No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We chose Weddle over Ed. Feel like we made a very good choice.

Glad Ed has had a breakout game though - he was having a bit of an average season earlier this year in the reserves.
more for the romance i mean, but we couldn't have got him under father-son anyway. We'll see what kind of player he turns out to be, but i can guarantee he's no Weddle

Last edited:
He is very Sicily like for mine, commands the backline. Maybe that has increased from previous years with Young now playing as a mid.
Nowhere near Sicily's level. Miles worse defensively, fewer intercepts, half the contested marks (even with Sicily playing one arm down essentially), fewer score involvements. Sic is having a down year and is still ahead of Ryan in every way that matters.

Ed Allan just kicked his first goal. Would've been cool having him play alongside Calsher – son of 1991 Norm Smith alongside son of 1991 B&F winner.
60 minutes into the quarter. I wonder what the latest into a quarter a player has kicked their first career goal.

Every year, without fail, Brad Johnson has the worst media pundit AA side.

FB: Lachie Whitfield (GWS) / Harris Andrews (BRI) / Luke Ryan (FRE)
HB: Dayne Zorko (BRI) / Jeremy McGovern (WCE) / Nick Blakey (SYD)
C: Errol Gulden (SYD) / Patrick Cripps (CAR) / Zach Merrett (ESS)
HF: Dylan Moore (HAW) / Jeremy Cameron (GEE) / Chad Warner (SYD)
FF: Charlie Curnow (CAR) / Jesse Hogan (GWS) / Tyson Stengle (GEE)
FOL: Tristan Xerri (NM) / Nick Daicos (COL) / Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
I/C: Isaac Heeney (SYD) / Lachie Neale (BRI) / Caleb Serong (FRE) / Adam Treloar (WB)

Zorko ahead of Dale, Holmes, Sinclair or Houston.

Luke Ryan similarly confusing, picking a defensively poor accumulator as a third tall. The fact that he's taken the most marks all season despite taking only .4 contested marks and 1.8 intercept marks a game speaks to how little he impacts a game.

Whitfield has had a good patch of footy but has been underwhelming most of the season, so to include him in the first place and in the back pocket???? For another year the only time Zach Merrett is selected as an outside mid is in the AA side. Four inside mids on the bench too.

There isn't much of a brain left behind that vacant smile, I fear.
Looks like he just picked a Supercoach 'best of side'.

Nowhere near Sicily's level. Miles worse defensively, fewer intercepts, half the contested marks (even with Sicily playing one arm down essentially), fewer score involvements. Sic is having a down year and is still ahead of Ryan in every way that matters.
You don’t rate him, we get it. He was in the All Australian squad last year and good chance to make the team this year. Looks like the football experts / team selectors have collectively got it wrong 😂

Melbourne's i50's are atrocious.
They will never kick a winning score.
Melbourne are stuck on the same train Carlton are on. They think building a contested brand of footy will stand up in finals and that alone will be enough.

Every team that makes finals plays contested footy. You need more than just that.

Goodwin and Voss desperately need some elite strategy help around them.

You don’t rate him, we get it. He was in the All Australian squad last year and good chance to make the team this year. Looks like the football experts / team selectors have collectively got it wrong 😂
AA selectors get it wrong all the time. Look at Sicily 2 years ago. Biggest rort there ever was.

Geelong winning big. If Giants and Port both lose, Cats looking at a home final at the cattery against one of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back