No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mihocek is probably the only one on that list that I'd be worried about replacing. The others already have replacements ready to go.
Pendlebury is probably their greatest ever player. They don’t win the flag without him. And they’ve got a ready to go replacement?

Not to mention Sidebottom, Howe.
They haven’t even replaced Murphy yet.

Obviously it’s very very early days - but this is what bookies tell us
Brisbane Lions 7.00
Hawthorn 8.00
Carlton 9.00
Geelong Cats 9.00
GWS GIANTS 9.00
Collingwood 10.00
Sydney Swans 10.00
Fremantle 12.00
Western Bulldogs 13.00
Port Adelaide 15.00
Melbourne 21.00
Adelaide Crows 26.00
Essendon 41.00
Gold Coast SUNS 41.00
St Kilda 41.00
North Melbourne81.00
West Coast Eagles 101.00
Richmond 151.00
Some interesting ones there.

Hawthorn feel too short for me. Let's see how they go now that coaches have an off season to quell their game plan. Swans seem value to me still. Just need to sort out the grand final hurdle.

Fwiw, I see why they've topped up with Houston. Their list profile is clearly for the here and now.

I still don't think they'll be strong enough next season anyway but I get why they're putting their chips all in.

I just think the fall off will be more significant than they may be expecting.

Some interesting ones there.

Hawthorn feel too short for me. Let's see how they go now that coaches have an off season to quell their game plan. Swans seem value to me still. Just need to sort out the grand final hurdle.
Yeah, that’s why I posted it, means nothing at this stage but there’s always data & analytics behind them setting odds, reckon the Saints would be dirty 😂

Pendlebury is probably their greatest ever player. They don’t win the flag without him. And they’ve got a ready to go replacement?

Not to mention Sidebottom, Howe.
They haven’t even replaced Murphy yet.
Replacement for peak Pendlebury? Of course not.

Replacement for pale shadow of what he was Pendlebury? Sure.

They got peak Pendlebury for the last quarter of 2023 to win the flag by 4 points.
2024 Pendlebury they missed the finals.
So much talk about them landing Houston and loading up for a flag, I say they maybe lucky to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back