No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

movie theater popcorn GIF

Freo ball handling

Cmon Dockers, try to at least close the game out well.

Season on the line, and they cannot even run out the game. If I was their supporter, I'd be massively disappointed. They have had so many chances to keep their place in the 8, and have just never risen to the occassion - despite what is a talented list on paper.

They need to trade hard for Shai, give them at least one big-game player.

Carlton choked in a single moment, where as Fremantle choked over 4 full quarters.

Really bad loss from them. Felt like they owned general play and just botched everything in front of goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are becoming more reliable. Absorbed Freo's best punches and went up a level and put the game to bed when they had momentum. Been doing that the past 8 weeks. Next test is to replicate this form in the finals. As we know it's their Achilles heel. Their best will certainly challenge us. They have alot of weapons.

Port are becoming more reliable. Absorbed Freo's best punches and went up a level and put the game to bed when they had momentum. Been doing that the past 8 weeks. Next test is to replicate this form in the finals. As we know it's their Achilles heel. Their best will certainly challenge us. They have alot of weapons.
They are well placed and under the radar. Won their last 6, have the rail run to a GF by winning at home. Their recent finals history weighs against them but on form and now fixture, they are a real chance

The reaction to tonight is hilarious - Blues supporters have gone full circle in the last 8 hours

No. I don't think Sam after that game said fellas look it was just the umpires that cost us the game we will get em next time. I think that game had a big influence on our entire season because we took ownership for the loss and got better because of it. Umpires don't Influence games.

Logically u have a 120 minutes to win it u made too many mistakes as players and fluffed the game
Of course Sam probably didn’t say that and that has nothing to do with the point because when push comes to shove, the umpire had a direct influence on the game and potentially has influenced the results of a whole season. The last goal did not exist without the umpires influence. I’m not saying that umpires are the only influencing factor on a game, because that would be a dumb belief, but there is no way anyone can tell me that an umpire does/can NOT have an influence.

As for the highlighted part, at the end of 120 minutes we had made some mistakes but had still done enough for 4 points, but at the end of 120 minutes and 19 seconds, the umpire had too, therefore influencing the game and result.

I’m not advocating nor whinging that we lost that game, it probably did define our season BUT umpires can most certainly influence games and players/coaches most certainly do not control everything nor are always solely to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back