No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say I will be much happier watching us play the Cats without Hawkins.

I guess he is one of the many reasons we have such a fierce rivalry.

I will never forget Hawkins rag dolling Schoey like it was nothing.

Clarko just refused to move him.

So angry at Clarko that day.

Just being stubborn.

The Cats players must of been thinking how good is this.
The seeds of 08 will last 100 years, not even joking haha

The round 24 schedule is out. We get Saturday late afternoon in Tasmania. Against Norf. I guess that’s as close to night game as the AFL could swallow.
Pathetic really, Melbourne will field an inexperienced side and be uncompetitive on friday night football.
The AFL is so lucky media rights bring in so much cash, eventually people may decide to act with their feet.

Anyone want to guess which team that may need percentage to get into the eight will be playing with no knowledge of what percentage is required, while the other teams likely playing for percentage will come after this team plays?

One guess.

1722999492978.png

Anyone want to guess which team that may need percentage to get into the eight will be playing with no knowledge of what percentage is required, while the other teams likely playing for percentage will come after this team plays?

One guess.

View attachment 2071167
If we're in that position then we'll just have to assume the worst and do our best to restrict North to as low a score as possible while simultaneously trying to put the biggest score on them. 4 quarters of just trying to absolutely waste them and leave nothing to chance. There's a pre-finals bye so we can afford to play like there is no footy the next week regardless.

One guess.

View attachment 2071167
Why does it matter? Aren’t we just trying to win every game from here by as much as we possibly can?

Why does it matter? Aren’t we just trying to win every game from here by as much as we possibly can?

It only matters as one more reason to motivate. The AFL is screwing Hawthorn on the schedule at every turn, to the very last round.

If one were completely unaware of the AFL and the sides in it, and considered the three schedule announcements this year then one would have to conclude that Hawthorn is the AFL’s most disliked side. Someone in AFL house sure seems to be doing their best to stick it to the Hawks at every turn.

Sure, it doens’t affect our play. But the Blues or Freo or whomever will know exactly how many points they need to win by to make the finals. That’s an advantage. Can’t deny it.

And if that’s an advantage, and we don’t have it, then we are disadvantaged. Disadvantaged in that we just have to score and cross our fingers, as you say.

So, it is seemingly true. Someone at the AFL is doing their best to keep Hawthorn fighting uphill to the very end.

It only matters as one more reason to motivate. The AFL is screwing Hawthorn on the schedule at every turn, to the very last round.

If one were completely unaware of the AFL and the sides in it, and considered the three schedule announcements this year then one would have to conclude that Hawthorn is the AFL’s most disliked side. Someone in AFL house sure seems to be doing their best to stick it to the Hawks at every turn.
I’m not buying what you’re saying sorry.

I’ll agree a little bit, to a certain extent regarding the whole year fixture being a bit rubbish with lack of prime-time games, but it looked like we’d be pretty average all year. Not many would have predicted the exciting style of footy we’ve played.

But this one is a bit of a stretch, if we want motivation, we shouldn't have given up leads to Port and Giants and we wouldn’t be in this situation to start with. Now we find ourselves in the position of needing to win all remaining games by as much as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, it doens’t affect our play. But the Blues or Freo or whomever will know exactly how many points they need to win by to make the finals. That’s an advantage. Can’t deny it.

And if that’s an advantage, and we don’t have it, then we are disadvantaged. Disadvantaged in that we just have to score and cross our fingers, as you say.

So, it is seemingly true. Someone at the AFL is doing their best to keep Hawthorn fighting uphill to the very end.
Well, what a surprise. Looks like we'll have to do it....

The Hard Way.jpg

Just being stubborn.

Then 2013 happened and schoey tore Hawkins apart. I recall Hawkins having a meltdown at the umpire because there was no way schoey was doing things legally.

If that acl never happened, I reckon we would've seen a hell of a rivalry between those two

Just being stubborn.

Zac Dawson agrees with this

Looks like the wildcard is happening. Would have been great this year...

Seppo bullshit - hope the AFL rethinks this crap.

Taking 2022 as an example - there’s no way known St Kilda finishing 10th with 11 wins and a percentage of 99 deserves a chance to knock out Richmond who has 13 wins and a draw with a percentage of 121%. The top 8 works just leave it the hell alone.

we dress up like Hershey's Kisses? :think:
IMG-5149.jpg

It really comes as no surprise that StKilda has met with Tarryn Thomas.

A shit club with shit values meets a shit person with zero values

Both should be banned from the AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back