General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trades youd like to see your team make

would love to see adelaide trade for a crumber. we have some talls in sellar :)D) and others, but i'd like us to hold onto them. would have loved to have seen a brandon matera-esque player running around the feet of tippett/walker/smack, feel he could easily nab us 2-3 goals.

You should definitely have a look at Ahmad Saad (spelling?) in the VFL, plays for the Bullants. He's a small forward with pace, skill and best of all he kicks goals. He's also still only 21 I believe. I would have given him a chance last year and rookied him but it wasn't meant to be. He's having a great year and should come into calculations for a club like you.

would love to see adelaide trade for a crumber. we have some talls in sellar :)D) and others, but i'd like us to hold onto them. would have loved to have seen a brandon matera-esque player running around the feet of tippett/walker/smack, feel he could easily nab us 2-3 goals.
If Alwyn Davey was on the table would you be interested, and what would you give?

I think GWS need to trade about 3 or 4 of there top 10 picks for some good players. I would look at trading out like pick 2 and 7 for Adam Cooney and pick 5 ish for Brett Delideo!

nah if we finish last we should get deledio with say stiller and 2nd round pick, or just our first pick

will definitely be a handful of handy players that the GC have to let go because of poor form or lack of opportunities and they will be really good players for other sides, im looking foward to it!
Agree.
A handful of 19, 20yo guys who would've been national draft picks as almost compelled delistings = handy pickings, or handy trades (ie GC pick + player for slightly better pick)

I hope that is a joke:eek: Stiller and a Second Rounder for Deledio? Your dreaming! I wouldn't mind trading for him but we would have to give up something acceptable!

of course it was a joke but i would not mind trying to get him and maybe a gold coast player

What do Saints and Blues supporters think?

Sam Gilbert and Kosi for Andrew Walker and Hampson.

Saints get another forward target and another ruckman who could play deep up forward to help out McEvoy/Reiwoldt- blues get another running defender and target up forward.

Leaves Tall Options of Kosi, Henderson, Waite, Kreuzer, Warnock. Kosi and Henderson could even possibly play CHB

What do Saints and Blues supporters think?

Sam Gilbert and Kosi for Andrew Walker and Hampson.

Saints get another forward target and another ruckman who could play deep up forward to help out McEvoy/Reiwoldt- blues get another running defender and target up forward.

Leaves Tall Options of Kosi, Henderson, Waite, Kreuzer, Warnock. Kosi and Henderson could even possibly play CHB
Ridiculous!

I like the idea of Gilbert, but they can keep Kosi who doesn't offer as much as Hampson does anyway.

Perhaps 2-3 years ago when we made a serious play for Kosi he would have been handy, but since then, he's gone backwards.

I'd rather keep Walker and Hampson.

I'd love to try and get:
KPD
Merrett from Brisbane
Carlisle from Port

Maybe offer up a guy like Lisle or Schoenmaekers and maybe a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal or a guy like Whitecross or Ellis.

Mid-sized forward like a Pettard from Melbourne - offer a 2nd Rounder

I've said before on this thread I'd love to somehow take Zac Smith form Gold Coast but realise this would never happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is coming from someone who would offer pick 30-40 for josh drummond

When have I ever said that??

I'd take Josh Drummond at the hawks as he has actually strung a few games together. over the past few years despite the injuries. Classy half back with elite disposal.

Charman, two years ago I would have given a fair bit for if fit, but now, he wouldn't have any value at all.

I'd love to try and get:
KPD
Merrett from Brisbane
Carlisle from Port

Maybe offer up a guy like Lisle or Schoenmaekers and maybe a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal or a guy like Whitecross or Ellis.

Mid-sized forward like a Pettard from Melbourne - offer a 2nd Rounder

I've said before on this thread I'd love to somehow take Zac Smith form Gold Coast but realise this would never happen

Sorry mate dan merrett aint going anywhere...
1) he is a qld boy...no go home factor
2) is a leader at the lions with a big role at the club on and off the field
3) he knocked back big cash from the gc...cash offers wont be a factor
4) is the lions best backman, and the lions are short on quality talls down back...lions have nothing to gain by trading him

I short, merrett loves the lions, and the club loves him...he is a lion for life

I'd be circling Port like an absolute vulture at the moment.

From Port Adelaide I would look at:

Mitch Banner, 180cm, 80kg, MID, 21
Travis Boak, 183cm, 83kg, MID, 22
Alipate Carlisle, 192cm, 98kg, DEF, 24
Jackson Trengove, 197cm, 98kg, DEF, 20

Obviously wanting these guys, would have to give up something decent.

I think we are in dire need for some KPD depth, as the ongoing concerns with Pears is worrying whilst Fletcher isnt getting any younger.

Would love to try and upgrade on some midfielders, or picks.

Mattie Allan. But you're chipping in for Charman's salary, ridiculous coin.

Charman is finally out of contract after this season...but yes he isnt worth much on trade table.

This is my view...
1) he will stay at the lions and accept a min contract after yes of getting huge money for nothin.
2) not happy with playing on at the lions on low cash...puts himself in the psd
3) if he plays well in the 2nd half of the year he could be a gws target with a role like fraser to gc...proberly the best option for charman and the lions as we will get a combo pick

Overall the

Ridiculous!

I like the idea of Gilbert, but they can keep Kosi who doesn't offer as much as Hampson does anyway.

Perhaps 2-3 years ago when we made a serious play for Kosi he would have been handy, but since then, he's gone backwards.

I'd rather keep Walker and Hampson.

What value does Hampson have other than a back up ruck to two players who are under 24 anyway? Once Kreuzer is back, Hampson will be fighting Warnock for a ruck spot. Hampson is lost as a forward.

What value does Hampson have other than a back up ruck to two players who are under 24 anyway? Once Kreuzer is back, he will be fighting Warnock for a ruck spot. Hampson is lost as a forward.

He might bring his missus to the club. Now that's got to insipre them!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back