No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy is 90% effort, I reckon, and you make a good point. The Hawks squad is playing at 100% for all four quarters at the moment and opposition sides don’t have the willpower to keep up. The Hawks are willing to push themselves harder and feel those muscles burn a little more sharply than everyone else. It shows.

I think this is the most pleasing thing these past few rounds especially - 4 quarter efforts were a thing of myth for us for so long. More and more this team wants to win and knows more ways than one how to win. The Port last quarter might be one of the best things to happen to us - those blokes out there that day won’t let it happen again much like the 2012 players never let a grand final loss ever look like happening again.

Perhaps not to that extent…

Given they had the tsunami warning siren before the game and the beginning of each quarter, I’d say it’s a given that they are very much invested in the “orange tsunami”

Dude they have. They’ve been ruthless. Lewis said the club “has blood on its hands”. But like Clarkson, they’re shots mainly directed at people no longer at the club.

Yes and Clarko used us as a scapegoat no less than a couple of weeks ago and Taz is well and truly back in the fold. Sorry if I’m not rushing to feel sympathetic towards a present opposition coach who has continually had shots at us the past few years. Norf can suffer eternally for all I care - watching them Norf it up is brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of shit she cops for this - and generally - is over the top. Just a clumsy turn of phrase and people still bringing it up years (?) later.

There are a lot of bad/annoying commentators. She’s nowhere near the top of that list ..

Well it was pretty embarrassing so of course it’s going to get mentioned.

Football commentary on the tv broadcast has been going south for years and getting worse. Kelly probably isn’t the worst but certainly isn’t great when it comes to football anyway.

Yes and Clarko used us as a scapegoat no less than a couple of weeks ago and Taz is well and truly back in the fold. Sorry if I’m not rushing to feel sympathetic towards a present opposition coach who has continually had shots at us the past few years. Norf can suffer eternally for all I care - watching them Norf it up is brilliant.
No disagreement there 💙

I like Riewoldt as a commentator I think he's genuinely enthusiastic which is what were lacking in alot commentators these days, very robotic. Not in a fake nice guy way either like brad Johnson. They need to get the two British blokes in that did box hill this weekend they killed it!

I like Riewoldt as a commentator I think he's genuinely enthusiastic which is what were lacking in alot commentators these days, very robotic. Not in a fake nice guy way either like brad Johnson. They need to get the two British blokes in that did box hill this weekend they killed it!
Wait there were 2? I thought there was only one but either way once you got past the accent the one guy I thought was quite knowledgeable and really knew his stuff about there players and the BHH players. It was refreshing to have someone get the players names right let alone all the facts right too.

Maybe it’s because I’m sentimental but I don’t see why F/S picks should be lumped in with academy ones. Clubs don’t get get multiple f/s picks year on year like the northern academy players. The Swans and Lions have enough history now to get F/S picks so they don’t need academies to compensate.

I get keeping kids in the AFL system which is why I think any academy player going in the first round shouldn’t come into matching they just go where picked. Interstate clubs who had them in the academy get a cash bonus from the league but the first round of the draft doesn’t get diluted. Father sons can have a similarish system where if one is good enough to go in the first round a team can try and take them but if they do then the f/s club can sacrifice their first draft pick (so long as it’s in round 1 or 2) for the player.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back