No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Have 4 coaches ever been sacked in the back half of a season?

You'd think serious concerns were being discussed behind board room doors about Clarkson, Lyon, Beveridge and Nicks.

This is what happens when contracts that are too long, or too much latitude in list management is given to coaches.

I'd be amazed in 3 out of the 4 above aren't sacked by season end.

Nick's hubris in picking that team last night should cost him his job.

O'Brien out for an unfit 28yr old 6 gamer - who broke down at end of Q3 - says it all about a bloke who thinks he is much better than he actually is.

Clarkson probably survives, but the other 3 are in the last chance saloon you'd think.

If Nicks loses next week, and Ross Lyon the next 2 games - they are gone.

Never understood the appointment of Ross Lyon - I still don't, especially after the revelation about the 'hush-money' payments to that poor young staffer at Freo.

Lyon will never ever be sacked. He has that job until he doesn't want it anymore.

And then there's this after the game:

"For Brisbane coach Chris Fagan, it was a pleasing return from the bye after a frustrating loss to Hawthorn last time out.

"It was good to have the bye, I think we had a few sore boys playing that game against Hawthorn, and a few out as well," Fagan said.

"Wouldn't mind Eric Hipwood against Hawthorn a few weeks ago if he was going to play like that," he followed up with a smile."

Tosser.

In his defence, he was really classy in the post match press conference after the loss. Lots of credit to Hawthorn for the reasons for our win and recent dominance over them, pragmatic for their own situation, and trying to keep positive to move forward. Fagan is one of the good guys.

Lyon will never ever be sacked. He has that job until he doesn't want it anymore.

So does what Lyon does best, totally screw up the list, by hardly playing any youth, while turning the game in an eyesore. In the process screwing the club even further, by leaving to another club for more money, once the list and morale of the club is lower than what he started with. Leaving others to clean up the mess that he created.

"For Brisbane coach Chris Fagan, it was a pleasing return from the bye after a frustrating loss to Hawthorn last time out.

"It was good to have the bye, I think we had a few sore boys playing that game against Hawthorn, and a few out as well," Fagan said.

"Wouldn't mind Eric Hipwood against Hawthorn a few weeks ago if he was going to play like that," he followed up with a smile."

Tosser.
I would have liked Hipwood to play too .

We would have won be even more with him playing . Scrimshaw and Sic would have a field day with his unaccountability and inconsistency 🙂

Tosser.
I reckon this comment says more about Hipwood not turning up ;)

I'm watching North and West Coast now and the intensity is absolutely night and day compared to what I just watched.
This has just about been North’s best game from an intensity stand point as well this year.

They are just so far below AFL standard.

This has just about been North’s best game from an intensity stand point as well this year.

They are just so far below AFL standard.

The xG for the first quarter reads pretty dismally, especially when you consider both sides had about 10+ inside 50s each. Norf cannot hit a target inside their attacking 50.

The xG for the first quarter reads pretty dismally, especially when you consider both sides had about 10+ inside 50s each. Norf cannot hit a target inside their attacking 50.

Their only shot was a free kick as well.

If Larkey is even a little quiet they won’t score. Which is doubly bad for them when their defence is hopeless

Their only shot was a free kick as well.

If Larkey is even a little quiet they won’t score. Which is doubly bad for them when their defence is hopeless
Also bad for them considering Larkey's usual route to goal is by free kicks and joe the gooses.

Also bad for them considering Larkey's usual route to goal is by free kicks and joe the gooses.
His goal tally normally looks good but he offers nothing else as a forward. Won’t put his body on the line to bring their other forwards into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Healey just said 'that could be a match-saving tackle'...

The margin is 7 points, 10 minutes into the 3rd...

But he may well be right

Last edited:
Gee this is a terrible game. Hahaha.
Absolutely excremental.

I'm not really watching, just here on the laptop reading hawk stuff...but if anything...West Coast are actually worse than North!!1

Absolutely excremental.

I'm not really watching, just here on the laptop reading hawk stuff...but if anything...West Coast are actually worse than North!!1

Sort of watching it whilst getting some steps in on a treadmill.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back