General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trades youd like to see your team make

Some interesting players who would look great in other teams.

Liam Anthony (At Subiaco/Patersons Oval) always lifts his level. For WCE in particular would be a fascinating trade target.

Shane Tuck (unloved by Richmond) would be a great midfield target for Essendon. Can still play and will be able to for a while yet I predict.

For Collingwood maybe Tom Hawkins as a potential Leigh Brown replacement. Collingwood like the big bodied forwards and Tommy might need a new club to bring out his best.
Then maybe one of Mitch Morton or Xavier Ellis if they can't establish themselves in their respective teams this season as outside midfielders could also be interesting fits.

Liam Anthony (At Subiaco/Patersons Oval) always lifts his level. For WCE in particular would be a fascinating trade target.

Shane Tuck (unloved by Richmond) would be a great midfield target for Essendon. Can still play and will be able to for a while yet I predict.

For Collingwood maybe Tom Hawkins as a potential Leigh Brown replacement. Collingwood like the big bodied forwards and Tommy might need a new club to bring out his best.
Then maybe one of Mitch Morton or Xavier Ellis if they can't establish themselves in their respective teams this season as outside midfielders could also be interesting fits.

Like anthony but from a west coast perspective i would have to really question his disposal skills which tbh is still an area we really need to improve overall.

Key word 'strong' and we disagree there.

He's not quick and he doesn't kick bags and he's not strong. He crafts a few goals a game and does about 3 tagging jobs a year. I think he's over-rated.
Monfries would have kicked more bags than anyone in our team other than Mark Williams. He's got bags of 4 several times.

But its obvious we disagree on Monfries. I consider him one of our most important cogs, you don't.

To think I was blasted for suggesting we trade Angus Monfries who had some trade value.. :rolleyes:

I agree, we may have far to many HFF's on our list, but none real top quality like a Geelong or Collingwood.

I think Essendon's drafting this year will be far different to what we have seen in recent years, possibly along the line of last years with far more scope and depth.

I would love to land a 'big fish' like Carlton did with Chris Judd all those years ago, it is all just a pipe dream really :(
I don't believe I blasted you. And we may not have a Didak/S. Johnson or Chapman, but I have a pretty high opinion of Monfries and Winders and Crameri is looking a little beauty. If he can just start kicking straight.

What I am saying is that the midfield and small forwards are ticking along nicely. Would we like to strengthen the midfield? Sure. But not at the expense of any other line.

Frankly, our biggest worry might now be back on the talls. With the issues Danniher and Gumby have had, and depending on the prognosis with Pears, they're back to being a touch worrying. Need to spend a pick somewhere on another one.

I don't believe I blasted you. And we may not have a Didak/S. Johnson or Chapman, but I have a pretty high opinion of Monfries and Winders and Crameri is looking a little beauty. If he can just start kicking straight.

What I am saying is that the midfield and small forwards are ticking along nicely. Would we like to strengthen the midfield? Sure. But not at the expense of any other line.

Frankly, our biggest worry might now be back on the talls. With the issues Danniher and Gumby have had, and depending on the prognosis with Pears, they're back to being a touch worrying. Need to spend a pick somewhere on another one.

Nuh my bad.

The guys you mentioned all have spurts, but no one has consistently impacted games, even young Heppell, albeit in a different position has shown more consistency than Monfries, whilst Winderlich's body has not held up for a full season bar (is it) one?

I do agree that we look likely to put our eggs searching for talls, with the stunned development of Neagle, the continuning injury plagued career of Gumbleton and the raw Carlisle left to play a mans role as a boy.

I think this year we just go best available (bar a ruckmen, we seem set in this department for once :p) with our first pick whilst I think we look set to take a couple of speculative picks after (possibly) clearing out our rookie list.

I would love to get an inside ball winner who wins plenty of it (Stanton but inside).

Shaun McKernan - 1st round pick (Will happen)
Kane Cornes - 3rd round pick
Shane Tuck - PSD

3rd round??

i dont think he is a superstar, and has his strengths and weaknesses, but he is far better than a 3rd round pic. i think he is 27 years old. has been pushed out as we have alot of young guys primus is giving a chance at tagging/ midfield roles.

Apparently Damian Barrett said something last not on the footy show about Jackson Trengove.

Similar to Shuey I would be prepared to give our first pick for that kid...GUN. Don't really have any hesitation in Richmond giving away their first rounder if it is for a young kid that is 22 and first round quality already....less risk anyway.

what was said about trengove??

fair enough your team probably wishes they could get him, very very good tall still only 20 yrs old, we will hold onto him as long as possible, and seems to love playing footy for pafc. part of the extended leadership group already but will likely progress to vc in the future.

Ughh, pass thanks.

3rd round??

i dont think he is a superstar, and has his strengths and weaknesses, but he is far better than a 3rd round pic. i think he is 27 years old. has been pushed out as we have alot of young guys primus is giving a chance at tagging/ midfield roles.

He's a good player, but he's 28 mate (5/1/83), and he'll be 29 next season.

Like anthony but from a west coast perspective i would have to really question his disposal skills which tbh is still an area we really need to improve overall.

On a larger ground the hope would be that the weakness is less pronounced with more time + space.

Ughh, pass thanks.

Collingwood have been lucky in recent times getting Jolly, Ball, Tarrant and Krakouer. But why each of these trades have been so successful is because they have all filled clearly defined needs.

Right now I would annalyse Collingwood's needs as being:
Long term Jolly replacement (Wood looks insufficient)
Long term L.Brown replacement (Keeffe looks like more of a KPD)
Then there are lower order needs which can be satisfied later such as:
for another small defender, crumbing forward, hard inside mid, a weapon type outside mid/HFF and a young KPF to have developing for 4+ years.

Sometimes that quality isn't available and certainly when you are a top team you can't get this quality in every year (due to salary cap), often if you want to trade you trade for a role player who can fill a need which is exactly what Hawkins can do. Hawkins doesn't look like a star, but as a long term Leroy Brown replacement would be a very good choice given similar size + body shapes. And in the scenario that there is a long term injury to one of Cloke + Dawes we actually have the depth to cover, whereas now we would struggle to find that replacement KPF.

Hawkins has shown very minimal development since entering the AFL, but Collingwood has always been successful with the big bodied KPPs (Both Rocca's, Dawes, L.Brown) and we have always enjoyed their ability to physically come at packs and bring the ball to ground, particularly in recent times which again Hawkins could do. So unlike many I see many reasons why he could be a fit if acquired at the right price.
I don't think Hawkins would be unwilling to work hard, and I think a change of club could really give him the kick up the backside he needs to fulfill his upside which he showed as a junior.

There will be many varying views on whether Hawkins could even make it at another club. But if he is to make it anywhere, we are the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaun McKernan - 1st round pick (Will happen)
Kane Cornes - 3rd round pick
Shane Tuck - PSD
If your team ends up with a top 10 draft pick. Will that pick still be on offer?
If you don't other Victorian clubs are interested in him.

First round pick and Suckling/Whitecross for Alipate Carlisle.

target for gws who i think will stay.

theoretically, if he wanted out and not to gws, i see pick 18-26 + a fringe player as a massive massive loss for us.

our challenge is to keep him from gws, which he has said publicly he is waiting for pafc to put a contract in front of him and sounded very keen to stay.

I'd love to get one or more of these three players
Lewis Jetta
Daniel Rich
Isiah Stevens

Stevens is a distinct chance. Not looking life in Western Sydney. Suffering from homesickness. He'd be the one id make first play on because his the most likely to go. Rich and Jetta wouldnt be easy trades to make happen

At the start of 2011 i would have said Stevens to West Coast and Brad Ebert to GWS. Offer GWS one or two out of Tom Swift, Will Schofield and Callum Wilson.

Wilson would be a good pick up at GWS. Averaging close to 2 goals a game at AFL level in his career. One of the better key forwards in the state league he just needs consistent opportunities. We've already seen GC17 struggle this year without a KPF presence who can impact a game well enough.

Schofield's a spud who we can do good getting rid of.

Swift is interesting. Very very talented junior who just hasnt adapted to AFL. Vossy had a massive man crush on him as a 16 year old but he than went down with two knee reco's. Id say its affected his development

Port trades Jackson Trengrove for Richmond's Compensation pick that was obtained from Adelaide

On a more serious note :D
GWS trades either No.1, 2 or 3 pick for Shane Tuck and if it's possible to get 2 of those picks we'll throw in Troy Taylor and Thursfield
Another trade should be West Coast's Shuey for Richmond's first round pick (not the one that we obtained from GWS) and Nahas

Port trades Jackson Trengrove for Richmond's Compensation pick that was obtained from Adelaide

On a more serious note :D
GWS trades either No.1, 2 or 3 pick for Shane Tuck and if it's possible to get 2 of those picks we'll throw in Troy Taylor and Thursfield
Another trade should be West Coast's Shuey for Richmond's first round pick (not the one that we obtained from GWS) and Nahas

WUT.

The second one is less ridiculous but would only happen if Shuey WANTED to leave badly.

Paul Bevan + Mark Seaby for one of the GWS 1st rounders. One of 7 or 9? Not sure which one would be more realistic.

Neither, those guys aren't worth a first round pick.

I reckon they'll be interested in both but not at that price.

Not sure what we gave up for Seaby proper, was part of a 3 way trade involving Brisbane with Buchanan.

But i think both players as a package we should be able to get one of GWS' 1st rounders. If it's pick 13 or 15 i would be happy with that. :D

would love shuey but i hope he stays at west coast and becomes a great player, after everything hes been through all i wanna see is shuey playing consistent footy wherever he is comfortable.

Not sure what we gave up for Seaby proper, was part of a 3 way trade involving Brisbane with Buchanan.

But i think both players as a package we should be able to get one of GWS' 1st rounders. If it's pick 13 or 15 i would be happy with that. :D

I think you gave Seaby plus your second rounder (in the 20s) for WC's third rounder.

Similar to that I'd say you could do something like Seaby + your first rounder (probably in the 20's this year) for GWS pick 11. But Seabs on his own for a first round, nup. Even though he probably is better than Blake :D (there you go Sheedy, I just suggested you your ruck combo, if you read BF). Throw in Bevan as well and you might get another pick back from them (say in the second round somewhere).

Now, trading Hall for a third rounder, and then trading that plus Buchanan for a pick you then on traded for Mumford, I'll give you that, that was very good :thumbsu: (although I'm very happy with Duncan)

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back