Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Fox, despite Lyon bagging Scott 🙄 he had to concede, in the first half Geelong had 18 CP, our best Q1 in 2020. Sadly, it was not reflected on our Scoreboard.
We played on 38% of the time on our Back Half, playing quickly, but our highest % in 2020.

Henry's big moment (in amongst a very good game), Gazza's 2x third quarter lifters and Kolo holding Cameron to zero influence for the last three quarters were all huge. Parfitt, Duncan and Guthrie had great finals. Stewart had a second consecutive AA performance in a knockout final. Danger and Hawkins despite butchering some moments, were massive at others. Stanley in ruck has made such a huge difference to this side and Blicavs owns the big finals moments now. Miers bounced back after tough first half blunders, Menegola too. Touhy nailed the goal he had to after missing the tougher previous one. Simpson has hade huge moments in finals as a youngster. Duncan dominated for a second game straight when he had to. Rohan had the bit between his teeth.

It was a performance of redemption, intensity and skill from our boys tonight. Goal kicking aside, this was the best Geelong performance in a big game in 9 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats guys and girls. Can’t say I am not gutted but the better team won. All the best next weekend 👍🏻
Cheers. You guys will be in it up to your eyeballs next year and I don't think I want to be on the end of it when you are - a great team that's going places that's for sure!

Have to say the Lions fans, Fagan and players are pretty likeable. If we can win it next week, happy for them to win it next year.
They are a likeable group. They're also a good team to watch with some really talented and exciting players. Not where we were just yet, but it's now two good years at the top of the ladder, and this one offering the prospect of a home GF, which they haven't converted into a premiership attempt. It's just likely been a matter of experience and I'm sure they'll grow from it.

Fagan is a champion bloke, no doubt he'll win a flag with that club and unless it's against us, I'll be barracking for them.
Class.

They are playing for him.
Brissy need a decent Tall forward IMO.
They have almost everything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back