No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

What next …

Norf requesting home games at the G.
They can rent Princes Park ground 2 off us and the cricket club. That should cover their massive crowds.

The issue is that they never actually planned the expansion into a national level sporting league. They moved South Melbourne to Shitney and thought hey, this is great... lets put clubs in Brisbane and in WA.

But it didn't work really. There was no real underlying base for the teams in NSW and QLD because they are union states. What the "AFL" needed to do was build the sport in those states first... state level leagues 8-12 teams. The locals can start supporting their local clubs and then, when the sport is doing well, create a national level league.

Fitzroy and North could have been moved to Tasmania and the NT respectively and allowed to ply their national league trades in those states. Adding in Adelaide and the West Coast would have been no brainers when the league expanded into a national league. Fourteen teams in a national league.

But no... the dickheads at the VFL/AFL commission saw the $$$$'s from TV rights and thought lets just keep adding in teams. Now the fixtures are compromised to hell, gambling money is rife within the industry and the rules are all over the place.

Other than the feel good element of having a team in the Darwin, i dont see how it would work or how anyone thinks its a good idea, Darwin has a population of 122,000, even a small stadium of 20,000 would need just under 20% of the city’s population to attend.

Retention would be a nightmare, crowds would be a nightmare, North Melbourne would be better served moving to Bendigo or Ballarat if they needed to.

ChatGPT is a 'Blue Believer'
When I asked it why Carlton is considered the 'Most Successful team in VFL/AFL history, given that other teams have 16 Premierships:

"The title of "most successful" in the VFL/AFL is often determined based on various factors, including the total number of premierships won, consistency over time, and overall performance across different eras. While Essendon has won 16 premierships, which is a significant achievement, Carlton holds the distinction of being the most successful club based on certain criteria.

One reason why Carlton is often considered the most successful club is its overall performance and consistency throughout the history of the VFL/AFL. While Essendon has won the same number of premierships, Carlton has also achieved consistent success in terms of finals appearances, ladder positions, and other metrics of performance. Additionally, Carlton's success has been spread across a longer period, with premierships won in various decades, contributing to its reputation as one of the most successful clubs in Australian rules football history.

Ultimately, the determination of the "most successful" club may vary depending on the criteria used and the perspective of different individuals within the football community. Both Essendon and Carlton have rich histories and legacies of success in the VFL/AFL, and their achievements are celebrated by their respective supporters."
If you ask the question properly about how many Premierships the drug cheats actually won in a grand final, it gives the correct answer :D

Hugh Mccluggage has knocked vagk a huge stkilda offer to re-sign for 7 years with the lions.

Sam Taylor has also signed for an extra 7 at the Giants apparently.

Hugh Mccluggage has knocked vagk a huge stkilda offer to re-sign for 7 years with the lions.

Sam Taylor has also signed for an extra 7 at the Giants apparently.
Bang bang.

St Kilda with the kiss of death.

They offer someone a contract and they re-sign.

Edit: looks like I spoke too soon, with Hayward spurning our advances.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Bang bang.

St Kilda with the kiss of death.

They offer someone a contract and they re-sign.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app
😂😂

They’re shit scared of ending up at the rabble 😂😂

Maybe clubs are using ‘made up saints offers’ as a scare tactic for their players to sign on quickly 😂😂

Anyone else hear the AFL are looking at ways in giving Perth teams more Victorian team home games?
One more change that robs Victorian public or more importantly Carlton members of home game access, and I’ll be done with memberships. I bet I won’t be alone if they keep reducing vic club home game entrance and viewing options..

I would assume as the gather round was originally going to be spread around every year, the only solution to please all other states is to have one gather round in every state per season, right?

Anyone else hear the AFL are looking at ways in giving Perth teams more Victorian team home games?
One more change that robs Victorian public or more importantly Carlton members of home game access, and I’ll be done with memberships. I bet I won’t be alone if they keep reducing vic club home game entrance and viewing options..

I would assume as the gather round was originally going to be spread around every year, the only solution to please all other states is to have one gather round in every state per season, right?

Saw it last week Surrey.

This is what my cat thinks of the idea to play home games in Perth…

IMG_2297.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne superstar Christian Petracca’s injury setback is worse than first thought, having undergone surgery overnight after a heavy collision in Monday’s King’s Birthday loss to Collingwood.

Channel 9’s Tom Morris reports Petracca went under the knife after suffering four broken ribs, lacerations to the spleen plus a small puncture to his lung.

That's insane.

That's insane.
Goody "Youll be right mate I'm coaching for my drug addled career here, bit of sympathy for who actually is in pain and who's just soft. Get back out there."

I cannot believe he was sent back onto the field

The All Australian selection special on Fox, Josh Mahoney looked like he was holding onto a ripper fart for the whole meeting…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back