Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, if anybody has a request for a video, either now or during the season, feel free to let me know here, on twitter (@GFCweekly), or on the facebook page I mentioned above, and I'll be happy to put it together for you.

By the way, if anybody has a request for a video, either now or during the season, feel free to let me know here, on twitter (@GFCweekly), or on the facebook page I mentioned above, and I'll be happy to put it together for you.

A good joel corey one would be appreciated.

any chance for some footage of postgame interviews? I havent seen the chapman one for ages
No sorry I don't possess the footage, if I find it I'll put it up.

While I was looking for it, I found this piece of gold:
Match of the Decade - Richmond vs Geelong
This could not only be the match of the decade, but quite possibly, the greatest match of all time.

These 2 giants of AFL football will take on each other, with both clubs in once in a lifetime form, on Sunday at the Telstra Dome. Crowds are expected to be somewhere between 50 and 100 people, but some are confident that as many as 135 people will turn up.

This match has been anticipated ever since Richmond showed they can't win matches, and Geelong showed they don't give a sh*t about winning matches.

The odds at this stage are

Head to Head
Geelong - $14.50
Richmond - $14.50
Draw - $1.01

Some additional odds include

First Goal
nobody - $1.01
player not quoted - $28

First Coach fired
Thompson fired at Half time - $2.10
Wallace fired at Half Time - $2.70
Thompson fired at Full Time - $4.15
Wallace fired at Full Time - $6.10
Neither Coach fired during the game - $31

Key match-ups include
C. Ling vs K. Johnson - who is the worse captain
Bartel, Selwood and Chapman vs Delidio, Foley and Tuck - These guys will in the minority of players trying to win, they need to inspire their teammates to do the same.
Corey vs Bowden - Who can have less influence on the game?
Scarlett vs Richo - Both guys put it on the line for their clubs every week
Tambling vs his brain - Can he influence a game for more then 10 minutes?
Hawkins vs the fans - will he belt a Geelong fan for cheering him when he kicks a point?

This could be a fantastic game, my prediction is

Geelong 0.46.46
Richmond 0.46.46
Source:http://www.footballinvective.com/2007/0705.html (although it is originally from BF)

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out. I want to find footage of a Varcoe goal a few yesrs ago. Can't remember the year or vame but think it was 10 or 11 and was at the G.

The ball gets quickly rushed through the centre and ends up with Selwood. He does a baulk, handballs to Varcoe who instantly snaps from 45.

Remember thinking it was an awesome goal at the time and just want to re-live.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out. I want to find footage of a Varcoe goal a few yesrs ago. Can't remember the year or vame but think it was 10 or 11 and was at the G.

The ball gets quickly rushed through the centre and ends up with Selwood. He does a baulk, handballs to Varcoe who instantly snaps from 45.

Cheers
That was in the run of Geelong goals late in the third quarter, in the early 2011 game against Hawthorn.

What a great goal it was..ran from forward 50 to half back... gathered a pass from Scarlo......hand pass to Chappy...kept running...got it back from Stokes.....superb 30 metre footpass to Pods...kept running ...another 100 metres + to the goal square... to goal from between opponents.........absolutely inspirational. Enjoy....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great goal it was..ran from forward 50 to half back... gathered a pass from Scarlo......hand pass to Chappy...kept running...got it back from Stokes.....superb 30 metre footpass to Pods...kept running ...another 100 metres + to the goal square... to goal from between opponents.........absolutely inspirational. Enjoy....

Meto should watch that video.
The epitome of hard running right there and as we all know, not a one off from Trav.

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Give it 10 mins, pretty sure this is the one.

Found this in some old files, enjoy

I remember one game where McCarthy attempted a mark with no one in sight of him, he jumped up to protect himself from some unknown force and dropped the mark. I think this was against Collingwood at the Telstra Dome in 2005.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back