General Asian Cup Discussion Thread.

Who do you think will win the 2015 Asian Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Herd could be another name in contention if he can get some fitness and form going.

He had some great form for Villa last year until he got injured. If he is playing week in and week out for Villa this season I expect him to be in the starting lineup.

He had some great form for Villa last year until he got injured. If he is playing week in and week out for Villa this season I expect him to be in the starting lineup.

Yeah, read something on the world game a few days back saying he was featuring in Ange's plans for the WC but had to pull out of the Ecuador friendly due to personal reasons. Apparently has had a lot of injury troubles the last few years so needs a big season to try and secure his future at Villa and to get back into the national frame.

If Ange is in charge, we will get trounced. Tactically inept in defence.

Last time I checked none of the Asian nations have the firepower of Spain, Chile or the Netherlands. We were outclassed by some world-class sides who were simply too good for us, our challenge this time around will be to perform strongly against opposition nearer to our level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inexperienced defence missing a few players against world class strikers and teams, hardly surprising stuff. Many people wrote us off saying if we kept our goals conceded under 10, that would be a huge achievement. The team will be better from the experience and against more modest opposition, 'should' do better.

My XI:

Langerak
Franjic - Spiranovic - Wilkinson - Davidson
Jedinak (c) - Bozanic
Leckie - Bresciano/Holman - Oar
Cahill

Bench: Ryan, Good, Milligan, Wilkshire, Kruse, Rogic, Holman/Taggart​

Yeah the scary front third of Kuwait is comparable to Chile, Netherlands and Spain......:drunk:
Japan? South Korea? Both are decent going forward. If we play them it will be 5-4 their way. Ange has never been able to coach teams well defensively. He has the good attacking tactics but poor defensively. Both the Roar and Victory were average at the back under him.

he is better than both of them
He is but he is also coming off a very serious knee injury and has only just started training. I wouldn't be adverse to having him as a super sub. We have all seen how long it can take to get back to full fitness, especially for a guy whose main weapons are pace and agility.

He is but he is also coming off a very serious knee injury and has only just started training. I wouldn't be adverse to having him as a super sub. We have all seen how long it can take to get back to full fitness, especially for a guy whose main weapons are pace and agility.

yeah sure but the bloke above was saying Oar and Leckie are better lol

you're still wrong champ

Kruse is probably one of the top 3 players for Australia
Leckie was arguably the best player for us in the WC. Oar I rate about the same as Kruse. Ergo: Kruse isn't better than either of them

Remove this Banner Ad

General Asian Cup Discussion Thread.

Back