No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Cook looked like a ripper last week. The development of Thilthorpe will be critical to the Crows.
Yeah Cook showed something last week forward after not touching it first half. They need to get Thilthorpe on the park consistently

Don’t think a coach has ever signed a contract extension and been sacked in the same year.
Ratten was pretty close to this wasn’t he? Didn’t he sign an extension mid year then get sacked at the end of the season?

Just me or are they back to allowing more time before paying HTB?

Also Selwood as a commentator is making Darcy sound good.
I did not know the identity of the “other” commentator but found him inane and boring. The less I heard from him the better. To find out it was Joel Selwood, a premiership captain, was surprising. In the commentary stakes, Joel will struggle to get another contract. Hodges and Lingy have their faults, but they are both much better than Duckwood.

Last edited:
You know what, I'd mostly rather crows beat tigers but not tonight. All week after our game, nicks gave us next to no credit in smashing them smithereens in the first half and spoke tough all week about playing the crows way knowing he's coming up against a weaker opposition! Now? Headaches abound! How the **** are you gonna spin this!? Delusional prick.

Yeah Cook showed something last week forward after not touching it first half. They need to get Thilthorpe on the park consistently
Cook didn't really show anything special last week, we just tired out and gave them some ridiculously easy looks. Same with Burgess.

Adelaide lost that game with the non-selection of O'Brien - not O'Reilly like I said in the other comment. Whoops.

Nank is one of the rucks in this league I really rate. He would have fit in perfectly in the Hawks peak, very good footballer and very versatile. Adelaide took him and Richmond too lightly, lost it for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted us to draft Dowling, but we took Hustwaite instead.

He could have been the hero then. Big last quarter from the kid regardless.

We broke the Crows.
Dowling may become a good player, but I’m very happy with HH. The quality of his possessions are there, and in time he will likely increase his production.

And after what he did to Keane, you won't have to worry about him next week.
Whilst Kosi will probably go down for that, it was weak as p1ss by Keane who tried to milk it for all it was worth. He was giving Kosi a bit of niggle and got whacked for it, then fell like a little girl crying for mum.

You know what, I'd mostly rather crows beat tigers but not tonight. All week after our game, nicks gave us next to no credit in smashing them smithereens in the first half and spoke tough all week about playing the crows way knowing he's coming up against a weaker opposition! Now? Headaches abound! How the **** are you gonna spin this!? Delusional prick.
I picked the crows to win in our work comp and so came into the game wanting the crows to win. But like you, I found myself wanting the Tigers to win. Nick’s pre-game interview sealed it for me.

Last edited:
Dowling may become a good player, but I’m very happy with HH. The quality of his possessions are there, and in time he will likely increase his production.

Not unhappy with Henry at all!

I just like to follow the careers of players I liked in their draft years.

As a tall midfielder, I probably wasn't far off with Dowling since Hustwaite isn't so dissimilar.

Adelaide should have been playing him a lot sooner.

I picked the crows to win in our work comp and so came into the game wanting the crows to win. But like you, I found myself wanting the Tigers to win. Nick’s pre-game interview sealed it for me.
He swallowed his pride at least in the presser. Much more measured and accurate assessment of the team. Realising there not as good as he thought they were.

The best thing about this game is all the egg it is putting on the faces of the AFL administrators for refusing to give Hawthorn a prime TV slot.
To be fair we finished 16th last year and 13th the year before. We weren't exactly on a upwards trajectory banging the door down for prime TV slots.

You could also go as far as saying that after Round 7 where we were 1 win to bottom dwellers North and 6 losses including thumpings from Sydney, Gold Coast and Melbourne that the decision was justified.

To be fair we finished 16th last year and 13th the year before. We weren't exactly on a upwards trajectory banging the door down for prime TV slots.

You could also go as far as saying that after Round 7 where we were 1 win to bottom dwellers North and 6 losses including thumpings from Sydney, Gold Coast and Melbourne that the decision was justified.

Fair? Why would we be that?

Good point but how do the AFL justify giving Nought Melb a Friday night game ?
WCE a Friday night game ?
Richmond Wed & Thurs night games ?

My ladder prediction before Rnd 1 had those 3 as bottom 3. ( I only know that as a couple of mates & I did a prediction with the loser taking the others out to dinner)

The fixturing for the final rounds they give Adel a Friday night game.
Saints have a couple.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back