General Asian Cup Discussion Thread.

Who do you think will win the 2015 Asian Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the game not knowing exactly what to expect. I knew to expect a big crowd, but that was about it.

It was a pretty good game (a hell of a lot better than a few A-League snooze-fests I've endured), but the atmosphere was electric. The highlight for me was seeing the Jordanian active area start a Mexican Wave, and it was one of the best waves I've seen.

All up a fantastic night, and really glad I forked out the $20 to be at the game.

AAMI Park is an excellent stadium too.

Took a few tries to get going though :p

Whereabouts were you sitting?

As with any wave, but once it got going it was brilliant.

I was Aisle 19, pretty much in front of the video screen in that corner.

It was awesome being able to spend the day at the tennis then literally cross the road for the soccer.

Went to the game not knowing exactly what to expect. I knew to expect a big crowd, but that was about it.

It was a pretty good game (a hell of a lot better than a few A-League snooze-fests I've endured), but the atmosphere was electric. The highlight for me was seeing the Jordanian active area start a Mexican Wave, and it was one of the best waves I've seen.

All up a fantastic night, and really glad I forked out the $20 to be at the game.

AAMI Park is an excellent stadium too.

its pleasing to hear about your enjoyment.!!! thumbs up emoticon.

It was awesome being able to spend the day at the tennis then literally cross the road for the soccer.

i myself was seated aisle 35. not far from the japanese action group.

i remember once a wave happened at an international game here. haters (gonna hate hate hate hate hate) said its because the sport is boring that it happens. retort asked why does it happen at the ODI cricket, no reply.

I must have been just behind you I was just next to the screen up the Jordanian end.

I've struggled to get into the tournament despite going to the opening game. I'd never heard of most of the countries, in a soccer sense, and the NFL playoffs have been my sports focus. But now it's down to the knockout stage I'm going to try and watch all of it (except the 3rd place playoff - **** that noise).
Really, the pseudo-entertainment, WWE styled halfwittery that is the NFL "playoffs" over an international football tournament? Never heard of a football match being rigged by one team deflating the balls, heck never heard of anything as silly as allowing teams to select and use their own specific balls to begin with. If one wants to watch 90 minutes of big, skill-less lumps masquerading as footballers and set piece drudgery, Sam Allardyce is still managing a premier league team.

1095%20-%20WWE_Hall_Of_Fame_Induction_Ceremony%20gif%20john_cena%20laughing%20mask%20rey_mysterio%20suit%20sunglasses%20umaga%20wwe.gif

Really, the pseudo-entertainment, WWE styled halfwittery that is the NFL "playoffs" over an international football tournament? Never heard of a football match being rigged by one team deflating the balls, heck never heard of anything as silly as allowing teams to select and use their own specific balls to begin with. If one wants to watch 90 minutes of big, skill-less lumps masquerading as footballers and set piece drudgery, Sam Allardyce is still managing a premier league team.
I refuse to take seriously any so-called sport that has human whales as highly paid pro-athletes.

PJ-BK010_FATJER_G_20121003001607_original.jpg

Without wanting to take the thread off topic, I find NFL games hard to watch (perhaps to not really understanding the rules). It's weird though, I usually enjoy gridiron sport movies.

UAE vs Iraq in the third place playoff could be a pretty interesting match.

I refuse to take seriously any so-called sport that has human whales as highly paid pro-athletes.

PJ-BK010_FATJER_G_20121003001607_original.jpg
ROFLMAO!! Sumo wrestlers are more nimble than these fat arseh*le "athletes".

No one understands the rules to this shit, there's like a million of them, many that contradict each other, case in point, the infamous tuck rule game. It's a game predominately for coaches and not players, coaches who were too mentally ******ed to be even primary school level chess players who plaigirised basic infantry battle tactics into a rugby like game and turned it into a massive turd of a sport, spectated by american rednecks and effeminate hipster douchebags outside of the US looking to be all alternative alike. I see all of these w***ers wearing NFL (and other american baseball sports teams) caps and other apparrel and I doubt the vast majority could name a single one of these foodbags or roidheads who play these shit games.

I would rather watch a pub team managed by Tony Pulis than have to endure 3 hours of this ****wittery (3 hours in which only 11 minutes are actual action of people doing anything on the pitch).

The fat guys job is to stand there and stop the opposition reaching the quarterback, who cares what their physique is.
Exactly, his entire existence is to be a big, inanimate object, a feat requiring no appreciable skill or athletic prowess. Substitute him with a hippo and the results would be the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look. I'm happy to stay out of this board atm. Since imo, Australia's current success is a win for the arrogance expressed by the whole Australian soccer community. But when I read this ****, I have to chip in a defend...

Exactly, his entire existence is to be a big, inanimate object, a feat requiring no appreciable skill or athletic prowess. Substitute him with a hippo and the results would be the same.
Those big, inanimate objects sprint 36 metres in a tick over 5 secs, and can bench press at least 250kgs. I can appreciate that athletic prowess, and they are athletically superior to you in every way. In the metaphorical jungle, you'd see them a mile away. But they'd chase you down and maul you to death. So I'd ease up with the disrespect. Just stick to what the Australian soccer fan is only good at, hanging shit on Holger Osieck and Pim Verbeek.

Last edited:
ROFLMAO!! Sumo wrestlers are more nimble than these fat arseh*le "athletes".

No one understands the rules to this shit, there's like a million of them, many that contradict each other, case in point, the infamous tuck rule game. It's a game predominately for coaches and not players, coaches who were too mentally ******ed to be even primary school level chess players who plaigirised basic infantry battle tactics into a rugby like game and turned it into a massive turd of a sport, spectated by american rednecks and effeminate hipster douchebags outside of the US looking to be all alternative alike. I see all of these ******s wearing NFL (and other american baseball sports teams) caps and other apparrel and I doubt the vast majority could name a single one of these foodbags or roidheads who play these shit games.

I would rather watch a pub team managed by Tony Pulis than have to endure 3 hours of this *******tery (3 hours in which only 11 minutes are actual action of people doing anything on the pitch).

Tell us what you really think...

The fat guys job is to stand there and stop the opposition reaching the quarterback, who cares what their physique is.

My point exactly.

Look. I'm happy to stay out of this board atm. Since imo, Australia's current success is a win for the arrogance expressed by the whole Australian soccer community. But when I read this ****, I have to chip in a defend...

Those big, inanimate objects sprint 36 metres in a tick over 5 secs, and can bench press at least 250kgs. I can appreciate that athletic prowess, and they are athletically superior to you in every way. In the metaphorical jungle, you'd see them a mile away. But they'd chase you down and maul you to death. So I'd ease up with the disrespect. Just stick to what the Australian soccer fan is only good at, hanging shit on Holger Osieck and Pim Verbeek.

Those big, inanimate objects sprint 36 metres in a tick over 5 secs, and can bench press at least 250kgs.

If I wanted to watch elite athletics I tune in to watch the Olympics and other related events. So to argue that nfl players are great athletes is not a good enough reason to convince 'me' that the sport is worth watching though.

As a sporting spectacle I find yankball players extremely 1 dimensional in the skills department. The vast majority of gridiron players (beside the quarter back really) are there for 1 or 2 things only (mainly specific athletic abilities tied to their straight jacket roles) and I find the sport rather tedious, boring and underwhelming as a whole because of it.

Last edited:
Anyone know why the ABC are no longer showing BOTH semi-finals live? They have repeatedly advertised that and now that it is here, they've decided not to show the South Korea vs Iraq match live. Very disappointing. :mad::mad:
Really disappointing to no end.

Honestly I think they missed a trick by not showing the whole tournament on FTA. Think they would have got fairly decent ratings the whole way through

Really disappointing to no end.

Honestly I think they missed a trick by not showing the whole tournament on FTA. Think they would have got fairly decent ratings the whole way through
I actually think the interest in the tournament was hugely underestimated, but I'm as guilty of it as the next person... I thought our games would be big and the rest meh... but even the nuff games have been really well supported

Hooray, two consecutive posts without people bashing a sport they don't even care about.

So much could have already changed, had we not made the final. I shudder to think of what could have been in that regard. Since we did make the final, there is a LOT to gain.

Remove this Banner Ad

General Asian Cup Discussion Thread.

Back