Unofficial Preview Geelong V GoldCoast Rd 11 at Metricon Sat Jun2 @4:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Black go out? He was very solid

I thought so too...not sure why Black is being targeted. Deserves another run IMO...

I thought Murdoch was ok too....but its par for the course to have him replaced each week....

On 360 they replayed a bit of Scott being interviewed slipped up and something to the effect Smith and/or Stanley maybe traded.

Personally, I thought we saw a good version of Smith earlier this year. Not sure id give up on him.

On 360 they replayed a bit of Scott being interviewed slipped up and something to the effect Smith and/or Stanley maybe traded.

Personally, I thought we saw a good version of Smith earlier this year. Not sure id give up on him.

Yeah, he said something like:

"Playing for a spot on the list" instead of "Playing for a spot on the team" - he quickly corrected himself.

I thought so too...not sure why Black is being targeted. Deserves another run IMO...

I thought Murdoch was ok too....but its par for the course to have him replaced each week....

First possession was a bit rough, but after that I thought he combined well in the backline. Probably deserves another chance. Especially with Harry out.

Smith is the better tap ruck for sure, but he's a liability around the ground. Can't take a contested mark to save his life and has no presence up forward or around the ground. Rucks these days need to at least be competitive and offer something around the ground. He needs to get some mongrel in him and use his size to advantage, yet he never does. When you're continuing to get dropped for a potato like Stanley, it's a sure sign he has some serious limitations. I reckon Abbott gets a crack, and why not? Give him a few games and lets see what he's got.
How many of our players could you say have 'mongrel'.?

That isn't a term I would associate with too many Cats players overall.

Not just now, also in the past but if you look closely @ our most recent flags we had at least a couple that were capable of flicking that switch.

On this game, we win.

How many of our players could you say have 'mongrel'.?

That isn't a term I would associate with too many Cats players overall.

Not just now, also in the past but if you look closely @ our most recent flags we had at least a couple that were capable of flicking that switch.

On this game, we win.
Tommy stewart and Joel are the only 2 that come to mind

And he is a defender.

He ain't going out this week bar an injury.....and he would then be replaced with another defender.
But is he really a defender.? In 2 minds about that, recycled Nth fwd and also tried fwd for us last year.

Maybe 'just a class above' VFL player.

Tommy stewart and Joel are the only 2 that come to mind

Joel doesn't have the mongrel, he's the selfless team player. Tom Stewart may have some of that & I love him for it.

I wonder if Smith is carrying an injury (shoulder, back or knee soreness) that can limit confidence in the ruck or attacking the ball in general and limit his fitness. This could be why he has been plonked deep forward in VFL.
He certainly could be.... And if he is the club won't tell us anything...

Black was ok for a guy that hasn't played defence much. But I don't see the possibility of him ever being more than a c-grader. He came in and did a job against poor opposition but House seems to be in the bests every time he plays in the vfl and O'Connor has been in the bests the last 2 weeks down back. That's 2 guys who are younger with much higher ceilings on their ability who are likely to give comparable performances to Black. I'd be disappointed if either of them were kept out by black this week.

But is he really a defender.? In 2 minds about that, recycled Nth fwd and also tried fwd for us last year.

Maybe 'just a class above' VFL player.

Joel doesn't have the mongrel, he's the selfless team player. Tom Stewart may have some of that & I love him for it.
Joel doesn’t have mongrel???......yeah he does. Unless you have a vet barrow view of what mongrel is, how else would you explain all those battle scars?
His mongrel for the contest is UNMATCHED.

Or do you think “mongrel’ only pertains to having a crack at your opponent ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel doesn’t have mongrel???......yeah he does. Unless you have a vet barrow view of what mongrel is, how else would you explain all those battle scars?
His mongrel for the contest is UNMATCHED.

Or do you think “mongrel’ only pertains to having a crack at your opponent ...
I don't know what a vet barrow view is.

We have different opinions here. Sel does all the tough things associated but he plays fair.

Others do whatever it takes regardless and are lauded for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back