Unofficial Preview Geelong V GoldCoast Rd 11 at Metricon Sat Jun2 @4:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t make a habit of watching Gold Coast, but their side looks ok on paper, better than Carlton at least. Similar to Essendon. However, they are rocking an extremely mediocre midfield, if Geelong tweaks the midfield mix and gets reasonable games from Dangerfield, Kelly, Selwood, Ablett, Parfitt and Duncan, we should be far far too classy and win comfortably.

This nonsense with the midfield losing to much inferior opponents stops this week.

Their team looks awful on paper. Next to nothing in the middle and no depth to the team.

They just omitted their highest winning clearance player in Atkins. They have Ainsworth (ave 14 disposals a game) as a follower, I guess they'll put Brodie there for the game. With Rosa is out they have Ah Chee on the wing averaging 14 disposals a game. Rischitelli is averaging 12 disposal a game. Holman, Joyce and Sexton are plodders. Henron and Ballard are still 18 years old. Not too worried about Bowes either. Its like looking at a sea of T.Hunts.

They have a good spine though, a decent group of outside players named in defense and we have Stanley as our ruck. But it is too much being left for too few.

You are concerned about this week
With
Menegola Hawkins Parfitt
McCarthy Buzza Fogarty

I reckon that forward line will work incredibly hard to keep the ball there
At last we have some chase and tackle skill there
We also have Cocky and S.Selwood closing in on a return
Very happy

In my view, after 10 mins it will be Geelong 30, GC 6

F2G has concerns over Wylie's AFL credential, but at least he'll be pounding the back of Steven May or Thompson and allowing the ball to hit the ground where we have scouting tougher smalls to do the trick
Get the mids operational this week and we should have a good win

Love your spirit and attitude.

Not the biggest buzza fan myself, I am Ratugoleas original biggest fan from his first pre season game this year.

All buzza needs to do is just make a contest. If he can kick 2 goals then it’s a good effort and support.

Return of the **** is not far away!! Get excited

Reckon this might be one of those danger games for us. Little uneasy about it.

Spoke with my friend down at the club who didn’t want to give much away but at the same time mentioned a few players and the clubs internal thoughts.

Said that they are disappointed in James parsons; they where hoping he would take another step forward with his footy and he hasn’t.

Cockatoo: said they had massive hopes internally for him this season and where very excited with his fitness and pre season leading to Christmas. They where absolutely gutted when he got injured, they all rate him as a future star down among the club. They had him pinned for big things this year.

Brandan Parfitt: they are not surprised the slightest by his performances, they knew from day one how good he would become.

That in general there are a lot of things internally within the coaching group they are very unhappy about; but wouldn’t go into details about what saying they are quite difficult problems to fix up overnight, but confident we can get things right by finals.

That is all

Does your mate at the club have the same grammar skills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are concerned about this week
With
Menegola Hawkins Parfitt
McCarthy Buzza Fogarty

I reckon that forward line will work incredibly hard to keep the ball there
At last we have some chase and tackle skill there
We also have Cocky and S.Selwood closing in on a return
Very happy

In my view, after 10 mins it will be Geelong 30, GC 6

F2G has concerns over Wylie's AFL credential, but at least he'll be pounding the back of Steven May or Thompson and allowing the ball to hit the ground where we have scouting tougher smalls to do the trick
Get the mids operational this week and we should have a good win

Hopefully someone knocks May over before he knocks one of ours.

Love your spirit and attitude.

Not the biggest buzza fan myself, I am Ratugoleas original biggest fan from his first pre season game this year.

All buzza needs to do is just make a contest. If he can kick 2 goals then it’s a good effort and support.

Return of the **** is not far away!! Get excited
If he makes a contest it will be the best we've had from a big (Sav excluded) in the entire season
Return of the ****, the Scoot, The Ham provider, The full back, the best goal scorer,
I'm so excited I could bust
If we can come out ok pre bye, i reckon we will finish the season with a bang
And if Sav returns for the end of the season, the feel here will be pretty special

By round 20

Bews Hendo Stewart
Tuohy Taylor Henry
Kelly S.Selwood Duncan
Ablett Hawkins McCarthy
Menzel Ratagolea Cockatoo
Ruckman who finally stands up Dangerfield Selwood
Fogarty Blicavs Menegola Parfitt

Emer: Kolo Murdoch C.Guthrie (who wants more money) Crameri

The town won't only have Neons of GAJ, but the entire team

How about if someone like a Narkle really stands up too.

Their team looks awful on paper. Next to nothing in the middle and no depth to the team.

They just omitted their highest winning clearance player in Atkins. They have Ainsworth (ave 14 disposals a game) as a follower, I guess they'll put Brodie there for the game. With Rosa is out they have Ah Chee on the wing averaging 14 disposals a game. Rischitelli is averaging 12 disposal a game. Holman, Joyce and Sexton are plodders. Henron and Ballard are still 18 years old. Not too worried about Bowes either. Its like looking at a sea of T.Hunts.

They have a good spine though, a decent group of outside players named in defense and we have Stanley as our ruck. But it is too much being left for too few.

Try again aha.

Hopefully someone knocks May over before he knocks one of ours.

Liked Danger's comments about going to Metricon and seeing if Lynch wants to become a cat. And that Sloane loves surfing and is coming to Geelong.
Brilliant
When he goes forward and throws May off the Hawkins scent, Hawk will get dangerous

Those who wanted us to try a Richmond-esque forward structure should be happy this week.

Parfitt, Jones, Fog, Linc gives us four small forwards. I can't even imagine when we last played that many in the same side.

I can't even imagine when we last had that many small forwards available!

Last edited:
Ablett will get pushed around like he did last week and the week before and go into his shell. Not one teammate will remonstrate or offer protection and he'll roll over and take it.

This is a major issue for us at the moment. We're playing with no spirit and we're not physical enough. We need to be ruthless and we need players with mongrel.
I reckon Fogarty and McCarthy might have a dig. They've got a bit of terrier in them.

The only seats left are $65

What a joke. They cop shit for it sometimes, but GWS 100% have the right idea with giving out cheap and free tickets to local schools and 3 game memberships to new citizens. Expansion teams that exist to grow interest and develop a following in a non football area should be doing everything they can to keep barriers to entry low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a joke. They cop shit for it sometimes, but GWS 100% have the right idea with giving out cheap and free tickets to local schools and 3 game memberships to new citizens. Expansion teams that exist to grow interest and develop a following in a non football area should be doing everything they can to keep barriers to entry low.
Just on that, my brother tried out the $26 GA tickets. It said this option is exhausted but when he selected two tickets in took him to the payments page and processed his payment and delivered 2 tickets. Looks like I'm going afterall.

Yeah, it's atrocious. I've been up for a few games. It's a nice enough stadium but it's pricey.

Is the GABBA the same? Maybe Stadiums QLD take a chunk of the price?

Yeah, it's atrocious. I've been up for a few games. It's a nice enough stadium but it's pricey.

I have heard the GABBA is overpriced, but I always just figured that was a consequence of the conservative/huffy management that reserve having any footy happening in the first place. Not like Metricon has a rich cricket heritage to fall back on.

At TICKETEK plenty of $35 tickets available right now, sections 207-1, 208-1, ...

This is a ‘make a statement’ game. I will place significant weight on our performance here.
As long as we make the statement this year that following 3 ordinary games we had 2 wins and then continued our march, that will be a statement enough. Still short of players, but hopefully enough in the spirit tank to take the class over the line

Just on that, my brother tried out the $26 GA tickets. It said this option is exhausted but when he selected two tickets in took him to the payments page and processed his payment and delivered 2 tickets. Looks like I'm going afterall.
Now we're doomed. I remember you telling us we lose when your brother attends ;)

Now we're doomed. I remember you telling us we lose when your brother attends ;)
Except whenever we go to a QLD game together we win. Remember that Brisbane game a few year ago when Hawkins kicked 6 goals in the teaming rain? Well you can see us both on the replay after Selwood snapped his goal ... we're virtually the only ones left in the outer and we were drenched. We were sitting directly behind the middle of the goals on the fence. And also that game where Jonathon Brown stepped on Egan's foot in 2007. If I remember correctly it was the same game Boris was running around without any shorts.

And also that game where Jonathon Brown stepped on Egan's foot in 2007. If I remember correctly it was the same game Boris was running around without any shorts.

Correct.

The real concern this time is whether the team will collectively have their pants pulled down yet again up here.

Last edited:

Some very insightful analysis there, Lana. And plenty of reasons to see why the Suns should struggle.

You just forgot one thing (apart from Jarryd Lyons' name).

We are Geelong.

The club where all rational football analysis goes to die.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back