No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that the criteria for having an opinion on AA now?

Even most of those on the panel watch in on TV. The Fox footy panel (johnson included) call games from a studio.

It's not - but you absolutely do get a better idea of how a player is going at the ground a lot of the time.

Every year, without fail, Brad Johnson has the worst media pundit AA side.

FB: Lachie Whitfield (GWS) / Harris Andrews (BRI) / Luke Ryan (FRE)
HB: Dayne Zorko (BRI) / Jeremy McGovern (WCE) / Nick Blakey (SYD)
C: Errol Gulden (SYD) / Patrick Cripps (CAR) / Zach Merrett (ESS)
HF: Dylan Moore (HAW) / Jeremy Cameron (GEE) / Chad Warner (SYD)
FF: Charlie Curnow (CAR) / Jesse Hogan (GWS) / Tyson Stengle (GEE)
FOL: Tristan Xerri (NM) / Nick Daicos (COL) / Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
I/C: Isaac Heeney (SYD) / Lachie Neale (BRI) / Caleb Serong (FRE) / Adam Treloar (WB)

Zorko ahead of Dale, Holmes, Sinclair or Houston.

Luke Ryan similarly confusing, picking a defensively poor accumulator as a third tall. The fact that he's taken the most marks all season despite taking only .4 contested marks and 1.8 intercept marks a game speaks to how little he impacts a game.

Whitfield has had a good patch of footy but has been underwhelming most of the season, so to include him in the first place and in the back pocket???? For another year the only time Zach Merrett is selected as an outside mid is in the AA side. Four inside mids on the bench too.

There isn't much of a brain left behind that vacant smile, I fear.
I think the HBF choice is a pretty tough one. Whit, Houston, Dale and Zorko have all had really good years. Sinclair has been awesome but plays a lot more mid than the others. Holmes great but has dropped off the last six weeks or so and you could probs say the same about Dale (relative to their early season form).

I'd probably go Whitfield and Houston as my two but it's not like I watch that much GWS or Port. I just watch Whitfield's numbers pump my fantasy team every game and let the dopamine do its thing

The lack of goals might hurt Whit's argument but he's also the biggest possession winner by a long way

I think the HBF choice is a pretty tough one. Whit, Houston, Dale and Zorko have all had really good years. Sinclair has been awesome but plays a lot more mid than the others. Holmes great but has dropped off the last six weeks or so and you could probs say the same about Dale (relative to their early season form).

I'd probably go Whitfield and Houston as my two but it's not like I watch that much GWS or Port. I just watch Whitfield's numbers pump my fantasy team every game and let the dopamine do its thing
I'd be fine with Whitfield on the back flank but he still seems to be rated much lower by Champion Data than other half backs, lots of meaningless touches. Back pocket is what baffles me.

I'd be fine with Whitfield on the back flank but he still seems to be rated much lower by Champion Data than other half backs, lots of meaningless touches. Back pocket is what baffles me.
realistically you need to watch every disposal and contest involvement on the AFL site to gauge these things and who the **** wants to do that lol

then there's all the off-ball work particularly defenders and wingers do

footy isn't that complex of a game at its core but without context ranking players in a 22-man team is extremely difficult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, Adelaide are in shambles. Not reading the room at all here. Whole leadership group thrown him under the bus, for what, celebrating and making a joke? Crazy
Na I've watched him a couple of times and he genuinely stuffs up alot, for every flashy thing he does there are 5 stuff ups to go with it, a poor man's wizard Watson.

Yes, it definitely helps
Seen half a dozen live Freo games this year and Ryan is a lot better than what I had previously viewed on the TV

I missed seeing Hawthorn play live from 2017 until 2021.

The one thing that stood out to me after that gap was just how unbelievably good Blake Hardwick is.

Some players, especially defenders, do a lot of their good work outside the cameras eye-line.

So Collingwood need to win by plenty tonight and hope we, or more likely Carlton, get smacked by a similar amount.
I think. 🤔
There was a graphic earlier in the week that I can’t seem to find anywhere that had the results the Pies need to make the 8 (I did not fact check). There were some silly numbers involved.

Brad Johnson is a half wit! An absolute buffoon .

There was a graphic earlier in the week that I can’t seem to find anywhere that had the results the Pies need to make the 8 (I did not fact check). There were some silly numbers involved.

Ladder predictor with Collingwood winning by 100 and Carlton losing by a 100 sees Collingwood in the 8 by 0.3%

Of course they also need Fremantle to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back