General Asian Cup Discussion Thread.

Who do you think will win the 2015 Asian Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my take:

weeks/days leading upto the event i was asked by associates if i would go or not. i clearly stated that i wasnt interested at all. i also noted there were no billboards or flags flying in the city denoting the fact we have this tournament. little fanfare.

then after game 1 i got aroused. got the fever and purchased tickets to 2 melbournes rectangular stadium games. i was buzzing. fantastic to see people of all colours (skin) wearing and supporting countries they (a) never heard of (b) never been to (c) probably verbally abused in recent times due to religion or culture.

i also believe people had no idea how popular this event would be.

That's my take

I've absolutely loved the asian cup personally, from the Aussies and from the others. China's surprise package, japan falling over, Iran and Iraq playing out one of the most enjoyable games I've watched, Tim Cahill brilliance.

The whole tournament has exceeded my expectations, and I thought we'd be lucky to get to the semis personally. The way we have played, to consistently get the ball in the back of the net with an attacking game style that can be exhilarating at times has been fantastic.

I expect our players to give there all tomorrow against a very good opponent. To win the cup on our home turf would be massive and I can't wait!

For those who don't have foxtel, you've missed out on some great games, and not having anything live FTA on sbs or abc has been nothing short of ridiculous and a huge chance to expand the game goes begging, especially with the way the socceroos have played. Even the tournament itself wasn't advertised very well, with most people I know unaware it was on.

Not sure if this is the proper place to discuss this but does anyone know any good pubs in the city of Melbourne that'll be showing the Asian cup final tomorrow night?

Couple of mates want to go out tomorrow but I really want to watch the game aswell as have a quiet couple of brews ;)

Not sure if this is the proper place to discuss this but does anyone know any good pubs in the city of Melbourne that'll be showing the Asian cup final tomorrow night?

Couple of mates want to go out tomorrow but I really want to watch the game aswell as have a quiet couple of brews ;)
The Imperial near Parliament house is pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

General Asian Cup Discussion Thread.

Back