Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Mon April 18 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Selwood, Stewart, Ratugolea, Higgins
Out: Narkle (inj)

Selwood, Ratugolea, Tuohy, Kolodjashnij, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Z.Guthrie, Parfitt on I/C

Selwood, Ratugolea, Kolodjashnij and Parfitt to make it. Dahlhaus sub.

Interesting bench. Obviously selwood and parfitt will play and zuthrie wont (as playing vfl tonight). If they dont drop kolo or rest tuohy those 4 might be the bench with higgins or dahl as medisub. I doubt they would want higgins to have no game after concussion so since hes not playing vfl i imagine he is in (either 22 or sub). If sav makes the bench (id leave him out) someone else has to get dropped-interesting selections to come on saturday. My guess is selwood parf kolo higgins with tuohy rested and dahl sub but i have no idea.

Whoever it was who predicted Tuohy would be rested could be about to receive a meat tray judging by his appearance on the extended bench. :think:

Yeah leaning towards that.

After all the conjecture during the week, I hope we hit Hawkins on a lead a lot on Monday, as we all know he's going to get crucified by the umps if he's involved in a 1v1 physical contest.

Important for structure indeed - this is more coach-speak that we've all happily imbibed ever since Parkin started going on about talls and smalls. Yes you need a balance but the bloke still has to be able to get a kick, just as so-called role players do.

If Sav deserves to be in the team on form then play him. If not I'd prefer to see Neale get a chance.

Given Scott's reluctance to play young fellows - yes yes yes I've heard of Holmes and DEK, I really have: you have to look at the big picture - it's hard to think he'd play a skinny 18yo rookie; but personally I'd' love to Ollie Dempsey get a game on Monday. The G should suit him at this stage.

Im very excited about Ollie too, but no space for small forwards right now, and my understanding is he doesn't have the tank to run out a full AFL match yet. One to watch in 2023, has probably displayed the most X factor of any unblooded player on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The extended bench is confounding.
We know Zuth ain't playing Monday, other than that I'm thinking the other 3 players to miss will come from a combination of the bench & current 22

We were always carrying over a number of players due to Monday's game, so just thinking it won't be a surprise if someone from the starting 18 misses as they likely wouldn't have played VFL even if the final 22 + emergencies was named tonight

After all the conjecture during the week, I hope we hit Hawkins on a lead a lot on Monday, as we all know he's going to get crucified by the umps if he's involved in a 1v1 physical contest.
Hawkins decoy and just kick it to Cameron. He's going to get pinged for everything.

The extended bench is confounding.

Smells 'rest' to me unless they are going to drop a senior player who i dont think they will drop.

To be fair we have a strong 23 and good depth except for ruck (stanley please stay healthy).

Your opinion is far superior than mine
Sorry for the intrusion on your god like abilities
Come on, mate. I'm just trying to make the point that debuting against the Hawks on Easter Monday would be a tough gig. It's not an unreasonable point to make, surely. Despite Max Holmes getting 16 touches and kicking a point in his first game last year.

Come on, mate. I'm just trying to make the point that debuting against the Hawks on Easter Monday would be a tough gig. It's not an unreasonable point to make, surely. Despite Max Holmes getting 16 touches and kicking a point in his first game last year.
Players wouldn’t not become a debutant because of the occasion unless they weren’t ready.
Like 99.9% of people, we want to see a debutant and don’t care when it is. Unless it’s finals.
VFL having a bye next week, we might maybe push selectors to play one of the kids against North

Last edited:
Be good if we see Lewis v De Koning. Two very promising talents paired against one another.

Absolutely - will be a good test for SDK. McStay just had too much experience, though he did some good things last night.

That said, even Lewis has had 40 games compared to 4 and a few extra years to develop. If De Koenig breaks even, that's a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back