No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that - but the jungle drums are beating now. Only way he plays is on appeal now
If they were to find him guilty of that, this game is ****ed to a level even worse than I imagined after the Sicily farce.

I simply don't like the AFL or the game anymore. I actually forgot last nights game was on, and only turned it on in the last after a friend texted me.

I have a pathological tribal allegiance to Hawthorn which compels me to watch for 2 hours every week, and then commune with my Hawthorn brethren during the week.

Apart from that, the AFL can gofuk themselves

Last edited:
If they were to find him guilty of that, this games is ****ed to a level even worse than I imagined after the Sicily farce.

I simply don't like the AFL or the game. I actually forgot last nights game was on, and only turned it on in the last after a friend texted me.

I have a pathological tribal allegiance to Hawthorn which compels me to watch for 2 hours every week, and then commune with my Hawthorn brethren during the week.

Apart from that, the AFL can gofuk themselves

100% with you. It’s a collision sport and you can’t police 100% of head injuries out of it and you’re just going to make things worse trying to.

As someone who feels he hasn’t a case to answer - that charge sheet says he’s very much spannered. No chance he plays again this season.

I was also in the No case to answer camp but the longer the day went and you hear the reasoning, I start to waiver
Chrisso was overruled.

Whately called that
Said there was absolutely no way it could be called “no case to answer”

Van Rooyen gets 1 week for a deliberate elbow to the head, Sicily gets 3 weeks for a legitimate tackle that earnt a free kick.

Maynard straight to the tribunal (severity)

Thought Paddy Dow had done enough to keep his spot

I don't mind Maynard getting cited as to my eyes he did two things wrong.

Firstly he jumped at the player kicking the ball, not just vertically straight up.

Second he turned his shoulder at the point of impact to maximise the damage to Brayshaw.

A badly executed, reckless spoil that resulted in a free kick against him.

Totally different from Sicily who executed a perfect tackle and won a free kick.

You have two options when a player is running at you. You can either tackle them or try to smother the ball of the boot.

You can't jump at them and clean them up on your way down. I've never seen anyone attempt something like that apart from Maynard last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back