Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone remind me as to why this game was played at the MCG and not the Gabba?

If it was played at the Gabba, we would've been smashed.

Due to the ruling that atleast 1 prelim final HAD to be played at the MCG and due to port being the higher "seed" they got priority for a home game, Lions didnt, we played at the 'G.
We should have won that game, experience and not talent/skill/determination won that for the Lions...

Due to the ruling that atleast 1 prelim final HAD to be played at the MCG and due to port being the higher "seed" they got priority for a home game, Lions didnt, we played at the 'G.
We should have won that game, experience and not talent/skill/determination won that for the Lions...

I remember at half time we were up and I was looking at the next week. But in the last quarter it was men against boys, you could see that they just knew how to win it. Bit like us 2011.

I remember at half time we were up and I was looking at the next week. But in the last quarter it was men against boys, you could see that they just knew how to win it. Bit like us 2011.

Yeah pretty much.
We bombed forward, rushed out disposals and looked hurried all the time (lack of experience) whereas they were steadied, level headed and chose their targets deliberately.

and from memory in the same round Saints lost to Port by a goal or so? I thought cats and saints would dominate the league in 05 or 06 .....
St Kilda should have won the 2005 flag, I still have no idea how they lost the preliminary final.

St Kilda should have won the 2005 flag, I still have no idea how they lost the preliminary final.
and how did we lose the week before?

but of course both teams fluffed about for a couple of years, and then hit their straps. We have three cups, saints have zip. That really is heartbreaking for Saints fans, I do feel for them. And they aren't going to give it a shake for a fair while yet...

and from memory in the same round Saints lost to Port by a goal or so? I thought cats and saints would dominate the league in 05 or 06 .....
You can blame their own fans for that, when Frasier Gehrig kicked his 100th goal for the season they all rushed onto the field which stopped all momentum for them and gave the Power a chance to regroup.

You can blame their own fans for that, when Frasier Gehrig kicked his 100th goal for the season they all rushed onto the field which stopped all momentum for them and gave the Power a chance to regroup.
That old pathetic excuse. It was like 10 minutes into the game and the Saints had only kicked 2 goals. If that cost them the game then we only beat St Kilda in 09 because of the goal umpire.

That old pathetic excuse. It was like 10 minutes into the game and the Saints had only kicked 2 goals. If that cost them the game then we only beat St Kilda in 09 because of the goal umpire.

Some saints fans seriously believe that about the 09 GF....
Despite the fact it happened in the 2nd quarter and was cancelled out by Milburns brain fade on half time AND that they were in front at 3/4 time..

Some saints fans seriously believe that about the 09 GF....
Despite the fact it happened in the 2nd quarter and was cancelled out by Milburns brain fade on half time AND that they were in front at 3/4 time..
I know they do. And Grant Thomas thinks because their fans ran on the ground at the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter he interrupted their incredible 2 goal run and that's why they lost to clearly the best team of the year. They love excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against Hawthorn I would say "******* Hostile" would be more suitable.

haha yeh that song is hyped to the max.
The ending is quite incredible, the speed change and Dimebag's phenomenal palming is something to behold.

(only as time goes by do/did we take those type of musicians for granted)

Absolutely ace mate.
Tell yawhat, next time Hodgepodge starts in with his nonsense about Ablett always being a FF, you ought to throw this up and tell him to watch from c.8:30 mins.

thanks Matt :thumbsu:

that first passage of play was scintillating, again, I forget about some of the players as Stringer's explosive turn of pace was quite brilliant!
Thought it was Wojak for second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back