No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No eyes for the ball, point of shoulder squarely underneath Rankine's chin, opted to bump, high impact - gorn for weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 or 6.

View attachment 2084377
Yep- there’s such a duty of care involved when a player in Rankines case is in a vulnerable position.
I generally have sympathy for the players as they are trying to walk the tightrope between physical aggression and duty of care in microseconds, but this sort of thing has to be totally stamped out.

Yep- there’s such a duty of care involved when a player in Rankines case is in a vulnerable position.
I generally have sympathy for the players as they are trying to walk the tightrope between physical aggression and duty of care in microseconds, but this sort of thing has to be totally stamped out.
For sure, I have a lot of sympathy if it's an obvious accident or if players are going full tilt for the same ball, but when you watch that footage you can see Rankine off the ground and vulnerable with Houston CLEARLY lining him up and deciding to bump. May be the clear cut worst incident I've seen all year.

It makes no sense, but I'm with you on that.

Ostensibly he seems very likable. In practice he's somehow only a few pegs below Lynch as the key forward I dislike the most.

In our house this award goes to Tom Hawkins and by a long long way. Followed by Eric Hipwood.

No eyes for the ball, point of shoulder squarely underneath Rankine's chin, opted to bump, high impact - gorn for weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 or 6.

View attachment 2084377

This needs to be the base minimum for cases like this going forward. Much as I abhor homophobia - there is no way known using a slur in the heat of the moment should see you out of the game longer than attacking a player such as this or cases like Jimmy Webster's or Luke Parker's. AFL needs to get serious on shit like this rather than trying to punish every single accidental hit to the head.

Blues could easily jump over us
So should we win next week, would we prefer Lions away or Bulldogs at the G. Lions are always a chance to beat in the finals because they often choke when the going gets tough, and Bulldogs are in pretty good form.
Although at least it’d be at the G so we’d be there to support…..and surely the AFL wouldn’t have it at Marvel.

So should we win next week, would we prefer Lions away or Bulldogs at the G. Lions are always a chance to beat in the finals because they often choke when the going gets tough, and Bulldogs are in pretty good form.
Although at least it’d be at the G so we’d be there to support…..and surely the AFL wouldn’t have it at Marvel.
If we win, it will mean Carlton would have to win much bigger than us for us to face Brisbane I think. I just did ladder predictor with us beating North by 10pts and Carlton winning by 50pts. That would see us play Brisbane in Brisbane.

We are more likely to play Bulldogs (if they win), Carlton if Dogs lose and Blues win, or Freo if Dogs & Blues both lose.

We could play Brisbane at the MCG if Dogs win, and Lions somehow lose to Essendon....

There are so many variables, it's doing my head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This melbourne situation is interesting
They recontracted Gawn for 2 years at 32 years old

Petraaca wants out and is unhappy
Viney abit flaky according to what he's said in interviews
Oliver been on a rollercoaster probably wants out

they can put these guys to market and get some solid picks and fast track a rebuild with high picks before tassie comes online. is it hanging onto a chance to bounce back? or is the clubs stance of "keep" just to put up thier value?

I keep saying 1991 is underrated. Won the first ever VFL/AFL final played outside of Victoria, and then the only ever VFL/AFL GF played at Waverley.
The Westies were so cocky too. We were too old too slow. Was a guest of compass the airline and had cracker seats but right amongst them from the west. Bitch and Slap always comes to mind, couldn’t stop laughing as we smashed our way to another Grand Final and Norm Smith care of Paul Dear. A great day out!

The Westies were so cocky too. We were too old too slow. Was a guest of compass the airline and had cracker seats but right amongst them from the west. Bitch and Slap always comes to mind, couldn’t stop laughing as we smashed our way to another Grand Final and Norm Smith care of Paul Dear. A great day out!
With good reason - they had an incredible season and a squad full of seriously good players

If we win, it will mean Carlton would have to win much bigger than us for us to face Brisbane I think. I just did ladder predictor with us beating North by 10pts and Carlton winning by 50pts. That would see us play Brisbane in Brisbane.

We are more likely to play Bulldogs (if they win), Carlton if Dogs lose and Blues win, or Freo if Dogs & Blues both lose.

We could play Brisbane at the MCG if Dogs win, and Lions somehow lose to Essendon....

There are so many variables, it's doing my head in.
And the worst thing about it is because we play before all those teams we just have to win and let the cards fall where they may

Bolton has officially requested a trade out of Richmond.
Never liked Bolton much, definition of a selfish player and always has been. This year has all but confirmed it. Terrible body language, not an ounce of fight and bailing when things look tough. I have no love for Richmond but they're better off without him and I hope they get a decent return.

Bolton has officially requested a trade out of Richmond.
Tigers are going to get worse this off-season. Eagles will as well if Barrass leaves. All while North is still as shit as ever.

Potentially going to be an even bigger gulf between the bottom 3 sides and the rest of the competition. This year was bad enough for how bad the bottom 3 were.

Richmond would want to nail the next 3 drafts comprehensively. If they don't they are going to be in for a world of hurt when Tassie start compromising a few drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back