List Mgmt. Geelong's interest in Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH, Stewart? Anyway, thought of Broadbent, low profile player. Mid/Def. Recently signed with Port.
Please don't even go there, a few people around here would know I was into him in a big way as a junior...and he could have got him in the 30s. *gnashing of teeth*

Anyway, it is done with now so we can move on.

And, personally, I'd like to thank The Smaller Warrior for his input. He has copped a bit but I think he has been good value and pretty civil.

It's done?

Where is it saying that it is done?

Also, the amount of people who come out and say they think he's staying means sweetfa, plenty of Geelong people did the same for GAJ.

I can't believe how much this thread has deteriorated. Some of the posters in this thread quite frankly make me embarrassed to be a Geelong supporter. There are some dead set fcuking morons in here. I don't care anymore about whether Travis comes or not, we have built up our team from draft picks so either way, I don't think we will be losers unless we do get Trav and pay massive overs to secure him. But as long as this thread is open, it's going to continue to be an embarrassment to the Bigfooty Geelong board and our football club. Some people need to pull their heads in big time.

I very rarely post in here but I just had to sign in and say, well said Strangled Cat. Summed up what a lot of people are probably thinking. :thumbsu:

I go back to my original question mate,

Please show me where I posted about an announcement being made today.

Which is what you stated I had said.

The meeting in fact never took place yesterday as you reported.

It also equals the very thing you seem to despise in _Me_ here you are doing yourself.

Irony suggests also, the very thing certain posters dislike about _Me_ they seem willing to forgive with you.

Some of us might just sit back slightly entertained by it all if that's ok with you? And others will come in purely disgusted by how very particular posters will consistently try to derail a thread.

Are you?

You are the only person in the football world asserting that it took place. No media has supported you.

Try look at it from my/our point of view. If you deliver proof, that's fine with me.

Mmm, I tend to agree - not bagging you TSW in the slightest as I have no idea what sort of position you hold with the club and what you do or dont know, or even who you are for that matter.

But with the interest that this story has generated I would be extremely surprised if Boak had a meeting yesterday and was able for it to fly under the radar of the media.

Hell, the Herald Sun have over 50 full time AFL staff & writers, you cant tell me that they wouldnt have someone keeping a very close check on Boak to try and get the scoop - let alone any other publication or TV station.

Ill believe the decision Boak has made as soon as it pops up on a reputable media website.

Until then, he may well have joined the French Foreign Legion as a nun..... :)

What do you guys make of Boak saying he was 'stitched up' and left 'embarrassed' after his team-mates' comments?

Also, seems that there is an article on the Herald Sun reporting Boak is ready to re-start negotiations with a new deal at Port, saying Geelong's visit on sunday had failed.

But with the interest that this story has generated I would be extremely surprised if Boak had a meeting yesterday and was able for it to fly under the radar of the media.

Just putting out there the following scenario:

Boak is at the club yesterday - as you would expect for training (this is known). following training players go back into Alan Scott Headquarters, which contains gym, change facilities meeting rooms etc ...... While Boak is in there for the day they sit down and meet.

How would the media find out this unless they had spy cameras fitted inside the facility.

Boak is at the club yesterday - as you would expect for training (this is known). following training players go back into Alan Scott Headquarters, which contains gym, change facilities meeting rooms etc ...... While Boak is in there for the day they sit down and meet.

How would the media find out this unless they had spy cameras fitted inside the facility.

So the fact he is attending training also suggests he is having ongoing discussions on his future?
I would have thought the fact he is attending training would have precluded that possibility happening at the same time, given this age of professional sport.

As stated above, it has been reported contract talks with his manager will only re-commence this week, but it doesnt go onto suggest he is any closer to deciding where he is likely to end up.

TSW suggested not only did Boak have a "meeting" with the club whilst attending training, but that he signed up as well, announcement soon. Players don't sign up any more, their managers do, is a fair point? And the last time somebody signed up whilst in the process of training was some time back before the AFL started.

Like others I have enjoyed reading the contributions from Port supporters during this discussion, but there was some credibility lost yesterday with these assertions I believe from TSW. Just an opinion of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the fact he is attending training also suggests he is having ongoing discussions on his future?
I would have thought the fact he is attending training would have precluded that possibility happening at the same time, given this age of professional sport.
No, the fact he's there for training doesn't mean he also had a meeting.
but players are at the club for long portions of the day, not always training, I was trying to point out theres a possibility they could have met behind closed doors for a discussion - manager doesn't need to be there for that.
There were also shots of him leaving the club late monday, with suggestions he had been holding talks ... although that was batted away as simply going over video reviews.

As stated above, it has been reported contract talks with his manager will only re-commence this week, but it doesnt go onto suggest he is any closer to deciding where he is likely to end up.
Agree with most of this, however I would assume that ultimately the decision is the players to make. Geelong when they came over on Sunday didn't have Boaks manager there (they probably couldn't under the rules anyway) ..... so you don't need the manager there to talk to the player.

TSW suggested not only did Boak have a "meeting" with the club whilst attending training, but that he signed up as well, announcement soon. Players don't sign up any more, their managers do, is a fair point? And the last time somebody signed up whilst in the process of training was some time back before the AFL started.
Yep - its the manager that manages the details of the contract and advises player on a direction. TSW may have jumped the gun on the actual signing, rather he may have taken the meeting as a sign of the parties being in agreement for the most part going forward. That being said - if you read TSW's quotes earlier in this thread, he said he believe he had signed and was going to check. His failure to come back and confirm probably suggests the actual signing hasn't taken place yet ?

I have no inside knowledge, I'm just piecing together info thats been published, quotes from interested parties and the like as well as info from some on our Port board who get some inside word.

My feel is that Boak and the club have reached an agreement that he wants to stay here, and that his manager now becomes re-engaged in nutting out contract terms. I also believe there were stages over the past month where he genuinely considered moving back home (family reasons), and based on this Geelong became involved over June when he was home putting a case forward.
However they got word over the weekend that he had decided to stay put and as such the weekend visit was an attempt to sway him back (meaning a. they felt their grip on him was slipping/had slipped, and b. that they had been of the opinion he was a genuine chance to leave.)

I can't believe how much this thread has deteriorated. Some of the posters in this thread quite frankly make me embarrassed to be a Geelong supporter. There are some dead set fcuking morons in here. I don't care anymore about whether Travis comes or not, we have built up our team from draft picks so either way, I don't think we will be losers unless we do get Trav and pay massive overs to secure him. But as long as this thread is open, it's going to continue to be an embarrassment to the Bigfooty Geelong board and our football club. Some people need to pull their heads in big time.

:thumbsu:
Beautifully said mate. I was actually thinking last night that i wish we could split up the board into 2 sections - one for mature football discussion, and the other for childish pissing contests about "inside info", putting up insulting gifs, and for people who quote posts, and change the wording to rude connotations just to give themselves a giggle. Not naming anybody of course, but i was disgusted last night at that happening.

If he did end up going to Geelong would he have to announce it within the next week considering the pressure Port put on him to make a decision? If so would he still complete his season at Port as captain??

To the Power fans yesterday that roasted Geelong as they should have had a meeting while he was in Geelong, it is now coming out that they did have a meeting when in Geelong. This was not Geelong's first meeting with Boak. It also seems that Port were aware of the (at least one previous) meeting with Geelong in June. They did not make a fuss about this so I don't see why they care now. Reality is that on Sunday night, their care factor was low until Monday when they got abused by their fans so had to make a stance. Hence, their complete u-turn, Rhode wasn't being incompetent like Port fans claim, he was stating their official line at that stage.

Port were backed into a corner by their own fans and have had to try make out that Geelong were lying to them and going behind their back when in reality they knew far more about Boak and Geelong than they have admitted. Port are trying to make themselves look relevant to their fans when they know Geelong has done nothing wrong. They created this mess by demanding he re-sign soon. If Boak wants to come out and call Geelong 'liars' for saying that Port has given him two weeks to re-sign I'll accept that but Port's word is not credible. Also, given that Boak has meet Geelong on multiple times, will Port criticise Boak? It takes two to meet and even if the second one was forced on Boak, it's hard to claim the first one was also.

If he did end up going to Geelong would he have to announce it within the next week considering the pressure Port put on him to make a decision? If so would he still complete his season at Port as captain??

I think he will make a decision within the next couple of weeks either way.

He's not captain, he's vice captain. Only been acting captain while Casissi was out.

:thumbsu:
Beautifully said mate. I was actually thinking last night that i wish we could split up the board into 2 sections - one for mature football discussion, and the other for childish pissing contests about "inside info", putting up insulting gifs, and for people who quote posts, and change the wording to rude connotations just to give themselves a giggle. Not naming anybody of course, but i was disgusted last night at that happening.
I'm sure that if we made a Geelong's answer to bay 13 exclusively for the idiots, it would be popular. Problem is like all ghetto's, slums, shanty towns et al, whilst the scum of society are condensed into these areas, they still have the ability to roam about freely. There's no way to stop them venturing over unless we modeled this area on Sharpville, whereby they would have restricted access to certain areas - one off those areas obviously being the main board.

True, but do you think that he would go in for a contract negotiation without his manager?!
If this were the case then the media would certainly be on top of the fact that his manager was at Port around the same time post or during this training session.

The way port have been essentially bullying him into contract timelines etc, I would be extremely surprised if his manager hadnt told him to utter a word to port management without him present.

The negotiations with the manager probably means he has several scenarios - not offers - in front of him. If Boak is smart, and he seems to be, he will compare apples to apples with what has been presented. Meeting his manager about this makes sense. Does not mean he has fallen either way .
And if we don't get him... so be it. We tried. more $$ to pay secure incumbent players and chase other available FA's.

GO Catters.

True, but do you think that he would go in for a contract negotiation without his manager?!
If this were the case then the media would certainly be on top of the fact that his manager was at Port around the same time post or during this training session.

The way port have been essentially bullying him into contract timelines etc, I would be extremely surprised if his manager hadnt told him to utter a word to port management without him present.

I never said contract negotiation, I said meeting.

I'm not sure if its been missed but Trav has a good relationship with Port, the constant line is they would like to know what he's doing sooner rather than later but will give him the time he needs. At no point has Trav said Port are rushing him.

I think its a bit rude to constantly say Port are bullying him without knowing that this is the case, other than from Chris Scott when justifying his trip.

I know all the hype is about Boak and in reality it is maybe a 50/50 chance at the moment. Great if we get him but if we don't i think we should be turnng our attention to Josh Caddy. APparently he wants to return to Victoria and we would be a genuine chance to get him, we have the picks and could offer him good dollars compared to what Gold Coast would offer, or at least comparable. The kid is a gun and at the very least it would be nice to get one back on the Suns.

My feel is that Boak and the club have reached an agreement that he wants to stay here, and that his manager now becomes re-engaged in nutting out contract terms. I also believe there were stages over the past month where he genuinely considered moving back home (family reasons), and based on this Geelong became involved over June when he was home putting a case forward.
However they got word over the weekend that he had decided to stay put and as such the weekend visit was an attempt to sway him back (meaning a. they felt their grip on him was slipping/had slipped, and b. that they had been of the opinion he was a genuine chance to leave.)

Agree with the potential of that, particularly the brackets.

The only thing to add is the potential that Boak's family and by extension Geelong were given strong enough "assurances" at some point in time that made them feel they had the right to turn up in Adelaide recently and why certain posters in here felt confident he was prepared to make a move.

As we know too well managers will regularly invite interest from other clubs to drum up their client's price although I can't say whether that has genuinely happened in this case.

I think we all agree now until he actually signs up, there is nothing cast in stone just yet.

I know all the hype is about Boak and in reality it is maybe a 50/50 chance at the moment. Great if we get him but if we don't i think we should be turnng our attention to Josh Caddy. APparently he wants to return to Victoria and we would be a genuine chance to get him, we have the picks and could offer him good dollars compared to what Gold Coast would offer, or at least comparable. The kid is a gun and at the very least it would be nice to get one back on the Suns.

It sure would be. The only problem is there will be no shortage of potential suitors. Clubs like Melb, Dogs, Roos, and Carlton will all have higher picks than us and would have no trouble enticing him. Add to that he is a Melbourne born and raised boy so it will be tough enticing him down the highway to Geelong. It's something we have had trouble with over the years (Brad Ottens being the exception of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back