Game Day Geelong V Richmond at MCG Sun Jul 25 @ 320 pm - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats V Tigers.

The usual shitfight of the week before where they run around all giddy and chest thumpy is just about over.
The usual felonies on the back of the bait and switch that comes with it have been handed out too.
Still seeking respect and a rivalry that will never come. They have won 3 flags yes. .Well done and no respect for it in the process.

And to this game.

Another installment of us playing our home game at their home ground and the sheer denial that goes with it.

With any luck they'll miss the finals just so we can avoid this whole experience again until 2022.

The good news is Brad Close is back in after Higgins developed a sore knee. Narkle still in no mans land.

They will come and come hard. They should. they are undermanned, abused and cranky and if we beat them that is the exact excuse they will have ready. The world is conspiring against them and even the great Dusty is out.

If we play our game they will bring pressure. We must withstand it and bring more to win. Let them dictate that and we will struggle.

Be clean, first to it and take territory to win the game. The possession tempo game has its place and worked well v Freo last week - but the pressure will be different here although the conditions might be the same. Sav must carry on from last week and same with Dahl. Rohan to hit the game running and build into it.
The back 6 and Mids must work together and not get lazy - this is not the time. Given them a sniff and they will run harder. Stop it early.

It should be close and hard - expect nothing different and lets do our best to win... and maybe, just maybe, help them back to their rightful shitmond place as ninthmond.

In other news, the skin treatment programs that they have been undertaking at campaigner Rd has worked - their skin has thickened as now their much loved autocorrect has been removed it appears. Good for them.

GO Catters

ps - just ****ing win.

Last edited:
Feels like the blueprint here should be pretty simple. Win the contest at the clearances and the composure of our ball movement from then on should hold up enough for the win. They're undermanned everywhere. Backline depleted, so Hawkins and Rohan should deliver plenty of scores. Miers could get off the chain. No Dusty also means we probably stick more tackles at the coal face and win more 50/50 contests.
I think we only lose this if Selwood, Danger, Menegola and Guthrie shit the bed and don't deliver intense pressure from the get-go. It needs to be one of those games where the pressure starts at 11. I don't think this one will be a blow out, but we should win. A loss here spells trouble for our form into the finals. 3 to 1 odds from the bookies feels about right.

We are heavily favoured to win this, and we should, but watching them handle the Lions last week,
Got to admit we should win this but none the less still a bit edgy.

and knowing what is at stake for them, there is great reason for nervousness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It starts raining at 4pm according to the forecast, FFS.

Much harder to implement our high precision game in the wet I imagine. If it turns into a scrap it will suit them more than us.

I'm still very confident but I'd prefer a dry game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back