List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am getting abit over the Boak on-going saga - I know all contracts run out on October 1 st for those that run out this year. But when are all the official functions over - like B&F - so we know Boak has no more required or other reasonable duties he would be part of ?

That is the most likely date this saga will have some clarity IMO.

2u4lpv5.jpg
When Otto ran down Pettigrew, one of Port's fastest players at the time, I knew that we were in for a good day.

It's always worried me what anyone from that club could positively bring to the Cattery??
Seems to me the media are writing the script.

It's always worried me what anyone from that club could positively bring to the Cattery??
Seems to me the media are writing the script.

would you have said the same thing of North in 2000 or Richmond in 2005?

Best thing about that day was that I was never in doubt about the win.
An associate wanted 6 bottles of 96' Perignon on the game. I said 'no way, there is no chance you can win and I'm not taking that much cash off you' :)

But to smash them like that.....wow.

Still on 119 ?

And the bottle of Dom went down a treat.

As I am getting abit over the Boak on-going saga - I know all contracts run out on October 1 st for those that run out this year. But when are all the official functions over - like B&F - so we know Boak has no more required or other reasonable duties he would be part of ?

That is the most likely date this saga will have some clarity IMO.

I think their B&F is next week, they usually have it the week after the team finishes from memory.

And I agree, Boak will either announce he is re-signing to port at the B&F but if he doesnt he is gone - that I have no doubt about!

I really do believe Boak would shine at Geelong with the right players around him.

I hope you're right, been a long time since we've signed a so-called boutique player, but I think we've got a few similar types, albeit a year or two away from where he is ATM.
Would he step over Bundy?
No way for me!

I hope you're right, been a long time since we've signed a so-called boutique player, but I think we've got a few similar types, albeit a year or two away from where he is ATM.
No way for me!
Boak is a bigger body type suited to that hard nosed style of play.

Bundy is tough and hard at it as they come but I'm afraid with his build if he continues to be a battering ram he will spend a lot more time on the sidelines than we would like with his slight body frame.

Boak is 24 and has played over 100 games. That's where have an obvious hole in the team list. A lot of senior players. a lot of young guns, it's that middle group (that combine age & games so I exclude West) that is a bit thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bundy is tough and hard at it as they come but I'm afraid with his build if he continues to be a battering ram he will spend a lot more time on the sidelines than we would like with his slight body frame.

I said that the other week about bundy and got bagged!
He just doesnt look like the frame that can put on enough bulk to be a full time insider.

I'd say he will play bit parts inside if we get boak and be used as an outside mid.

Point taken, and the age factor of our list, yes I see the need!

No way for me!
You're a strange person sometimes Meto.

Of course he would.
Christensen might catch him in 3 years or so but he is not at the same level right now.

Christensen is a little too brave for his own good but for mine he has all the capabilities of being a super player for us . Up there with an Ablett at this early stage without a doubt.

Hear, hear! he's an absolute beauty, but gotta be looked after as suggested........ if Boak can provide the inside chop for Selwood I guess his inclusion would be ideal.

If Boak doesn't come are there any others on the horizon that could if the role?

Hear, hear! he's an absolute beauty, but gotta be looked after as suggested........ if Boak can provide the inside chop for Selwood I guess his inclusion would be ideal.

If Boak doesn't come are there any others on the horizon that could if the role?

GHS?

GHS only 2 games this year.
Of his total 23 possessions 4 were contested and he had 1 tackle. So at an early guess no, I don't think so.

I wouldnt judge him on 2 games though. I didnt think Taylor Hunt could be a tagger in his first 2 games. Lingy was a full forward etc.
I reckon he has the body shape for it, definately has the lack of speed :p
To be honest though this is why I honestly think we NEED to get Boak, the only other natural in and under player we have under 25 is Bundy, and he will end up killing himself if he keeps it up, that and his run and spread are way to good to waste him in close.

Boak's arrival would only help Christensen, Boak is a bigger body who could protect Christensen and allow Christensen to be more of a link player where is creativity and finishing can be better utilised.

Christensen is simply not big enough to be banging heads with the increasingly big midfielders in the modern game.

Boak, Selwood would provide the grunt, while Christensen and Duncan are the polish.

Boak's arrival would only help Christensen, Boak is a bigger body who could protect Christensen and allow Christensen to be more of a link player where is creativity and finishing can be better utilised.

Christensen is simply not big enough to be banging heads with the increasingly big midfielders in the modern game.

Boak, Selwood would provide the grunt, while Christensen and Duncan are the polish.

ATM I don't mind Stevie J in the middle to provide a little sideways protection for Selwood and Christensen.
But yeah, better all round if Bundy's not in the direct line of fire so much.

Christensen is a little too brave for his own good but for mine he has all the capabilities of being a super player for us . Up there with an Ablett at this early stage without a doubt.
Not sure about the Ablett comparison, but he's not that far behind Boak for on-field value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back