No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really comes as no surprise that StKilda has met with Tarryn Thomas.

A shit club with shit values meets a shit person with zero values

Both should be banned from the AFL

The AFL needs to take a stand and publicly state he won’t have a contract registered.

The AFL needs to take a stand and publicly state he won’t have a contract registered.
AFL take a stand?

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This is equalisation. A part of the secret sauce.

Wildcard works in NFL due to there being 32 teams , 8 divisions and two conferences .

It basically protects against too many 'bad teams' winning a poor division getting into playoffs while a good team in strong division misses .

Not sure an 18 team comp with a final 8 really needs it but ......$$$$$$$

Interesting timing for Blues. Recruiting Russell was a key part of their strategy for a push for flag contention. Probably the most under-rated part of a premiership team is the high performance boss. Also under-rated how much good work Clarkson did bringing in quality staff when he first took the job at Hawthorn, as Russell was vital in our rebuild.

Interesting timing for Blues. Recruiting Russell was a key part of their strategy for a push for flag contention. Probably the most under-rated part of a premiership team is the high performance boss. Probably under-rated how much good work Clarkson did bringing in quality staff when he first took the job at Hawthorn, as Russell was vital in our rebuild.
We struggled for a bit when he left. I think the fitness and conditioning guys are a pivotal role and they've all got different approaches, so there's an adjustment period to go through.

Bad luck blues

Interesting timing for Blues. Recruiting Russell was a key part of their strategy for a push for flag contention. Probably the most under-rated part of a premiership team is the high performance boss. Probably under-rated how much good work Clarkson did bringing in quality staff when he first took the job at Hawthorn, as Russell was vital in our rebuild.
Jack has seemingly been a bit of a whipping boy with some Blues supporters due to their injury record since he's been at the club.

Wildcard works in NFL due to there being 32 teams , 8 divisions and two conferences .

It basically protects against too many 'bad teams' winning a poor division getting into playoffs while a good team in strong division misses .

Exactly right about the reason it works in the American leagues. Even in the NBA - most years the West is absolutely stacked and for a while teams were +.500 but wouldn't make the playoffs. This year is an anomaly and most years the team finishing 10th doesn't have any right to qualify for the finals.

St Kilda need to take a good long look at themselves, and what they are trying to be IMHO

Arie Schoenmakers with his history of repeated bullying & violence against disabled kids

Collard serving a massive ban for repeated homophobia

Now Thomas as well???

I hate the over-reach of the AFL, but just this once I'd welcome them stepping in and saying "no - he's shown no signs of change, and is still to face the courts - you cannot sign him until he has wiped the slate clean to our satisfaction"

Which will be never - as TT hasn't shown one single sign of self-awareness in this whole tawdry fiasco.

St Kilda are a disgrace of a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda need to take a good long look at themselves, and what they are trying to be IMHO

Arie Schoenmakers with his history of repeated bullying & violence against disabled kids

Now Thomas as well???

I hate the over-reach of the AFL, but just this once I'd welcome them stepping in and saying "no - he's shown no signs of change, and is still to face the courts - you cannot sign him until he has wiped the slate clean to our satisfaction"

Which will be never - as TT hasn't shown one single sign of self-awareness in this whole tawdry fiasco.

And I'm sure the irony of them being "the saints" isn't lost on anyone. Joke of a club.

Now Thomas as well???

Shocked they didn't draft Mitchell Edwards as well given their culture.

Bad divisions getting garbage teams into the playoffs? The AFC South says Hi.

Now Thomas as well???

Arie was a kid when he messed up, you never made mistakes as a kid?

TT is a completely different story

Arie was a kid when he messed up, you never made mistakes as a kid?

TT is a completely different story

Bullying a disabled kid to the point where they feared for their safety and are still in a bad place as a result of the behaviour isn't exactly a mistake - it's a character flaw.

Bullying a disabled kid to the point where they feared for their safety and are still in a bad place as a result of the behaviour isn't exactly a mistake - it's a character flaw.
Could be a character flaw could have been a mistake, hopefully he has learnt and is better for it.

Could be a character flaw could have been a mistake, hopefully he has learnt and is better for it.

I hope he has learnt from it and has apologised to the people he hurt. However, there is no 'could' about it - subjecting someone to that kind of treatment is absolutely a character flaw. A mistake is accidentally standing on someone's foot not subjecting someone to months or protracted harassment to the point where you get expelled from school because of your actions.

Would’ve thought the AFL just step in on the TT issue. Would really look stupid endorsing the whole arm in arm against gendered violence then letting him back on a list.

While I really couldn’t give a shit about North it’d also be failing them as well. They did the right thing and got rid of him at a time when they needed talent in that age bracket like no other club. Then another club just swoops and gets to start from square one?

!00% cash grab.
This current administration keeps ticking all the wrong boxes.
I bet that they spend their lunch times calculating how they can squeeze more money out of the game, "oh lets have a masquerade themed round all the players can wear masks, think of the merchandising$$$", "what about about a sausage sizzle round Bunnings can sponsor it and we can charge $50 per snag", "Oh I've got one ...Free Punt round... we give out a few hundred thousand betting vouchers at primary schools...Sportsbet will pay big $$$$ to get them kids online."

AFL = Whores for a quick buck.

I bet that they spend their lunch times calculating how they can squeeze more money out of the game, "oh lets have a masquerade themed round all the players can wear masks, think of the merchandising$$$", "what about about a sausage sizzle round Bunnings can sponsor it and we can charge $50 per snag", "Oh I've got one ...Free Punt round... we give out a few hundred thousand betting vouchers at primary schools...Sportsbet will pay big $$$$ to get them kids online."

AFL = Whores for a quick buck.

Yes and then the bookies will promo ban any account that wins off a bonus bet like they always do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back