No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand Collingwood, but even I cannot see any way that Maynard gets a suspension. he was in the air going to block.

He can't defy gravity - he was landing in one spot. Unfortunately that was on Angus.

Where does this turning the shoulder nonsense come from?
You don't smother with a shoulder for Maynard to make first contact with his shoulder into Brayshaws head then there has to be two actions, intent doesn't matter if it did then 90% of all high contact suspension would get off. The hit was late and high and avoidable by carrying out the original action.

Intention is irrelvant 🤷‍♂️

His responsibility is to mitigate the impact. .

No it's not, Gerard Whateley. Just heard him make the same argument when Brad Johnson and Healy said it was purely an accident.

Are we going to forget that there were Hawks supporters STILL complaining last week about Sicily getting rubbed out for a legitimate tackle? So now a smother is bad too? Righto.

Lets propose the opposite happens, Maynard leaps to smother, Brayshaw gets the kick away and Maynard opens himself up to minimise contact as apparently he should have. Brayshaw sees late that Maynard is falling in an open position and he braces for impact and they clash head/face and Maynard is concussed. Do we rub Brayshaw out?

Or is kicking the ball more of a football action than trying to smother?

do the right thing burn GIF

Excellent, point. 👏👏👏

You can tell there are many fatty armchair experts who've never played sport in their life.

Or they just hate Maynard and are liars.
Bravo lets go for bullying tactics to minimise peoples opinions, I'm sure you were a STUD footballer so your opinion is naturally that much more valid.

"Dude bro" so probably why you validate violence, am I doing that right?

Bravo lets go for bullying tactics to minimise peoples opinions, I'm sure you were a STUD footballer so your opinion is naturally that much more valid.

"Dude bro" so probably why you validate violence, am I doing that right?

Why are for bullying Maynard on a forum? I'm just defending the person who's been originally bullied.

You don't smother with a shoulder for Maynard to make first contact with his shoulder into Brayshaws head then there has to be two actions, intent doesn't matter if it did then 90% of all high contact suspension would get off. The hit was late and high and avoidable by carrying out the original action.
A player is always going to brace themselves for contact. That is the problem with the MRO right now, way too many players are being done for bracing for contact.

Yea, looking at that incident, I can't buy into thinking that Maynard had no other options. Can't remember the last time a player got knocked out cold from someone trying to smother their kick. Didn't need to go 100% at the kicker straight on , most players DO turn just before landing to smother the kick. Goneski.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe people genuinely want Maynard to go for that.

Particularly when some recurring comments are about Sicily.

The rationale seems to be "Sicily was rubbed out due to a campaigner of a decision, therefore we need this to be a campaigner of a decision too in the interests of justice"

If the AFL were serious, Brayshaw shouldn't be playing... too many concussions.
Or Paddy McCartin for the longest time. But lets face it , come finals time its a case of “ lets find a way to get him cleared” . Barry Hall back in 2005 is probably the most egregious example . Its a bullshit mates club when it suits itself

Or Paddy McCartin for the longest time. But lets face it , come finals time its a case of “ lets find a way to get him cleared” . Barry Hall back in 2005 is probably the most egregious example . Its a bullshit mates club when it suits itself

Which is why I’ve always said that club doctors shouldn’t get to make the calls on concussions. The doctors for concussion protocols/clearances should be independent of the clubs and the AFL.

It’s like a play isn’t it

Act 1 - the charge
Act 2 - the outcome
Act 3 - the challenge
Finale - free to play
As someone who feels he hasn’t a case to answer - that charge sheet says he’s very much spannered. No chance he plays again this season.

As someone who feels he hasn’t a case to answer - that charge sheet says he’s very much spannered. No chance he plays again this season.
I think the tribunal can actually decide 'guilty' or 'not guilty'

They don't just add up points based on arbitrary categorisations like the feral abacuses at the MRP...

I think the tribunal can actually decide 'guilty' or 'not guilty'

They don't just add up points based on arbitrary categorisations like the feral abacuses at the MRP...

I know that - but the jungle drums are beating now. Only way he plays is on appeal now and given Sicily’s precedent I don’t like his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back