General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trades youd like to see your team make

(Essendon) Scott Gumbleton

for

(West Coast) Koby Stevens

Could throw in a 2nd/3rd round draft pick to sweeten the deal but could be a win/win for both teams.

Will probably be told that Gumbleton plays the role that Josh Kennedy does, but I feel Kennedy could play closer to goal and be of more value there.

Do not want, Gumbelton is injury prone and over rated. Stevens is also highly rated by the Eagles and is the likely successor to Priddis.

I think you gave Seaby plus your second rounder (in the 20s) for WC's third rounder.

Similar to that I'd say you could do something like Seaby + your first rounder (probably in the 20's this year) for GWS pick 11. But Seabs on his own for a first round, nup. Even though he probably is better than Blake :D (there you go Sheedy, I just suggested you your ruck combo, if you read BF). Throw in Bevan as well and you might get another pick back from them (say in the second round somewhere).

Now, trading Hall for a third rounder, and then trading that plus Buchanan for a pick you then on traded for Mumford, I'll give you that, that was very good :thumbsu: (although I'm very happy with Duncan)

The total trade from Sydney's point of view was Buchanan and 22 for Seaby, 28 and 39ish, with the Hall-trade pick also sent somewhere else. I don't think you can segregate the WC leg from the Brisbane leg of the trade.

Hard to tell what this year's picks will be deemed to be worth but the Swans' first round pick will be earmarked for Mitchell (unless other clubs are kind enough not to bid a first round pick for him!)

Bevan seems a good fit for the Giants -tough, no frills and a local boy. He may be out of contract at the end of the year so he could go for nothing, if he and GWS want each other. Much will depend if he gets squeezed out of the side as the season progresses, which is quite possible even though he's playing quite well at the moment. But if he does, it is hard to argue that two players on the fringe of our best 22 are worth a pick around the 10-12 mark together.

Melbourne to make the trade Out: M. Warnock In : Pick 2!

It would be nice to upgrade our first pick, but since that would already be used on Mitchell as f/s we couldn't, best we could hope for is an upgrade on our 2nd rounder.

In all honesty, a couple of hard nosed midfielders that could be useful may be Shane Tuck (Richmond) or Byron Schammer (Fremantle), both a little older, both very good at winning there own ball. More so Tuck than Schammer but still, could see possible trades.

You can have Schammer. We've got enough good up and comers without him.

The total trade from Sydney's point of view was Buchanan and 22 for Seaby, 28 and 39ish, with the Hall-trade pick also sent somewhere else. I don't think you can segregate the WC leg from the Brisbane leg of the trade.

Hard to tell what this year's picks will be deemed to be worth but the Swans' first round pick will be earmarked for Mitchell (unless other clubs are kind enough not to bid a first round pick for him!)

Bevan seems a good fit for the Giants -tough, no frills and a local boy. He may be out of contract at the end of the year so he could go for nothing, if he and GWS want each other. Much will depend if he gets squeezed out of the side as the season progresses, which is quite possible even though he's playing quite well at the moment. But if he does, it is hard to argue that two players on the fringe of our best 22 are worth a pick around the 10-12 mark together.

Fair point. My point was more that you did very well to extract a decent pick for a guy who was never going to play for you again, extract another ok pick for a bloke who was probably on the decline and outside your best 22, and get a good 10 year ruckman on the cheap. All very very good trades (and that's even without discussing Kennedy & McGlynn).

I had forgotten about Mitchell...other clubs will probably make you bid your first rounder so there goes the upgrade the first rounder thing.

On the subject though, I think it's likely GWS will do a deal like that with someone unless it's 'overs', GCS were lucky in that they had Smith for a couple of years and knew how good he was, along with some zone picks, so they didn't need a really good AFL ruckman. GWS, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't signed any good young ruckmen among their crop yet, so they'll need some decent AFL ruckmen, and there's not a lot coming out of contract, so I think you will find they might begrudgingly give up some reasonably high picks out of necessity.

I think GWS need to trade about 3 or 4 of there top 10 picks for some good players. I would look at trading out like pick 2 and 7 for Adam Cooney and pick 5 ish for Brett Delideo!

On the subject though, I think it's likely GWS will do a deal like that with someone unless it's 'overs', GCS were lucky in that they had Smith for a couple of years and knew how good he was, along with some zone picks, so they didn't need a really good AFL ruckman. GWS, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't signed any good young ruckmen among their crop yet, so they'll need some decent AFL ruckmen, and there's not a lot coming out of contract, so I think you will find they might begrudgingly give up some reasonably high picks out of necessity.

GWS have Jonathan Giles playing in the ruck for them at the moment. I believe he was on either Port or the Crow's list for a while - maybe rookie list? He is early 20s, so has some size and bulk about him but he's not in Smith's class.

I imagine there will be a few 2nd or 3rd rucks at other clubs looking for more opportunities next year unless clubs have a rethink of the use/impact of the sub rule. GWS will need to try and shake a couple of decent ones loose, you'd think.

Why is he not rated by Fremantle supporters? Would just like to know..

Think he is a good decent depth player.

He did used to be. Its of my opinion that he has gotten worse in the last couple years. I think most fremantle supporters feel the same way. He's probably AFL standard but barely. Is the type of player GWS should be after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the Gold Coast start trading I wouldn't mind taking one of their forwards if they decide to move. Surely they can't afford to keep all four of Gorringe, Dixon, Day, Lynch, etc along with all of their other talent? Wouldn't mind one of their defenders either :p

will definitely be a handful of handy players that the GC have to let go because of poor form or lack of opportunities and they will be really good players for other sides, im looking foward to it!

I think GWS need to trade about 3 or 4 of there top 10 picks for some good players. I would look at trading out like pick 2 and 7 for Adam Cooney and pick 5 ish for Brett Delideo!
No they don't. What they can trade is the right to draft a 17yr old who would be available (normally) for the next year's draft. They can do this 4 times across the 2011 and 2012 draft periods.

Why is he not rated by Fremantle supporters? Would just like to know..

Think he is a good decent depth player.
You think he's only a depth player, yet you want us to trade for him? How many spare spots do you think we have on our list???

If they're not good enough for GC, who will they be good enough for ?

are you serious? how many players have you seen be hopeless at one club and good to gun players at other clubs?

some clubs just dont suit certain players, some will get homesick, some will need a coach to give them a little tender loving care that bluey cannot because of the number of kids.

look at the players that have left other new clubs in the past and you will see that good players just need the right environment.

with the amount of quality kids they have in their team, there is no way they will all get in the best 22.

Yeah, that's kind of what i was angling at in regards to packaging Seaby and Bevan together for a 1st rounder. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in regards to players wanting to sign up for GWS, they might get into a situation where they are kind of desperate which could potentially give us a bit of power at the bargaining table. But the Swans (under Roos anyway) never seemed to try and drive a hard bargain anyway. We'll get what we think is fair on both parties IF something like that was to eventuate.

would love to see adelaide trade for a crumber. we have some talls in sellar :)D) and others, but i'd like us to hold onto them. would have loved to have seen a brandon matera-esque player running around the feet of tippett/walker/smack, feel he could easily nab us 2-3 goals.

would love to see adelaide trade for a crumber. we have some talls in sellar :)D) and others, but i'd like us to hold onto them. would have loved to have seen a brandon matera-esque player running around the feet of tippett/walker/smack, feel he could easily nab us 2-3 goals.
Look no further - Eddie Betts will be available.

And the news gets better ... he's all yours for a first round selection :)

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back