No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

GQ4OO2XbwAIcdAG
at yet * will somehow still be "brave"

How the hell does the Giants fixture rate harder than ours from OR - R15?

This is an absolute farce of a system and makes a mockery of the fixtures played and to come as it doesn't take form into account only ladder position.

Travel factors should be taken into account as they do, but form is variable especially from teams outside the top 4 as they have been pretty inconsistent.

For example, playing Hawthorn in the next few weeks is a different proposition than playing them in the first five rounds as will be the Dogs and Brisbane. Melb, GWS and Geelong started well but have tapered off so playing them now would be better than the first 5 rounds. WC and GC are tough at home but softish away, Freo and Port are a mixed bag of sweet and sour.

We meet Hawthorn, Dogs and Roos, all in good form as well as GWS and Eagles away, all these sides will treat it as a GF to see where they are at, so, "the easiest run home" won't be so easy

Pearce suspected fractured forearm and elbow. 2024 season goneski if confirmed.

Unlucky for Pearce and Freo but sureeeeeelyyyyyy means Weiters is a lock for AA FB this year if he keeps going the way he is

Saw the hyperextension, ouchy

Bad luck for him, he’s had a horror career with injury and just started to get continuity over the last couple of seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What??? Not Merrett?

😂
I guess Merrett wasn’t inspiration enough in the 6 games his club has played against Norf, Eagles, Crows and Tigers in the first 14 Rounds.

I guess Merrett wasn’t inspiration enough in the 6 games his club has played against Norf, Eagles, Crows and Tigers in the first 14 Rounds.

Geez the Merrett "best captain in the league" chat this year has shit me.

He's lead his team to a decent 1/2 season, meanwhile Cripps, Bont and literally about 10 other captains have had more success against the odds than Merrett.

I honestly think its the media throwing them a few bones after toweling up on them during/after the ASADA era, much like giving Jobe a job in the commentary box.

He's lead his team to a decent 1/2 season, meanwhile Cripps, Bont and literally about 10 other captains have had more success against the odds than Merrett.

I honestly think its the media throwing them a few bones after toweling up on them during/after the ASADA era, much like giving Jobe a job in the commentary box.

You’re a bit late to the party - the Kool-Aid has been flowing and the bones have been throwing since all this has started. ;):p

Robbie is a great example of someone coming across the sport somehow and recognising how good it is.

I’m convinced that if Aussie Rules was founded by the yanks and called American Rules it would be the most popular game in the US by a country mile and much more in the rest of the worlds phsychie.
I like NFL, like plenty of people around the globe do, but it’s nothing compared to Aussie rules for overall excitement and in game fan engagement.

NFL and excitement should not be used in the same sentence. Has to be one of the most boring sports to watch.

NFL has all of the excitement AFL does with pace, skill, big grabs, big hits….it just happens to move like a sloth and every now and then that sloth is on crack cocaine for about 10 seconds, then back to dopey sleepy sloth…rinse and repeat

NFL and excitement should not be used in the same sentence. Has to be one of the most boring sports to watch.
Yep, it's like Rugby Union with helmets and heavy pads, kickers who mostly leave the ground after they've completed their kicking duties, completely different teams brought on when they lose possession, and endless time-outs. I'm not even a fan of League, for that matter (but Union's okay).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely makes you wonder if part of the TV rights deal the AFL requested Jobe gets a commentary role. What sane TV exec would have continued to let him grace the ears of a footy watcher (even * supporters probably cringe).

There was a main board thread about Jobeisms.

Hilarious stuff, quotes like operandi modus or similar!!!

His latest entry would have to be “ambidextrous off both feet”

He does make my ears bleed but at least we get his pearls of butchered English.

BT and Brayshaw however are just salty Carlton haters, 1 because he always got murdered by us on the ground and the other because we threatened to buy his entire club for shits and giggles and just to get a few of their better players!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely makes you wonder if part of the TV rights deal the AFL requested Jobe gets a commentary role. What sane TV exec would have continued to let him grace the ears of a footy watcher (even * supporters probably cringe).
Both of my sons - aged 10 and 6 said to me - who is the guy that gets so muddled and can’t speak? I responded, that’s a past brownlow medalist and not Ben Cousins…. They didn’t get it

He went from making coffees to being an expert commentator.....what a meteoric rise from someone so ill equipped.

Speaking of which, I haven't heard Laura impart any of her wisdom this week with the hard hitting issues.....

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back