Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Essendon/Geelong family we had the 93 game on Name-A-Game VHS. Fair to say it got played until its death.

that game's boring :p
you gotta watch his 'Panasonic Cup' capitulation of Carlton in 87, he couldn't stop jumping and they put three different opponents onto him but he still prevailed.

He reminded me of a white Michael Jordan :D
truly a phenomenal athlete around that time and he made the others around him look rather amateurish.

I'll upload a few bits and pieces over the weekend.
Some stuff that hasn't been seen before

yeah I remember the pre-season game in '87 well Footscore, Ablett was amazing that night, took Peter Dean and Tommy Alvin to the cleaners, they virtually r*ped him on a couple of occasions but he still got shots on goal - pretty sure he ended up missing more than he kicked that evening though ?

pretty sure he ended up missing more than he kicked that evening though ?

yeh, I think it was 7.6 he kicked...really did miss an awful lot of shots over the years.
The games where he played a blinder, he would usually shank 3 or 4 gettable goals.

That RD6 game against Essendon in 93, he booted 7 behinds but 3 or 4 were quite easy by his standards.

A little something I put up:

TBH the end of this game had my nerves on edge because of what happened the previous year.

Great vid. I LOVE that last Mooney goal! You could see the entire crowd go NUTS when he kicked it (I remember it well actually).
Gee those were the days werent they! When we didnt expect to win every single game by 10 goals and a win like that was amazing!

Tommahawk's goal with the radio commentaries, as shown on AFL 360

and for those lacking some Xmas cheer.... may I present.....

GO Catters

GO Catters

I watched it again :p
Then the 1 from the crowd.
Then that "alternate" commentary with the guy who sounds really weird and swears alot :p
"What the f&*k!" being my favourite line from it! (after poo op a loo tries to kick goal of the universe).

typical Stevie J, played on immediately and instead of playing safe, he heads into the center of the ground and pin points a perfectly placed left foot pass to Selwood :D

We are quite fortunate there was no 50 meter penalty as the Hawthorn player running past Johno at the time proceeded to move in on his natural arc which usually causes the umps to blow the whistle and call a 50 which may have brought Johnson to about 75 metres our from goal with about 15 seconds left on the clock.

typical Stevie J, played on immediately and instead of playing safe, he heads into the center of the ground and pin points a perfectly placed left foot pass to Selwood :D

We are quite fortunate there was no 50 meter penalty as the Hawthorn player running past Johno at the time proceeded to move in on his natural arc which usually causes the umps to blow the whistle and call a 50 which may have brought Johnson to about 75 metres our from goal with about 15 seconds left on the clock.

Damn shame actually - that would have set up Tommy to take a hanger and mark of the year in the goal square, and still kick the winning goal after the siren. Oh well, always next game. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing safe? With 30 seconds to go?

Hopefully it would have been "typical" of every player on the ground in Geelong colours.

I grant you though, his delivery on the left was superb. He's all class our SJ.

Not to mention Selwood's hands!

I'm not sure if this video has already been posted and I missed it, but someone has put together another fantastic montage of THAT goal, incorporating some of the footage from the crowd as well as the K-rock commentary. It's well worth the watch (after all, there's no limit on the times we all want to re-live the moment, and it still sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it).

I'm not sure if this video has already been posted and I missed it, but someone has put together another fantastic montage of THAT goal, incorporating some of the footage from the crowd as well as the K-rock commentary. It's well worth the watch (after all, there's no limit on the times we all want to re-live the moment, and it still sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it).

That was made by GFCweekly, a new member to our board.

I had Bruce moment after watching that....

OHHHH that is SPECIAL......

GO Catters

PS - Great editing....:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Glad you liked it guys! Had plenty of requests for it on my facebook page "Geelong Football Club Supporters Page", and I certainly never get tired of watching it myself.

Plenty more montages like this one, as well as weekly news and injury updates etc. at youtube.com/gfcweekly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back