Unofficial Preview Geelong V GoldCoast Rd 11 at Metricon Sat Jun2 @4:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee wiz you're going into this with a positive attitude...not. Suns have been terrible lately so surely you have to have some optimism going into this one?

That's what everyone was saying about the Dons before they made us look fourth-rate a couple of weeks ago.

If you'd actually been at Metricon to witness our last two 'efforts' against this mob up here, you would understand why some of us have very little confidence that we will turn up ready to play.

Really hope I'm wrong. But surely the Suns are all out from the first bounce. And if we don't bring some intensity to match, the lack of experience on the forward line will truly be the least of our worries.

Gee wiz you're going into this with a positive attitude...not. Suns have been terrible lately so surely you have to have some optimism going into this one?
Lately the oppositions form line means nothing when we play them. If anything we should be more worried about shit teams.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton had been terrible. After the first 10 minutes we were outplayed and on our home deck. Being interstate and against a talented opponent I'm pretty much resigned to a loss here too.

It's not that we can't play better but geez we are just very stale and unconvincing at the moment.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I still rate Smith higher than Stanley, he's just horribly out of form.

And he needs to find some aggro. Someone needs to burn his bible before the match to fire him up.
Make sure it is blamed on an opposition ruckman, throw some fake evidence around, like his jumper on the floor near the fire!:devil:

It's not necessarily who he's leaving out, it's who he's keeping in; Stanley isnt a ruck, so once again, we'll lose the clearances. It's interesting that when Stanley goes back to the VFL he plays as a forward and does well, then comes back into the AFL team to play as an ineffective ruck. With Smith and Abbott our only two real ruck options, keeping them out of the team
is counter-productive at this point. Blicavs in defense...well...i'm sick of repeating myself at this point.

And Murdoch must have something on Scott because i cant fathom another reason for his continued inclusion.

Why drop Crameri? He has contributed well since being brought in and without Menzel he provides a genuine mid size threat.

A defense isnt going to show Buzza any respect as a second tall, and our ball use going inside 50 is terrible, so they'll just triple team Hawkins, and when we bomb it on top of his head they'll rebound out of defense with speed. We need that mid size option who can make a play when the ball is in the air or on the ground to make the defense accountable, Buzza isnt that. Infact as far as i can see, the trend in the AFL is to play without a second tall forward. With Linc, Parfitt, Gregson, Fogarty, Crameri fit, and Menzel and Cockatoo to come in we shouldnt need to play a second tall really. Sav's injury should have been the opportunity to play a smaller, faster, better tackling forward line that can stop the oppositions easy run out of our forward line. Not just trying more of the same.

Nah i dont live on the GC, just what i know from watching their list for fantasy purposes. Dew was on 360 last night talking them up, it's their first game back at Metricon for the year, and they've got a list of good in's; screams danger game for me, especially given how we've fronted up the last couple of weeks.

I would like to reply to this point by point but please feel free to correct me @ any stage -

#1 Stanley staying in - Mobile and has reach, Smith has the body & obviously isn't doing what else is required. Abbott, have NFI because I haven't seen him live. If you watch the majority of games, the hitout to advantage is most important.

#2 Blitz in defence, what is your argument there.? I may have missed something but Blitz has been very good this season.

#3 Murda.. If any of our players deserve so many divided supporters on worth, it should be Jordan Murdoch but he does have certain attributes that would keep him in.

#4 Not gonna say anything about Crameri that I haven't said b4.

#5 Buzz. Important without Sav.

Gold Coast by 10 goals

Buzza isnt AFL standard - allways dissappointed when he is in the team

Fogarty 1st up for 3 weeks after a groin injury - that is a big ask - considering there is another small forward with only 1 game to his credit in the team

The Carlton game last week - i only watched the last qtr - but Dangerfield ( absolute champion worth every penny ) his attack on the ball - which has got nothing to do with ability - it was just the intensity he put at every contest - that should be shown to every Geel player - rather than the half aarsed efforts you get

The Cats wont give a whimper - it will be over midway through the 2nd qtr - and it will be hit the delete button like the Ess game

After the first 10 minutes we were outplayed and on our home deck.
Nonsense. They clogged it up to avoid a thrashing.
They didn't outplay us, that utter crud isn't capable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im expecting Ablett to explode in this game, he will have a point to prove after all the shit he copped from Suns fans even though they got the best years of him. No respect for the GOAT at all.
Ablett will get pushed around like he did last week and the week before and go into his shell. Not one teammate will remonstrate or offer protection and he'll roll over and take it.

This is a major issue for us at the moment. We're playing with no spirit and we're not physical enough. We need to be ruthless and we need players with mongrel.

Nonsense. They clogged it up to avoid a thrashing.
They didn't outplay us, that utter crud isn't capable.
They did but either way was even from that point and probably shouldn't have been. Nor should they have rattled off 6 or 7 scoring shots in a row against us. We're playing like shit but are (hopefully capable of better). Come out the same against GC and they will comfortably handle us.

I just hope Nakia makes it home safely
I'm not venturing there now. I've decided the cost of the ticket isn't worth watching our current style of play. $50 for a seat is twilight robbery.

They did but either way was even from that point and probably shouldn't have been. Nor should they have rattled off 6 or 7 scoring shots in a row against us. We're playing like shit but are (hopefully capable of better). Come out the same against GC and they will comfortably handle us.

Lots of low quality shots and rushed behinds. We're playing defensive to protect a young back 6.

Ablett will get pushed around like he did last week and the week before and go into his shell. Not one teammate will remonstrate or offer protection and he'll roll over and take it.

This is a major issue for us at the moment. We're playing with no spirit and we're not physical enough. We need to be ruthless and we need players with mongrel.
Somebody used the word ‘mongrel’ earlier.
We have less mongrel than a Chinese dog pound atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back