Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for folloiwjg up

Thanks for following up on the Umpire. Yes watching GAS over several years it was a joy and saw him kick 14 at the SCG. Was that where you saw him? The bloke sitting behind me at that game was a local, and barracked for Essendon, but brought his wife to the game just to watch Gary.
You’re welcome 😊

Yes, I saw him at the SCG, my darling Mum was a Sydney supporter.

In 1989, against Richmond.

Also, 14 Goals against Essendon in 1993.

Yum...I mean the Roast Lamb stuff. Your commitment to the Cat's cause is truly inspiring, I've had a bottle of shiraz alone at home watching TV the last two games (wife and son to bed early), including last night and nearly slept in today (had to work). I hereby swear that I too will continue this on GF night...cross my heart and hope to die.
We have to do our bit for the team 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

You obviously know your players a lot better then I but I have to ask, when we have played you Ratugolea has always been dangerous, will he be picked and if not why ?
It’s THAN!

I don't feel like I can enjoy this week and the GF much. Vic is seriously fkd and we are missing all of the build-up and it's just sh*t.

Also why tf am I getting notifications from Richmond flogs in this thread. Gtfo.

I don't feel like I can enjoy this week and the GF much. Vic is seriously fkd and we are missing all of the build-up and it's just sh*t.

Also why tf am I getting notifications from Richmond flogs in this thread. Gtfo.

It does feel more dull than usual. No ballot for tickets, no parade in Melbourne, no planning the day whether you're going or not etc

Brian Cook and Brad Ottens and JSel’s Mum coming up on SEN soon for all those able to listen

I’m liking the reality that Caddy probably won’t play. He and Selwood last few years have been interesting. Caddy seems to be a bit of trash talker. Good for him I guess but hope he misses this one.
Caddy is an arrogant flog. I was at the front of the queue, lined up with a friend’s son, waiting for Selwood to sign his cap. No one queuing for Caddy’s autograph. Caddy said to my little friend that he’d sign his cap. He said no, he wanted Selwood. Caddy asked why he didn’t want a good player’s autograph + said he was better than Selwood. The little guy replied that Caddy wasn’t a good player + Selwood had a long queue, but no one wanted Caddy’s autograph 🤣🤣🤣 Selwood just smiled + spent extra time with him. Had lots of photos with him + gave him a footy ♥️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitt > Caddy as both a footballer and a person, and that's before you consider Narkle who could be a jet.

The way some carried on here when Caddy exited was quite incredible, really. Parfitt showed early on that we weren't really looking likely to lose that deal over time. And he just keeps getting better and better, the longer and longer the club backs him in.

So happy with this deal, both then and now. And hopefully the premiership differential between them is halved after Saturday night as well.

IWWT.

Nankervis going back actually suits us maybe. One of Stanley's best tricks is using his speed to drag the oppo ruckman forward faster than their natural running capacity which gasses them early and takes them out of the game late. That switch he runs where he takes the a hit out and bolts forward leaving Blitz for any follow up tap work is too quick for a traditional ruckman. Nank tries to match him and he's done by half time.
Plus he has to keep a bit in the tank to present us the cup at the end of the game...:p

The way some carried on here when Caddy exited was quite incredible, really. Parfitt showed early on that we weren't really looking likely to lose that deal over time. And he just keeps getting better and better, the longer and longer the club backs him in.

So happy with this deal, both then and now. And hopefully the premiership differential between them is halved after Saturday night as well.

IWWT.
I think a lot of Caddy angst stemmed from the fact we got him out of the Ablett deal.

Any chance Selwood loses the finger brace for this game? He's going alright with it on but it has to be impacting him in some way.
Highly unlikely. Fingers, even dislocations take ages to come good. That injury, at the very least, would destabilise the joint for many weeks. Taking off the splint would also risk re injury and potential inability to see out the game.

Caddy is an arrogant flog. I was at the front of the queue, lined up with a friend’s son, waiting for Selwood to sign his cap. No one queuing for Caddy’s autograph. Caddy said to my little friend that he’d sign his cap. He said no, he wanted Selwood. Caddy asked why he didn’t want a good player’s autograph + said he was better than Selwood. The little guy replied that Caddy wasn’t a good player + Selwood had a long queue, but no one wanted Caddy’s autograph 🤣🤣🤣 Selwood just smiled + spent extra time with him. Had lots of photos with him + gave him a footy ♥️
Lol what a great kid, amazing that he had the guts to actually say that to Caddy’s face

I think a lot of Caddy angst stemmed from the fact we got him out of the Ablett deal.

If I'm understanding you rightly, that's having it both ways, though.

So supporters are really disappointed he didn't turn out to be a better player for us. And then supposedly also burned because he left, leaving us with nothing more than a 'middling' draft pick. Which we have now parlayed into a 10-year midfield lock who looks to be getting better and better.

Couldn't get the angst then. And certainly can't fathom it now.

If I'm understanding you rightly, that's having it both ways, though.

So supporters are really disappointed he didn't turn out to be a better player for us. And then supposedly also burned because he left, leaving us with nothing more than a 'middling' draft pick. Which we have now parlayed into a 10-year midfield lock who looks to be getting better and better.

Couldn't get the angst then. And certainly can't fathom it now.

He was also contracted, if the club wanted to retain him we would have.

I was 11 years old at the '89 grand final and went on to see '92, '94, and '95 live at the G. Each of those years also welcomed the team back to the Town Hall that night. I vowed that I wouldn't go to another grand final live, and have watched '07, '08, 09, '11 on the TV.

Went out into the Geelong CBD after the '07 grand final and I've never seen anything like it. So many people so happy. It was amazing.

Lets hope we do it this year. I'm very nervous about this one!

IWWT.
My thoughts too. I always thought Caddy was lucky to be in Tigers' best 22, and that has been vindicated this year. He was not better than SS, Menegola, Guthrie when we had him, and that's why he took his opportunistic head and body to Tigerland. Lucky for him, 2 flags.

Have you been to a GF before?

Just enjoy the day, it’s the best day ever, especially if we win 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

You’ll be there to see GAJ’s last game! That is HUGE!!!

I’m on my last nerve already 🤣🤣🤣 So I know how you’re feeling. I went to 2011 + it was one of the best days of my life

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙
Go Cats!!!
i was lucky enough to attend 07,09 and 11.
Such great days

For a second I didn't realise Fleer was just in front of another umpire and his ears were stressing me out

I read on another site last night ( not Big Footy ) that the free kicks at half time in the PF were 11-2 Brisbanes way

And in the 2nd qtr he gave most of those shockers - including that Ablett howler

Hopefully he squares the ledger Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back