No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

A few thoughts after today/tonight’s games:

Cats heading for a long stint in the wilderness. Their midfield will be putrid.
Atkins, Bruhn, Bowes and Parfitt aren’t worrying many teams. They are slow and now can’t even win the contested ball. They’ve had a great run but it’s their turn to be at the bottom for a while.

Sucked in Bombers. Again choking when it matters most.

If the Saints can play finals with the number of average players they have, we should be pushing hard for a top
8 spot.

We should (must) obliterate Geelong and Richmond next year.
I know someone involved at the Cats . Wont got into a lot of detail on here but its fair to say a decent chunk of the list including the recruits came back in less than ideal fitness/condition.

Things aren't super rosy behind the scenes either . They are a super professional club so those issues havent come out .

So Essendon could theoretically overtake GWS next week, except that their percentage is so much lower than that of GWS. Funny thing is, their percentage started the round higher than GWS.

Last edited:
The fact they didn’t score review that is mind boggling. Perhaps it would have been inconclusive but to not review it at all??
If it was called a goal it would have been reviewed and possibly called back if it became a point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They keep saying it hit the back of the padding and I just can't see it. Hope there is footage backing up the umpire.
There won't be, didn't the umpire signal across his cheast behind but not as hitting the post signal. Also no Arc being released 😕
Nothing to see here ........except for a gap between the ball & post

One of my good mates is an AFL goal umpire.

He's at a loss for words.

Umpire was in the wrong position.
And then still didn't refer it.

Cost a team their season and gifted Sydney a finals spot.
Probs last time we see that goal umpire, even if he makes it out of the oval.
Off to afl in siberia

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back