Preview Geelong V Gold Coast Sat Aug 13 2022 4:35 pm at Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club injury report:

• Scans revealed no injury to Danger, completed running session this morning, availability for Suns to be decided later in the week
  • Selwood and Blicavs will return
  • Rohan a test
Wonder whether they scanned the shoulder or calf.

Not sure if I am remembering correctly but we usually struggle a bit at metricon against them?
Anyway with 2 weeks left and a pre finals bye I wouldn't be resting anyone who doesn't need it. Time for the match committee to make the call on who is in our finals 22.
We've won 4 of the 6 games at the venue.

O/k don't for the life of me know where I got the 30% from what's his playing status for this week any idea?
He should be right to play at VFL level..

Club injury report:

• Scans revealed no injury to Danger, completed running session this morning, availability for Suns to be decided later in the week
  • Selwood and Blicavs will return
  • Rohan a test
If Danger pulls up OK through training this week, I think he plays up here on the weekend. Doesn't need to miss more footy unless there is a genuine ongoing concern. Also gets him to 300 at the Cattery next weekend. So I'll go:

IN: Danger, Selwood, Blitz, Rohan
OUT: Dahl, Smith (managed), MOC (managed), Duncan (managed)
SUB: Smith

If they get through this coming weekend unscathed, I'd then be basically looking to play your first-choice team for the clash against the Weagles, with a week off into the QF. And the names who end up missing that QF will be some of the unluckiest players I can remember in all my years of following the club.

In the end, we're in great shape if our availability holds up here. You could genuinely have not one player on the injury list who's realistically being considered for the best 22. And a number of players on the cusp who are absolutely worthy of having a role in the team.

OWAAT.

Last edited:
Yep I'm expecting Duncan to get rested this week.

Players like Smith who have elite fitness not so much.
Isaac spent plenty of time on the forward line last weekend. Would have thought that has managed his loads to some degree already. So I agree that Mitch misses completely and the #7 is the medi-sub this time around.

Sneaky chance for a debut this week I'm hearing.

Ceglar unavailable due to concussion
Cats keen to trial 2 ruckman before finals
Sav out of form and only playing CHB in VFL
Blicavs might get another week

Do the math

Conway doesnt have the tank for afl yet in the scenario you are suggesting they would pick neale as the 2nd ruck.

. His rest will be the bye week imo
Thats the thing - everyone will be rested that week. Mentioned before, but anyone rested this week faces 6 weeks playing only two matches and then being expected to be up for a cut-throat prelim final.

Time for rests are over

People have been predicting that Smith will be rested for the past 4-5 weeks.

It hasn't happened, but that hasn't deterred people from continuing to predict it. Maybe they'll get lucky eventually.

To be fair smith is 33 and has played every game. Suggesting a rest for him isnt exactly out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sneaky chance for a debut this week I'm hearing.

Ceglar unavailable due to concussion
Cats keen to trial 2 ruckman before finals
Sav out of form and only playing CHB in VFL
Blicavs might get another week

Do the math
I don’t buy into the idea they want to play 2 rucks.
They had a chance to do it against the Saints and didn’t.
Maybe it was part of their thinking at some stage. I’m not sure it is now though.

I don’t buy into the idea they want to play 2 rucks.
They had a chance to do it against the Saints and didn’t.
Maybe it was part of their thinking at some stage. I’m not sure it is now though.

It’s too late to trial something that we haven’t all season now. Would be madness to try it in finals after finishing on top with our current ruck set up.

To be fair smith is 33 and has played every game. Suggesting a rest for him isnt exactly out there.
Sure. But still, as I said, people have been predicting it with complete confidence for several weeks. We'll see if it happens.

I think he's a really important player for the team, not just his ability to run and break lines (and kick goals) but also as an onfield general. As at least one commentator (can't remember who) said, he's like a playing assistant coach.

Thats the thing - everyone will be rested that week. Mentioned before, but anyone rested this week faces 6 weeks playing only two matches and then being expected to be up for a cut-throat prelim final.

Time for rests are over
Yep time to be picking your very best team and that way lighten the load over the complete side.

We're rucking Willis?
Friend Conversation GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back