Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Classy by Mitch Robinson.

I have needed a good Avitar thank you

Absolutely he is, just a nice guy I reckon

I enjoyed watching Scott's presser tonight - looked relaxed but focused, knowing that the job wasn't done. He wasn't cocky or arrogant with his approach or answers, didn't see the dismissive Scott that we've seen on past occasions either
I loved his presser, almost like it was a sense of relief and getting the chance to win a flag and shut all the 2011 haters up
He actually spoke about a few things when he would normally put some riddle into it

Poor Mitch was unsighted.

So to speak :D

How gracious + amazing are the Lions’ fans?

Is it appropriate for us to visit their Board?

IIRC, it’s years since oppo teams were so courteous + generous.

Parfitts first quarter was bloody brilliant. I’ve always rated him, not sure how others haven’t. He’s a hard nut with class.

I had him BOG.
I think that opinion that others have on Parfitt is because he's not a natural big disposal winner, he won't be a 30 touches week in week out type, HOWEVER he's the perfect balance to our team. He's hard and tough in tight, he sacrifices his game to negate the opposition and although he does have a tendency to hold onto the ball a bit too long at times he's usually a very sound decision maker and user of the ball.
IMO he's fast becoming a genuine star of the team, in the same mold of a Joel Corey type, no nonsense, hard and tough and willing to do absolutely any role the team requires of him even to the detriment of his own game.

I hope Jeremy Cameron saw that tonight!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad points. Hendo giving away 50 just outside the arc. That's literally the only really bad decision any of the Geelong players made for the entire game. Loving the game plan. Defense focused with the chip game maintaining control till HB then launching it faster than we did early in the season. Stoppage work outstanding. It's almost a shame Hawkins is a forward... he would be a dominant main ruck.. combined with his field kicking and marking? can we clone him? There was no B team -other than Miers early everyone looked all Australian today. I'd probably give Blic's the votes for his work in the first half. Could make reasoned arguments for half the team getting the award tho, it was such a balanced performance. We couldn't ask for a better lead in to a grand final, Other than Selwood I don't think anyone is carrying anything major.. form and confidence are through the roof.... Can't wait for the match! Go Catters!!

Powerful performance by our boys to overcome the home team / crowd and diabolical umpiring. Just the seven frees for the night and the umps doing their utmost to get the Lions into the game with some unbelievably poor calls against.

The 50m against Miers in the last quarter was just an example. Miers simply didn't go over the mark, he just manned it enthusiastically and the ump pulled the free out of his arse to try and give the home team a bit of impetus. Same with Lachie Neale just prior, who was gifted a goal. He was caught cold by two Cats but was given a push in the back decision when Kolo actually rolled to his side (not in his back).

Hopefully we can get the job done next week against the Tigs. We are back in form and should give a good account of ourselves. Just hope we get a fair go from the umps as that was a disgrace.

Also.. Sam Simpsons play rrreeaalllyy reminds me of Sam Mitchell.

whats it been now? 2 hours? still on a complete high. huge win & so relived to be in another f*n granny

This is me, also. Was going to have an early night but just keep having “one more” celebratory drink. Was such a great performance. Glad to see the thread has turned to talking up Parfitt. A bit maligned on this board at times - I think because people were waiting for him to properly develop. I have him as just about our best finals performer thus far. Has been consistently hard, tough, has tackled fiercely and got his own ball. He’s mangled a few kicks but I have always loved his vision through traffic. He gets caught sometimes but more often than not he can slow time down and get through. I think he can be a great player and he’s shaped up as a real surprise star in these finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back