Game Day Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting my head ripped off last week when I said we’d get flogged when we played a decent team after the Hawthorn win. Got lucky the last 2 weeks, we are a rabble. Why not try something different now we are 5 goals down nothing to lose?

Enough bumps and the season is over though. Still have to bank enough wins when not at your best to set up a genuine shot at the flag.

No doubt, but we'll be 2-2. Hardly panic stations.

Has anyone watched Richmond and how they've gone about their footy during the first half of a the year? Premierships aren't one in April.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The issue is how we play with what we have. That is all, we understand the injuries etc, but the game plan does not help us with who we have.

The gameplan is thus, because of what we have. We can't go fast, because we have to protect our defence/we have to try and isolate Hawkins as he just gets double-teamed. Against any half decent defence, there is really not much we can do with the players we have missing

So why exactly did we look like a dumpster fire in this exact game last year and go onto make the GF?

If not for a team closing in on GOAT status (Richmond) we'd be back to back premiers.

Just relax mate, it's footy. Enjoy that you've got a team competing year in year out. Games like this will happen.

Comparing last year to this year, you are going to be in for a massive reality check. Attacking football is the way to win this season, and Dour Scotty doesn't know how to set that up.

Is it my imagination or are there way more Dee supporters (based on crowd noise)?
Many Cats fans were screwed by ticketing.
What's the allure of a wet cold game at the G late on a Sunday after a Monday nailbiter with about the worst team on paper we've had for years against the home team that has no weak line?

About time those Demons actually produced.

I just pray one day... Chris Scott will play Blitz one day full time in defence....
I wish Chris Scott can prove me wrong... I honestly do, but the selections and where he plays players sh!T's me to tears....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 games ago was a Grand Final in a shortened season, with shortened matches, where we had teams with older players who could play keepings off for 14 minutes a quarter and didn't have a man on the mark rule.

It was EVIDENT in the preseason that this mark rule would catch us out and literally no changes have been made.

We should be 0-4 after today. We got very lucky V Hawks and Lions.
Totally agree

4 games ago was a Grand Final in a shortened season, with shortened matches, where we had teams with older players who could play keepings off for 14 minutes a quarter and didn't have a man on the mark rule.

It was EVIDENT in the preseason that this mark rule would catch us out and literally no changes have been made.

We should be 0-4 after today. We got very lucky V Hawks and Lions.

You missed the fact that there was a 3 month break between round 1 and 2. That was huge for our fitness, as we were limping into round 1. Without that 3 month break we probably wouldve struggled at the start of the season.

When it comes to beating the benchmark (Richmond) we havent made any significant changes vs them since 2017. Our games against them have been virtual copies of each other, all ending in the same result. We havent made any significant structural changes for years, we are simply hoping that what we do will work. I guess it does if you can ignore being embarrassed in prelim and grand finals.

Gee this board gets putruid with a bad game /loss pretty pathetic melting all things considering

the list isn’t in great shape with key players out and fitness not being there, I wouldn’t be melting hard in round ******* 4 geez
God help us if we ever become a bottom 4 side for a long period. Spoiled brat fan base.
We've had it good for a long long time.

It actually saddens me how fickle so many of you are being now. We have literally no-one to pick from, as our injury list is to such key players.

The only place we haven't been dealt mass injuries, is to our defence - and that's the only place that's holding up.

These are the players missing from our Forward line:

Jeremy Cameron
Ratugolea
Rohan
Danger (to pinch hit)
Evans
Shaun Higgins
Sam Simpson

These are the players missing from our Midfield:

Dangerfield (when not up forward)
Shaun Higgins (extra rotation)
Parfitt
Sam Simpson (extra rotation)
Cooper Stephens (was meant to get a lot of game time this year but had a few injuries)

These are the players who can ruck who haven't been available most of the season:

Fort
Ratugolea

That is a lot of very key players missing, and especially in very key areas of the ground.

Stop f*cking melting when we clearly don't have the cavalry at the moment to play the way we want to - like we did in the back half of last year with measured play then blinding link up chains once we found our spare man.

Wait until we actually have all of our players (or most at least) available, and then make assessments. Some of you just look pathetic with these complete breakdowns and hysterical commentary.

Richmond were in the exact same boat 'til halfway through 2019, but even when all and sundry wrote them off, at least their supporters backed them in - no matter how arrogant they seemed.

It's not all over 4 games into the season. A lot will change from here.

Seriously, grow up.

Fair enough but the players that we have on the ground do not really look like they are running on top of the ground. Maybe its the game style , maybe its the talent available but they really look like a group that knows what they have is short of it and playing in a tempo short of manic ..which is what teams that are short of talent must do to win

Comparing last year to this year, you are going to be in for a massive reality check. Attacking football is the way to win this season, and Dour Scotty doesn't know how to set that up.

They say a broken clock is right twice a day.

It'll go the same way it always does around here. We'll struggle, naysayers everywhere (like yourself) then we'll get on a run and all of the naysayers on this board will conveniently dissapear for a few months.

Then when we get eliminated (Because I hate to break it too you, only 1/18 can win per year) all the naysayers shall return claiming they were right all along.

I genuinely question why some around here follow footy, it's a game. Just enjoy the ups and downs.

DAhl runs across the path of Tomma and drags his defender with him into Tomma's path

WTF

GO catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back