No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I'm sad to see the back of slobbo! 🤣 Absolute bulldust artist. Saints snubbing battle is great! Means they're pissed off. That's alot better than them being complacent he's going. I used to like BT back when he was a passionate caller, now it seems like he's making sure he's heart rate doesn't get to high, and he has to watch everything he says, turned into a very vanilla caller.

So cats will get Jack Martin and Bailey Smith.
I just want them to fade away and disappear 🤦🏼‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why people are throwing Jack Martin into the conversation around Geelong being good at trade period. Do we normally count DFAs?

On the other two, how do they get them done? Smith and Oliver don't appear to have too many other suitors, but Oliver is still on a massive contract and I can't see Melbourne giving Geelong a bargain without them paying his entire contract - and I doubt they do. Smith alone should be a challenge to get done.

The other point is, how do they fit? The last two teams who have transplanted this much of a new midfield from other sides were us in 2017 and Richmond in 2023. Both instances proved that the equation is much more than just talent in. This is as desperate as Geelong has looked for mine.

I don't know why people are throwing Jack Martin into the conversation around Geelong being good at trade period. Do we normally count DFAs?

On the other two, how do they get them done? Smith and Oliver don't appear to have too many other suitors, but Oliver is still on a massive contract and I can't see Melbourne giving Geelong a bargain without them paying his entire contract - and I doubt they do. Smith alone should be a challenge to get done.

The other point is, how do they fit? The last two teams who have transplanted this much of a new midfield from other sides were us in 2017 and Richmond in 2023. Both instances proved that the equation is much more than just talent in. This is as desperate as Geelong has looked for mine.
Very desperate. There's a comedic element to it as well.

The Bulldogs played hardball on Dunkley not once but twice. If they blinked the first time he would have been hanging out with Nick Hind's thug mates on GF day rather than getting another premiership medal. 15 and 35 as their best picks won't come even close to satisfying the Dogs and if they start having to consider using their F1 also there is no chance in hell they'll get Oliver done. The PSD threat should be enough to make Geelong stump up - I can't imagine a club as desperate and cashed up as Norf wouldn't put their hand up for Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back