Preview Geelong V Melbourne PF 2 Fri Sept 10 750pm @ the WAC OPTUS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with fire in the back half. Zuthrie and Kolo are fumble merchants and although I like Atkins when the ball is on the ground his indecisiveness with ball in hand has been terrible.

Too many points of failure for mine. Unless we can play keepings off better than we have recently Melbourne are going to be far too effective going forward with that setup

Zuthrie is a mystifying selection.

Not saying he is shit, but can't see a winning matchup or role for him anywhere.

We already have 7 defenders though including atkins so how many defenders do you want to carry in case of emg? But i get your point.

Can't have enough defenders apparently.....

Only other explanation is that there's an injury cloud over our backline.

Would've preferred a more attacking player.

Hendo out would not be a disaster. Blicavs on Brown, Henry on McDonald, Kolo on Fritsch if need be (or swap the latter two).

I hope he plays, but Dees tall forwards aren’t exactly Hawk and Jez.

Ugh. Replace a mid with a no impact defender.

If they try to play him in the midfield it will be this years stanley out cause it’s looking like it might rain.

Every time they have tried him as a mid/winger he has been as absolute failure.
Or Chappy in the vest.

Playing with fire in the back half. Zuthrie and Kolo are fumble merchants and although I like Atkins when the ball is on the ground his indecisiveness with ball in hand has been terrible.

Too many points of failure for mine. Unless we can play keepings off better than we have recently Melbourne are going to be far too effective going forward with that setup
It's brittle.

Both less versatile. If a defender goes down we have nothing.
Prudent decision without Stewart in the side.
I think the stigma and outdated views on Zach are being held against him here. That's not Zach's problem but one for individual contributors to this site to correct their dated opinions.

Zuthrie is a mystifying selection.

Not saying he is sh*t, but can't see a winning matchup or role for him anywhere.

Is just ####ing stupid but what else do you come to expect from us most of the time in finals. Simpson in was absolute no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not in melt territory but it’s poor to replace a mid with a defender in a matchup where we need to win the midfield to have any chance.

Zuthrie should have been sub with Simpson/Higgins in the 22.

Terrible selection. Both in terms of postion and in quality.

I think the stigma and outdated views on Zach are being held against him here. That's not Zach's problem but one for individual contributors to this site to correct their dated opinions.
He's a 3rd choice "defender" that got beaten to the punch by a forward pocket who switched positions in the preseason. Hasn't been able to displace a poor player in Kolodjashnij, and this is all in a defence that leaks like a sieve whenever the ball actually gets down there.

What exactly is dated about that? He's had 1 good game playing as a loose man against the team who won the wooden spoon

Meh we are up against it anyway , any melts regarding Zuthrie should keep that in mind
Guarantee this selection is blamed if we lose, despite likely being a negligible reason for it.
But won't get a mention should we win because it is a negligible impact decision.

Like for like then. We just lost a no impact midfielder in Parfitt.

Either way, a defender for a midfielder just doesn't make sense.

We need every little bit we can extract from our midfield to match Melbourne, and we just gave up a little.

Can live with Zuthrie in if it means Hendo is a late out, otherwise replacing Parfitt with Zuthrie is ludicrous, and massively
Advantage Dees

Higgins the sub for me too.

How can you say that

Zac came on at qtr time last week - played ok for next 3 qtrs - so how did that unbalance Geel - it didnt

The emergencies are underwhelming - im happy with Zac

Likewise if one of the 3 small emergencies named - came on last week at qtr time - and played like Zac did - then i would be happy for them to get the nod this week

It is a common sense selection re Zac -- given what occurred last week

I won’t hold my breath on that.

I’m not in melt territory but it’s poor to replace a mid with a defender in a matchup where we need to win the midfield to have any chance.

Zuthrie should have been sub with Simpson/Higgins in the 22.
I dont really have a problem with it when youve got someone the quality of Mitch Duncan to play on the ball.

Back to 8 pure defenders. Ie unbalanced. We always resort to the same method. Would have like to see us be bolder.
It's the same method that saw us finish top 4 and if either/both Stewart or O'Connor were they would be in the side meaning we'd be going in with 8 defenders

Not that surprising we're going in with our regular structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back