Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Club should do something a little extra for those members who didn't cash in.
I've said it all season- even if it was a decent discount on merchandise or a discount on seats or something next year.
I know Cookie said he was grateful to the members for sticking fat, but would be an extra incentive for membership PR next year.
Many families and pensioners did not cash in and this GF effort should be for them.
Gaz should send a lock of his hair to every supporter ;)

Just think: Hawks supporters are going to be barracking for the Tigers to win a third flag next week. That's the 2020 equivalent of barracking for the Nazis to conquer Europe ffs. Not that I'm surprised that Hawks supporters are pro-Nazi. Smdh at the state of that fanbase.
I think 80% (ha!) of the other 16 team's supporters will behind us.

Gary Rohan's best finals performance?

Glad he went back and kicked his 3rd after the siren, keep that momentum going into next week

3 goals but Payne gave him bath at times

I can’t believe it! We are actually going to a Grand Final! I’ve lost my voice! Great effort from so many. Bring on next week! GO CATS!!!!

Ps. Standing across from The Pineapple Hotel just now here in Brisbane. Quite a few cheeky Cars playing Geelong theme loud as possible over the speakers! And one mob with a loudspeaker yelling out about the free kick count etc. Quality laughs :D

There was a moment when he was roughing up some Brisbane player and all I could think was "oh no, here comes the jumper punch..."

I bet Michael Christian will be magnifying that footage and reviewing it frame by frame to try and find something to suspend Tommy for.

Just think: Hawks supporters are going to be barracking for the Tigers to win a third flag next week. That's the 2020 equivalent of barracking for the Nazis to conquer Europe ffs. Not that I'm surprised that Hawks supporters are pro-Nazi. Smdh at the state of that fanbase.
I have a message for Whork supporters. F _ _ _ THEM. F_ _ _ ALL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Harry Taylor's celebrations when we win a final lol

40 points, no one played a blinder/carried the team, we torched most of our opportunities, (hate to go there, but) umps were rough in the first half. This was ugly and frustrating but in the end was a comprehensive tactical win.

Gary Rohan's best finals performance?

Glad he went back and kicked his 3rd after the siren, keep that momentum going into next week

Finals against Geelong do not count! He torched us in 2016.

Tim Kelly says hello

Good on Joel Selwood for acknowledging the great losses to football this week. I played many games against Ron Best- probably the best player in history not to play AFL/VFL football - a truly great footballer. Vale Ron and thank you Joel for recognizing the greater game and not just tonight's result.

Please for the good of football and decency beat Richmond next week. Go Cats.
I'm a Bendigo boy and I missed that news. So sad

I just wanted to profess my undying love for this club.

I loved how we did it as a team effort. There were a lot of telling moments, and we stood up at most of them. Loved how Gryan buggered a few chances, but then slotted the crucial goal when he needed to.

I offer a full apology to Hendo. I thought he was just making up the numbers and had been a bit shaky in the high pressure games in the last few years, but he has been absolutely huge in this finals series and I’m so happy for him. A great lesson to keep at it and keep your standards high no matter what your age.

Just so much love in the air tonight. I love this club.

I love Harry Taylor's celebrations when we win a final lol

Only difference from 2016 is the run was about 100m shorter

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back