5: If Cyril had have been paid the in the back free in the last we could hve won.

6: Looking forward to putting the dogs back in their kennels next week. Sorry Bev, but it has to be done.

7: However, mainly looking forward to the pussy rematch on October,1.

Stiff.

Umpiring wasn't the issue. That rushed behind first quarter should've been deliberate so there ya go.

You're better suited to playing Sydney anyway so hopefully it'll be a gf rematch. 100k crowd. Footy needs it.

Agreed. A few questionable calls (and no calls) went both ways. Unfortunately this often gets overlooked in the wash up.

How I wish we could somehow get Roughy back.

We would be virtually certainties to 4peat with him in the side. Nights like this make me miss the big fella more :'(

Get well soon. Hopefully he has some wise words for the boys next week.

Absolute classic. Would have been revenge for the Hawkins after the siren but Smith must have had tired legs in the end. At least fatty boy Hawkins doesn't have to run 15km a night.

Can't fault the boys. We are undermanned and we fought valiantly. Didn't get the rub of the green but I thought the umpiring was pretty good. Shit Poppy gets unlucky with the high tackles though. The Enright on Cyril looked like a forearm nudge but I might have to look at that. Regardless it's ******* pointless excersise. We lost. Suck it up.

Re-load, beat the Povvo Doggies and Smash whoevers next. Flag is still ours for the taking.
Bullshit - the umpires ****ing cheated like I have never seen before. It needs to be called what it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back