Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Mon April 18 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like with all interceptors, its the midfielders that beat them. You just need to get quality ball i50 to keep them accountable. If you really need to quell his influence, maybe try Blicavs? Can't really expect a debutant to have the answers.
The positioning is actually very different when you look at it.

The forward positions himself for the ball to be kicked to his advantage once the side spreads from the contest, where as the intercept defender positions himself for the long high bomb sitting off behind the forward a bit.. so it really does come down to the midfield battle as to who is going to come out on top of that cat n mouse game

24 what exactly..?

He must have been drafted when he was about 13 then.

24 what exactly..?

Some players age quicker than others, in Caddy's case he's remarkably aged 5 years in the space of two postings but in all seriousness the Cats ended up with great deal with Caddy going to Tigers and we drafting Parfitt whom I've been big fan from the get go and thankfully we're now finally seeing his gritty, allusive and never-say-die talents come to fruition, if only he could allivate his kicking including penatration he could end up elite. 👍

From Richmond AFL website - Josh CADDY - MIDFIELDER - 29 - 186cm - 87kg
Sorry.... dam fingers... 29 years of age I ment

Nice to see Brad Close on Ling's podcast (though as usual Scott 'Typo' Gullan wasted half the time with his idea of humour). Close came across as a very sensible young fellow.

I'd love to see Nick Stevens and/or Cooper S play on Monday but I doubt very much it will happen - maybe in the next month though.

Sav is not needed this week; and incidentally I don't think Danger is a selector so perhaps he should keep those opinions to himself.

Kolo will not get a rest yet.
In reality, Friday to Monday week is a lengthy break.
It's the week after I suspect there will be a few "manageds".

I know. It was an attempt at humour - as in I now concede he’ll never get dropped so him being rested is my only chance to see him out.

I know. It was an attempt at humour - as in I now concede he’ll never get dropped so him being rested is my only chance to see him out.
only chance of that one happening is if we come up against a short forward line and they opt with Zuthrie instead... as we cannot afford to drop more height in our defence at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the idea. Definitely stealing ;)

only chance of that one happening is if we come up against a short forward line and they opt with Zuthrie instead... as we cannot afford to drop more height in our defence at the moment.

Sorry but don’t agree. With Stewart back, we would have De Koning, Blicavs, Henry and O’Connor in addition to Stewart who all can play tall or med/tall. If anything we can afford to play one less tall defender in preference to another midfielder. Or some other position.

Let me guess - Outs - Parfitt (rest), Narkle (rest)
Nobody likely needs a rest this week unless a new injury- we have a 10 day break- I get you're picking on his biases there, but maybe there will be no rests at all this week.

Nobody likely needs a rest this week unless a new injury- we have a 10 day break- I get you're picking on his biases there, but maybe there will be no rests at all this week.
With the hawks forward line, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stanley rested and a Blicavs to ruck a full game and run Reeves absolutely ragged

Sorry but don’t agree. With Stewart back, we would have De Koning, Blicavs, Henry and O’Connor in addition to Stewart who all can play tall or med/tall. If anything we can afford to play one less tall defender in preference to another midfielder. Or some other position.
I thought the form of blitz as the second ruck was outstanding. Id like to see him continue in the role if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back